OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

i thought this would have been the main conversation starter for the season. im surprised its taken this long to come out or be brought up.

Leave him alone he is a good bloke that was caught up in the wrong crowd.
When I was introduced to him, He seemed like a lovely bloke! He even asked me to the movies and dinner! Top Bloke!

may need to cut a deal Bunyip......We have Bright straight up after you guys...:)

By the way NONCH Benalla and Greta play for the Gerry Crothers cup this week. Gerry was a life member at both clubs...Hint,hint
Slim we've got the top 3 sides in the last 3 weeks so I'd like to think there will be no deals my friend, the gloves are off this week. A win is crucial for both clubs & it should make for a ripping match.

Nonch, agree with Slim 100% about the Gerry Crothers Cup. It's very rare a person is a Life Member of two clubs. From what I understand he played a lot of footy with Greta & was a club official for many years with All Blacks. Those who met him tell me he was a good bloke too.

i thought this would have been the main conversation starter for the season. im surprised its taken this long to come out or be brought up.
Agreed, I heard about this when we played North Wang back in Round 3. Not a good look whichever way you look at it. Hopefully the kid has put it behind him. With all the negative off-field happenings I'm hearing at North Wang their results suggest it hasn't had an impact on the field yet.

Agreed, I heard about this when we played North Wang back in Round 3. Not a good look whichever way you look at it. Hopefully the kid has put it behind him. With all the negative off-field happenings I'm hearing at North Wang their results suggest it hasn't had an impact on the field yet.

I'm sure the poor old bugger that was the recipient hasn't been able to put it behind him...:thumbsdown:

Yeah, I heard what happened the other night then did some research on the link that was posted. I cannot fathom how any club could have someone like that around the club. A leopard does not change their spots that is evident after the other night. What a pathetic weak dog, picking on a disabled person and leaving them scarred for life. I don't car if he plays like Wayne Carey I wouldn't want a maggot like that around any club, let alone any person I know. If North Wang are happy to have scum like that around, goes to show why they have issues, and will do anything to win a game. A good culture is more important than winning games, look at teams such as Tarra, Greta, King Valley, Bright etc. I hope the opposition gets into the big hero, such a tough guy.

Another thing, our well respected journo Nonch, any chance of doing some Investigative journalism and writing an article about what happened on Saturday night out there??? Doesn't have to be hamstrung to just reporting on the football games each week, I am sure the sporting community and general community would like to know about their "sporting stars" bashing women.

He rocked up at the Maggies but they told him to bugger off apparently. The story Nth Wang was sending around was that it was a pedifile that he burned. That article has cleared things up now. but he isn't the only one that likes the view behind bars apparently a couple of them that came down from the Teritory have come from there and and if one goes back it's straight to jail. Thats the word going around. But that seems to be the culture at Nth Wang, has been for decades. Don't care about image just winning games great family club. have few more beers fellas!!

He rocked up at the Maggies but they told him to bugger off apparently. The story Nth Wang was sending around was that it was a pedifile that he burned. That article has cleared things up now. but he isn't the only one that likes the view behind bars apparently a couple of them that came down from the Teritory have come from there and and if one goes back it's straight to jail. Thats the word going around. But that seems to be the culture at Nth Wang, has been for decades. Don't care about image just winning games great family club. have few more beers fellas!!
Steady on there cocko you cannot compare this decade to others, I played 10 great years there in a great family club, and I know back then this bloke would have found it physically impossible to play for anyone

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure the poor old bugger that was the recipient hasn't been able to put it behind him...:thumbsdown:
Slim, probably a poor choice of words on my behalf. Was trying to send a message that hopefully he regrets what he's done & is looking to move on in life. I heard he headed up this way from Melbourne for that very reason. I can understand some of the other comments about him being a maggot & a low life. What a terrible thing to do to anyone, let alone someone who can't defend themselves.

Ok some tips for this weekend. Im not sure there will be too many close ones!

Tarra over Moyhu 35 points
North Wang to smash Doon by 100 points
All Blacks over Greta by 40 points
KV over Tatong 120 points
Whorouly over Swanny 250 points
Milawa over bright 70 points
Gbat by 100 over Glenrowan!

Steady on there cocko you cannot compare this decade to others, I played 10 great years there in a great family club, and I know back then this bloke would have found it physically impossible to play for anyone

Yeah sorry mate I will take that back. Ya's have been fairly well behaved the past few years but I think its when ya's are winning they all rock up n get raudy. I remember the late nineties there were few rough nuts. I do apologise. I just got a bit fired up that there is a bloke like this hanging around.

Will bright leaving the o&k have much of an impacted on the league?

Will glenrowan still be around next year?

