Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things are set up for a finals series that could go anyway.
Richmond, whilst having the advantage of a "home" final also have a tough road to the finals.

I think a few people were under estimating St Virgils premiership chances when they have a full list. They looked good on the weekend.
Much tougher game when They have a return to Richmond down there in a couple of weeks.

Hutchins were looked as though they were pretty clinical against DOSA. Although from looking at DOSA's best and goal kickers they had a few players that normally play reserves (?)

The OHA vs. uni game looked as though it was a slog. OHA have improved in the second half of the season, they have pushed a lot of teams without finishing the job.

Hutchins - DOSA game was an odd one. Was actually close until probablt 10 mins into the final quarter. Hutchins wouldnt have led by more than 20 - 25 points all day. Actually seemed as if DOSA played the beeter footy, just couldnt finish in front of goal. As for the bests/goalkickers, someone messed it up as all those named did play ressies that day. So yeah, just a housekeeping error. Having said that, DOSA were horifically down on numbers in both grades.

Whats the predictions on the finals "gala" day??

Will Uni's decision to rest players last week, pay off against Hutchins? I'm tipping Uni by a couple of goals. Similar result in the twos.

Saints vs. Richmond....Yes, I'm a OVA man, and yes I think we have the teams to end their season. But it's going to be very tough with a vocal home crowd, and a shit house weather forecast!!

Going to be a cracking finals series. Can't remember a year when the comp. is so tight.

Results today of finals week 1 -

SENIORS;
Hutchins beat Uni by 8 goals
St Virgils beat Richomnd by 2-3 goals
RESERVES;
Hutchins beat Uni by 8 points
St Virgils v Richmond ????

I played in game four of the day....
Wetter conditions I can't remember. Thank god it was played at a ground that can handle a bit of rain. If it was played at New Town, Queenborough or uni Blokes would have drowned. In saying that, there were areas in the middle 30-40cm deep.
With a bit of luck the weather will be kinder for the games next week at North Hobart. Should be a couple of tight contests.

Was told that Cameron Burgess won the Leagues Senior B&F
Will Owen (i think thats his name) won the Leagues Reserves B&F
Coach of year was HARRIS (Hutchins)

Cant recall the exact positions for the team of the year, only one I can remember was the full forward line which was Reeve (Uni) Burdon (StV) Reeves (rich).

Players that were in it were -
Channel - S Bowerman
OHA - Ben Langford & N Skeggs
DOSA - Penright & Harvey
Richmond - Barwin, Daft, Wiggins, Cato(?)
StV - Britten, Burden, Dickson
Uni - Burgess, Gilmour, Mazey
Hutchins - Harris, Leitch, Nichols

Can remember who else they siad...

Uni should probably win on Saturday, but they really depends on who's playing for St Virgils as they've still got injury problems.

Was told that Cameron Burgess won the Leagues Senior B&F
Will Owen (i think thats his name) won the Leagues Reserves B&F
Coach of year was HARRIS (Hutchins)

Cant recall the exact positions for the team of the year, only one I can remember was the full forward line which was Reeve (Uni) Burdon (StV) Reeves (rich).

Players that were in it were -
Channel - S Bowerman
OHA - Ben Langford & N Skeggs
DOSA - Penright & Harvey
Richmond - Barwin, Daft, Wiggins, Cato(?)
StV - Britten, Burden, Dickson
Uni - Burgess, Gilmour, Mazey
Hutchins - Harris, Leitch, Nichols

Can remember who else they siad...

Uni should probably win on Saturday, but they really depends on who's playing for St Virgils as they've still got injury problems.

http://www.theosfa.com/

All those details (much more accurately) can be found on the above site.

Saints are pretty much at full strength, as they have been for the past couple of weeks. Should be a very close couple of games.
It will depend on how uni bounces back from losing their past couple of games. Saints have won their last five, so may have a bit more momentum. Uni have had the wood on them in the last couple of encounters. Too close to pick.

http://www.theosfa.com/

All those details (much more accurately) can be found on the above site.

