OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks Slim, we have only played them twice in two years, both times at Milawa and both times they have belted us by over 100 points!! Hopefully we can get a little closer to them at home!

Give them the same welcome to Serenity Stadium ( House of pain) that you give us.....:thumbsu::D:D
They may need to leave their egos outside so they can get into the change rooms....

Talking to a couple Tatong people yesterday and they're a bit unhappy with Glenrowan.

One of the Glenrowan players was overhead being sent out in sniper mode and ended Welshy's game with a knee injury and later in the game seen standing over Spook (who was lying on the ground in serious pain). Spook off to hospital with 2 broken ribs diagnosed.

Doesn't sound like they want to win games with that sort of carry-on. :thumbsdown:

Unusual for their coach to give that sort of direction ( if he did ) he's been pretty respected around the O&K for years...:confused::confused:

Unusual for their coach to give that sort of direction ( if he did ) he's been pretty respected around the O&K for years...:confused::confused:

Yeah you wouldn't reckon a coach would give that type of instruction in this day and age.
Remember it is a contact sport and these type of injuries happen. Especially early in the season when the bodies are not use to the contact!

Give them the same welcome to Serenity Stadium ( House of pain) that you give us.....:thumbsu::D:D
They may need to leave their egos outside so they can get into the change rooms....

Haha "serenity stadium" love it! Yeah hopefully we can give them a good game.and your right, not even enough room for a footy side in our rooms let alone anything extra! Hopefully a reno is not too far away!

Do you seriously believe the crap you are writing on here??? Every single player and member at Glenrowan are way above any sort of behaviour like that. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such rubbish about a respectable club! You owe an apology to John, Chris and any other member of the club that you are talking about!! Get a life!!!

Hey there Notalocal, who was this Glenrowan player,It is easy to just make accusations, how about backing them up with some proof?? I would be surprised in O and K if coaches resorted to these tactics, it is social footy after all.

Hey there Notalocal, who was this Glenrowan player,It is easy to just make accusations, how about backing them up with some proof?? I would be surprised in O and K if coaches resorted to these tactics, it is social footy after all.

Nah, no proof mate. Wasn't at the game. Just speaking what was heard.

Could be it was just coincidence that the same player was involved with no malice.

Do you seriously believe the crap you are writing on here??? Every single player and member at Glenrowan are way above any sort of behaviour like that. You should be ashamed of yourself for spreading such rubbish about a respectable club! You owe an apology to John, Chris and any other member of the club that you are talking about!! Get a life!!!
Not saying it happens often but it does happen and to use words like apology and ashamed on BF you need to look for a netty forum, Pretty shitty first post....;)

Heard today that part of G/rowans reward for the fev scam was that 2 Yarra players would play on permits for a few weeks but never showed up yesterday.....any truth in it....
Heard exactly the same thing the other day, Slim.

In fact the person I heard it from has a credible source that overheard John Gannon's phone call with Yarrawonga. He wasn't happy :mad:

When I told a mate about it, he said he had heard that story as well.

Could the unthinkable happen and Glenrowan not clear Fev to play on Easter...?...:eek:

I see on the clearances bright have got a few in from down melb way.
I think some maybe former players
Anyone elaborate on them?

Thanks Slim, we have only played them twice in two years, both times at Milawa and both times they have belted us by over 100 points!! Hopefully we can get a little closer to them at home!

You played them at home in round 9 last year JAM. Although I can understand why you would choose to forget...

Not saying it happens often but it does happen and to use words like apology and ashamed on BF you need to look for a netty forum, Pretty shitty first post....;)

Intellect and vocabulary are a wonderful thing jaxbac... sorry didn't realise that you had to be an illiterate neanderthal to post on these forums. I'll be sure to only post hearsay and lies on here from now on....:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Intellect and vocabulary are a wonderful thing jaxbac... sorry didn't realise that you had to be an illiterate neanderthal to post on these forums. I'll be sure to only post hearsay and lies on here from now on....:cool:

If everything on here was the truth there wouldn't be much on here!!!

Everyone has different views on things. Pretty boring if we were all the same. No need to take pot shots at people

Heard exactly the same thing the other day, Slim.

In fact the person I heard it from has a credible source that overheard John Gannon's phone call with Yarrawonga. He wasn't happy :mad:

When I told a mate about it, he said he had heard that story as well.

Could the unthinkable happen and Glenrowan not clear Fev to play on Easter...?...:eek:

LMFAO....I hope so.....treat the whole scam with contempt..:D:D:D

Found my answer from a few pages back with how the under 18's will work this year being confirmed in the weekly times
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2012/03/30/462571_country-footy.html

This year, Milawa and Whorouly will continue last year's alignment, under the new name Snow Road Saints.
Greta, King Valley and Glenrowan will unite under the banner of the Southern Suns, while Tarrawingee and North Wangaratta will combine as Londrigan, a farming district between the two towns[/B]

How well has this been recieved by the leagues clubs? Surely there would be a few logistical problems including training and also fixturing of games which could become a problem for parents and families.
Has the league addressed these sorts of issues?

[QUOTE]"There may be scope in the future to have another thirds side out of Benalla, maybe an alignment of Tatong, Goorambat and Swanpool," Guilfoyle said.[/QUOTE]

What are the chances of this happening in the future? It would be great to provide a feed through to the old B & D sides.

SS, been 4 days and no comment on the weekends game.....can you fill us in...who the best players etc in your eyes......

Slimbo we have speant the last few days analysing the weekends game.
Overall we were quite happy with the game considering we had half of our senior side resting. We have seen what injuries can do to a side come finals as you would know, So resting players early in the season is a big priority fos us.
Mark Pollard was a standout for us I thought with his run and delivery and Toddy Haslam just keeps going and going like an old racehorse.

How are you blokes looking for this weekend?
Big ask to take on King Valley at home first round..
With Big Spoon out you would be looking to Franky Donahue to kick a bag if they are to be a chance

Found my answer from a few pages back with how the under 18's will work this year being confirmed in the weekly times
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2012/03/30/462571_country-footy.html

How well has this been recieved by the leagues clubs? Surely there would be a few logistical problems including training and also fixturing of games which could become a problem for parents and families.
Has the league addressed these sorts of issues?

Biggest issue I have with the thirds comp is Londrigan's guernsey - it's nearly identical to Alpine Eagles! How in a five team comp have we managed to end up with two sides wearing such similar jumpers?!

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back