The major impact would be on the 3rds comp, it would probably be the end of that....I'm not up with what has too happen but don't they need to be cleared and need vcfl approval etc..

The major impact would be on the 3rds comp, it would probably be the end of that....I'm not up with what has too happen but don't they need to be cleared and need vcfl approval etc..

Yeah they need to be cleared by the O&K, then accepted by the TDFL, then approved by the VCFL. Although I don't know whether there will still be a VCFL by that stage...

The reasons why Bright are keen to leave the O&K (as per the Chronicle article) make perfect sense.
But, if this has been in the wings for a while it may have stemmed from "Akermania" & Bright not getting a home game over Easter in 2011 as a result. Bright were understandably really dirty on the league because an Easter fixture brings their club valuable tourist dollars. They felt in all the hype to bring Aker to town they were neglected. In addition to the Milawa/Tarra game, from memory I think a game was also played between King Valley & Tatong to which bugger all people showed up. So the opportunity was lost.

The reasons why Bright are keen to leave the O&K (as per the Chronicle article) make perfect sense.
But, if this has been in the wings for a while it may have stemmed from "Akermania" & Bright not getting a home game over Easter in 2011 as a result. Bright were understandably really dirty on the league because an Easter fixture brings their club valuable tourist dollars. They felt in all the hype to bring Aker to town they were neglected. In addition to the Milawa/Tarra game, from memory I think a game was also played between King Valley & Tatong to which bugger all people showed up. So the opportunity was lost.

If the Easter sat reason is behind their leaving then I would say "that's crap"...I believe your own club was one that "accomodated" Bright by playing up there on easter sat in recent years ....and refused to do it again for "financial reasons".....Not having a go at Greta in anyway but why should clubs go out of their way to make money for other clubs if it's not reciprical....Apparently some years back we asked for a good friday game, which was flatly refused by the board....did we take our ball and go home, no we just got on with it....Oh and what happened this year, gee whiz all of a sudden it's ok to play on good Friday...

If travel is their beef then they need to look outside the area and check out how far the blokes from Hay who play in the Golden Rivers league travel every second week, nothing under 2 hrs....

Now I've got Bright off my chest your guys were fantastic on Sat Bunyip, their running and tenacity at the ball was great. Numbers around the fall of the ball and run off HB was good..Dakker would have to be happy. Was looking forward to a couple of froffies after but everyone was gone, wasn't aware you guys had your ball. Not sure what you thought about the hat wearers but there were blokes on both sides injured whlie having their head over the footy...Not good...

If the Easter sat reason is behind their leaving then I would say "that's crap"...I believe your own club was one that "accomodated" Bright by playing up there on easter sat in recent years ....and refused to do it again for "financial reasons".....Not having a go at Greta in anyway but why should clubs go out of their way to make money for other clubs if it's not reciprical....Apparently some years back we asked for a good friday game, which was flatly refused by the board....did we take our ball and go home, no we just got on with it....Oh and what happened this year, gee whiz all of a sudden it's ok to play on good Friday...

If travel is their beef then they need to look outside the area and check out how far the blokes from Hay who play in the Golden Rivers league travel every second week, nothing under 2 hrs....

Now I've got Bright off my chest your guys were fantastic on Sat Bunyip, their running and tenacity at the ball was great. Numbers around the fall of the ball and run off HB was good..Dakker would have to be happy. Was looking forward to a couple of froffies after but everyone was gone, wasn't aware you guys had your ball. Not sure what you thought about the hat wearers but there were blokes on both sides injured whlie having their head over the footy...Not good...
wasn't the cap wearer slim, also heard blacks may be on the move apparently not happy with 3rds comp

Slim, you've actually helped my argument. That a club can even consider paying another to play at Easter suggests to me there's a lot of money in it for Bright that time of year. You might be right, it could be "crap" but I'll put it out there anyway because I reckon there's a whiff of payback still lingering. In so far as Greta goes, yes we did it until 2010 when Bright cried poor & didn't pay up. Our club let it ride. Furthermore, not sure why they had a slow start this year but it's common knowledge Bright generally have a better team earlier in the year. Clubs have come away from Bright early in the season with tails between their legs.

Was unaware that any club had ever approached the league for a Good Friday game.:confused: Thought your blokes had a real crack on Saturday. But after letting Moyhu off the hook I reckon our guys really had had enough & were more determined than ever to get over the line. On the whole, maybe 6/10 for the hat wearers. Saw the best hip & shoulder delivered this year late in the 3rd & the result was a free kick, then a fifty & a goal. Very bemusing.

Webby chopped us up in the middle & seemed no matter what we did he got the pill, probably 40+ times. Deservedly BOG.

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back