Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

With finals just around the corner,did hear that the games down at richmond might be changed to north hobart.
Did hear that the Richmond FC dont want the finals moved, but how can you not use N/H (home of football)if it was there to use.
Any comments what do you think?

With finals just around the corner,did hear that the games down at richmond might be changed to north hobart.
Did hear that the Richmond FC dont want the finals moved, but how can you not use N/H (home of football)if it was there to use.
Any comments what do you think?

I haven't heard that. The problem being if that was the case, all four games could not be played on one day at N.H.
Of course Richmond wouldn't want it moved. Its a massive home advantage for them.
It is the second best ground behind North Hobart, so if the semi were to be played at North Hobart the other game should probably be at Richmond.
I'm pretty sure the first week of finals would stay at Richmond and then the next two weeks of finals at North Hobart.
Geez I dragged that out.....

I haven't heard that. The problem being if that was the case, all four games could not be played on one day at N.H.
Of course Richmond wouldn't want it moved. Its a massive home advantage for them.
It is the second best ground behind North Hobart, so if the semi were to be played at North Hobart the other game should probably be at Richmond.
I'm pretty sure the first week of finals would stay at Richmond and then the next two weeks of finals at North Hobart.
Geez I dragged that out.....

In that case it would most likely be the following games:

Semi Final 1: North Hobart
Hutchins V University (seniors)
University v Hutchins (reserves)

Semi Final 2: Richmond
St Virgils v Richmond (seniors)
St Virgils V Dosa or Richmond (reserves)

so of course Richmond won't want it moved, but why should they get home game if they finish forth in both grades, should be played at the bike track in that case.

Pretty even top four this year, any team could win!

In that case it would most likely be the following games:

Semi Final 1: North Hobart
Hutchins V University (seniors)
University v Hutchins (reserves)

Semi Final 2: Richmond
St Virgils v Richmond (seniors)
St Virgils V Dosa or Richmond (reserves)

so of course Richmond won't want it moved, but why should they get home game if they finish forth in both grades, should be played at the bike track in that case.

Pretty even top four this year, any team could win!

No team reserves or seniors should have to play a night game for the finals. The lights are crap.

The only advantage of playing all the first week finals at one venue is if you have both grades in different finals, you dont spread your volunteers, trainers and supporters across two grounds.Not that it looks like that is going to happen this year.

I went to the OHA website to see this 'team of the decade'. For what it's worth, here it is:

B Craig Grace (VC), Warwick Dawson, Matthew McDermott
HB Michael Bannister (Capt), Dan Ryan (VC), Callum Garvey
C Ashley Banks, Scott McCallum (Coach), Stephen Cox
HF Craig Unsworth, Andrew Johnstone, Brad Marsland
F John Klug, Sam Bowering, Stuart Probert
R Paul Sheen, Matthew Heffernan, Trent Moore
Int Steven Byers / Heath Jamieson / Tim Scott / Mathew Zukauskas

What is the point of a team of the decade? Is it a longstanding tradition or did they just come up with it for the sake of a function? I mean - well done to those named - I'm sure they all played well, but didn't they only win one flag in that ten years? What was the selection criteria? Was it just ability or did number of games count? I don't really get it...

I went to the OHA website to see this 'team of the decade'. For what it's worth, here it is:

What is the point of a team of the decade? Is it a longstanding tradition or did they just come up with it for the sake of a function? I mean - well done to those named - I'm sure they all played well, but didn't they only win one flag in that ten years? What was the selection criteria? Was it just ability or did number of games count? I don't really get it...

The purpose of the Team of the Decade was probably more so a player reunion and to get players back together that played over period.

What’s only winning 1 flag got to do with naming a team of the decade?

Had to have played at least 20 games over the period to qualify.

Was a cracking night and to be honest I don’t think anyone there was too worried about who made the side it was more so a night for the older fellas to have a skinful.

Well, you clearly put a lot of thought into that post...

Perhaps St Kilda should have skipped a team of the century based on the equation of winning one flag in 100 years? :rolleyes:

OF COURSE it was predominantly a fundraiser and an excuse to get together, but I have to admit, that is a fair collection of footballers.

I'm more surprised that other clubs haven't done the same.

Some pretty interesting results on the weekend. The last 3 rounds are going to be VERY interesting

Some interesting results?? Would of thought only 1 interesting result in that Richmond easily beat Hutchins who have been on the up for a while now (they were due to lose 1 at some stage) St Virgils beating OHA was no surprise and Uni beating channel was a given too. Will be a great finals series i reckon.....:thumbsu:

Some interesting results?? Would of thought only 1 interesting result in that Richmond easily beat Hutchins who have been on the up for a while now (they were due to lose 1 at some stage) St Virgils beating OHA was no surprise and Uni beating channel was a given too. Will be a great finals series i reckon.....:thumbsu:

I don't see how the other two results aren't interesting. The reserves results the same.

Both ladders are pretty similar now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post Batchelor Beileski
Burgess Bouman Gilmour
James Collis Lietch
Jury Harvey Barwin
reeve Burdon Reeves

Dickson Harris Britton

Daft Maguire penwright wiggins

May have missed a couple,but i'm happy to get the ball rolling .