Saints are pretty much at full strength, as they have been for the past couple of weeks. Should be a very close couple of games.
It will depend on how uni bounces back from losing their past couple of games. Saints have won their last five, so may have a bit more momentum. Uni have had the wood on them in the last couple of encounters. Too close to pick.

Uni by 40 - 60 points. Gilmour to bag 6, Hogan 4, Beams 3..........???????
Britten to not have an influence, Burdon to kick 5.:footy:

bad luck Uni, another choke, the money must run out soon.
Maybe try building a team instead of buying a team.

bad luck Uni, another choke, the money must run out soon.
Maybe try building a team instead of buying a team.

Top call footy11.

St Virgils have been the team who has consistently played by the rules (money wise) for the past few years. Sure they ended up with a couple of wooden spoons but are now playing in their second consecutive grand final. Goes to show HOW you build a footy club - having people there who WANT to be there, not people who are there to pick up their pay check.

Footy11 and Officer Swanson, I couldn't agree with you more. And what kind of culture are you fostering when you bring in a player who bench coaches a team in another comp and can only play a handful of games. Yes he is a good player but at what cost to the club culture. I'd be really pissed if it was me who got dropped to make way for him today. Its all academic now anyway...Uni out, Saints in and aren't they going to smash those Beans next week! C'mon Sainters!

Uni by 40 - 60 points. Gilmour to bag 6, Hogan 4, Beams 3..........???????
Britten to not have an influence, Burdon to kick 5.:footy:
what a joke you chokers, sucked in big names big money and f///,. all to show for it, you got what you deserved two years running, maybe FEV will be available next year LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what a joke you chokers, sucked in big names big money and f///,. all to show for it, you got what you deserved two years running, maybe FEV will be available next year LOL

Fair call boys... need a few more hard nuts. As for money.. all clubs do it Especially Richmond. Well done Saints.

In breaking news Uni to petition OSFA board in coming days in attempt to have salary cap upped to $200k for season 2011. Expect Devine, Hall etc from North Hobart to be targetted, with sneaky chance they will get Aker and Fev. With all these additions a grand final appearance may just be within their reach:p:rolleyes:

In breaking news Uni to petition OSFA board in coming days in attempt to have salary cap upped to $200k for season 2011. Expect Devine, Hall etc from North Hobart to be targetted, with sneaky chance they will get Aker and Fev. With all these additions a grand final appearance may just be within their reach:p:rolleyes:

All you di*kheads have no idea how the uni footy club operates.. Stop talking absolute shit! goodluck to both hutchins and the saints this week, both clubs deserve their grand final spot.. don't EVER slag off a club if your not personally involved in the inside running of that club, otherwise you just look like a wan*er!!!

All you di*kheads have no idea how the uni footy club operates.. Stop talking absolute shit! goodluck to both hutchins and the saints this week, both clubs deserve their grand final spot.. don't EVER slag off a club if your not personally involved in the inside running of that club, otherwise you just look like a wan*er!!!
Priceless reaction, not even you guys could buy it:thumbsu:

Tell us ********s who your three payed players are.

Thing is nobody is going to sympathetic to your cause!

Uni have obviously been bank rolled whether that being through offering jobs to players or actually paying them its ridiculous to suggest otherwise!

At the end of the day you still have 5-10 nobodies running around and the top 5 players are just there cause its their retirement package!

By the way it was good to see doughnuts Beams get a touch in a final.. :D

I couldn't agree with you more. And what kind of culture are you fostering when you bring in a player who bench coaches a team in another comp and can only play a handful of games

who would this player be

Bear Robinson

Uni were fully aware of the commitments that Bear has with Clarence, by allowing Bear to play he brings with him the knowledge and experience he is gaining at Clarence as assistant coach!

Ben Beams nearly won the prelim off his own boot, he kicked goals on saturday you pay good money to see in the AFL, not bad for a bloke running around on one leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back