Blokes like Lorkin,Beams have missed a bit of footy But if fit would probably be in.

I went for two ruckman which probably isnt really needed.

Ok bring on the abuse:)

This from mid season

Top four teams in each grade seem to have been sorted out now. The twos ladder could change a bit however. It's good that these top four teams are in both seniors and reserves, will show the depth of clubs. Also nice to know that reserves grade will not be made up of senior blokes that have been dropped back to qualifly for finals.
It also looks like most teams are over the worst of injuries, should be set up for a good final series. Any team in the four could win it on any given day.
Whats peoples thoughts of flag favourtism five weeks out.??

This from mid season

Batchelor and Post unsure bout team of the year given the amount of time they've been out injured... But who's a better Full Back?

I'd like to say that I think HARRIS (Hutchins) should get Coach of the year whether Hutchins finish 2nd or 1st. I know they normally give coach of the year to the team that finishes on top BUT I honestly think HARRIS should be coach of the year. This given Hutchins performance to get in the top 2 without any major recruits, mainly the same crop that they had from last year (finished 5th). HARRIS has been able to get great results from an average team. If you look at their side on paper compared to other sides you wouldn't give them much of a chance.
Besides Leitch and Harris who else are their big name or known players??
Look at
Uni - Beams, Gilmour, James, Beilski, Burgess, Mazey etc..
St.V - Burdon, Britton, Parker
Richmond - Cato, Barwin, Daft, Wiggins, Reeve
Dosa - Penright, Harvey,
OHA - Ben and Brodie Langford, Jury, Bowering, Rogers

Basically given the cattle he has to work with I think he's done the best job. Could any other Senior coach from the Comp have done that with the Hutchins side if you took Harris out?

Basically given the cattle he has to work with I think he's done the best job. Could any other Senior coach from the Comp have done that with the Hutchins side if you took Harris out?[/quote]

Whoopy Do Arigold. They have just had a really good run with injuries and their confidence is up, No recruits you say.... Jack Boon ?.. At the end of the day they will go out in straight sets.

Hutchins will play Uni in the first final.. Uni win
Richmond will play the saints in the 2nd final - Richmond wins ending the saints season.

Hutchins then play richmond. Richmond winning ending Hutchins season.

Uni to play Richmond in the grand Final. Either team could win on their day.

top four teams in each grade seem to have been sorted out now. The twos ladder could change a bit however. It's good that these top four teams are in both seniors and reserves, will show the depth of clubs. Also nice to know that reserves grade will not be made up of senior blokes that have been dropped back to qualifly for finals.
It also looks like most teams are over the worst of injuries, should be set up for a good final series. Any team in the four could win it on any given day.
Whats peoples thoughts of flag favourtism five weeks out.??
ladder order not settled yet, richmond have the best percentage in the comp, they beat st virgils this week and hutchins beat uni, then the last round richmond v uni , winner gets second, even though i have a foot in the richmond camp, geez i reckon they will give it a real shake again.

ladder order not settled yet, richmond have the best percentage in the comp, they beat st virgils this week and hutchins beat uni, then the last round richmond v uni , winner gets second, even though i have a foot in the richmond camp, geez i reckon they will give it a real shake again.

Uni Play OHA this week champ then Richmond. Not Hutchins. My bet would be that if Uni win this weekend they may decide to rest a few sore players against Richmond in the last round. Should be a good finals series.

Mate hate to shoot u down again but i think u will find uni has the best percentage at the moment(sporting pulse) uni 136 : rich 133.

Whoopy Do Arigold. They have just had a really good run with injuries and their confidence is up, No recruits you say.... Jack Boon ?.. At the end of the day they will go out in straight sets.

Hutchins will play Uni in the first final.. Uni win
Richmond will play the saints in the 2nd final - Richmond wins ending the saints season.

Hutchins then play richmond. Richmond winning ending Hutchins season.

Uni to play Richmond in the grand Final. Either team could win on their day.[/quote]

Jack Boon not that good/impressive this year. If he had a different name would you notice him?
Yes Hutchins may go out in straight sets in the "FINALS" but the TEAM OF THE YEAR is based on the roster games and Harris has done a great job with that squad during that roster period... whether its luck (as you say) or hard work they've finished top 2..

If UNI can beat Hutchins in the 2nd semi (which will the first time they'll beat them in 2010) they'll win the Premiership..

Things are set up for a finals series that could go anyway.
Richmond, whilst having the advantage of a "home" final also have a tough road to the finals.

I think a few people were under estimating St Virgils premiership chances when they have a full list. They looked good on the weekend.
Much tougher game when They have a return to Richmond down there in a couple of weeks.

Hutchins were looked as though they were pretty clinical against DOSA. Although from looking at DOSA's best and goal kickers they had a few players that normally play reserves (?)

The OHA vs. uni game looked as though it was a slog. OHA have improved in the second half of the season, they have pushed a lot of teams without finishing the job.

Uni Play OHA this week champ then Richmond. Not Hutchins. My bet would be that if Uni win this weekend they may decide to rest a few sore players against Richmond in the last round. Should be a good finals series.

seems they may have rested a few on the weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back