Old Scholars - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Ben Beams nearly won the prelim off his own boot'
I guess the choice word here is 'nearly' - just like uni nearly made it last year too

All you di*kheads have no idea how the uni footy club operates.. Stop talking absolute shit! goodluck to both hutchins and the saints this week, both clubs deserve their grand final spot.. don't EVER slag off a club if your not personally involved in the inside running of that club, otherwise you just look like a wan*er!!!

Does that mean it's okay to bag out your own club if you're "personally involved in the inside running of that club"???

BAZINGA!

Uni have been the joke of the competition for two consecutive years now....the most expensive also-rans in OSFA history. Keep up the good work!

Fairly similar to DOSA in mid to late 2000's with DOSA losing 4 Grand Finals after dominating the roster season

That is in no way similar....DOSA didn't spend a fortune to under achieve, Uni did.

What a load of crap and such a dic*head of a statement. I know for a fact DOSA did during that time. Just like Uni have and Richmond continue to do so. By the way a couple of other clubs are very good at paying under the table as well. Who gives a f**k, all clubs have been guilty of it from one time or another. DOSA also were paying more than 3 players this year and could not even make the finals. w***er.

What a load of crap and such a dic*head of a statement. I know for a fact DOSA did during that time. Just like Uni have and Richmond continue to do so. By the way a couple of other clubs are very good at paying under the table as well. Who gives a f**k, all clubs have been guilty of it from one time or another. DOSA also were paying more than 3 players this year and could not even make the finals. w***er.

Bwahahahahaha...you think DOSA spent as much during their strong period as Uni have in the last 2 years? :D You are seriously deluded. I didn't ever say that other clubs don't spend money or pay more than 3 players, but no other club has spent anywhere near what Uni have. Enjoy your prize for third...again...oh, that's right, there isn't one! :rolleyes:

Hey guys, I think we could all agree that all clubs pay under the table so its nearly a non issue to be honest. Uni pay a crap load and if Dosa, Richmond, St Virgils etc could afford to they would aswell.

What do you all think about Cygnet and Claremonts attempt to join the Old Scholars? I dont think it would be good for the league on any level in the near future to admit any more than 1 team. It seems like the Old Scholars have a pretty stable league at the minute and shouldn't toy with it too much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys, I think we could all agree that all clubs pay under the table so its nearly a non issue to be honest. Uni pay a crap load and if Dosa, Richmond, St Virgils etc could afford to they would aswell.

What do you all think about Cygnet and Claremonts attempt to join the Old Scholars? I dont think it would be good for the league on any level in the near future to admit any more than 1 team. It seems like the Old Scholars have a pretty stable league at the minute and shouldn't toy with it too much.

Lauderdale and Hobart have also tried to enter sides in the league.

One more team in may be handy, if only to avoid the bye. I honestly beleive the OS league is tracking very nicely, and within a few years will be up thee with the best leagues in the state.

The abolition of the statewide ressies will mean that players from TSL clubs will dilute into the Old Scholars and make it stronger. Teams will then attempt to keep up with the joneses, resulting in an overall stronger league.

Next year will be interesting. I think 2011 is the year when the Old Scholars steps it up a gear. We've seen the cash that uni splash around, and the names they get. I wouldnt be surprised if some other clubs started to land some big names also.

There will be no fear in spending a lot of coin.

From a players perspective, travelling all the way to Cygnet does not appeal and I don't think Claremont really suit our type of comp?
On the other hand, Lauderdale and Hobart would be welcome additions and perhaps raise the bar a bit in my opinion :)

Regardless of how much coin is spent on players it can only help boost the interest and well being of the OSFA, so if the money's there, spend it!:D

Well done to Hutchins this year too. As someone posted earlier this year, Harris did a great job building a team from the ground up. Tough opponent and great coach.

At the end of the day we want a strong competition! :footy::footy::footy:

surely those running the old scholars won't admit any new club, that will cause excess travel,that will be the downfall in attracting new players to the comp. Word is richmond have appointed Ben Cato as playing coach for 2011 ???

so far this is what i have heard for coaching positions, can anyone fill in the gaps for senior,assistants and reserve jobs.

Richmond Cato
Oha whitelaw
Dosa Lamont
Hutchins Harriss
St Virgils Britten Burdon Post ( Res Fergusson)?
Channel ???
Uni Beams or Gilmour ?

so far this is what i have heard for coaching positions, can anyone fill in the gaps for senior,assistants and reserve jobs.

Richmond Cato
Oha Westbury
Dosa Lamont
Hutchins Harriss
St Virgils is britten taking the New Norfolk job ?
Channel ???
Uni Beams or Gilmour ?

Britten, Burdon and Post all signed on for next year about a month and a half ago. They've all enjoyed it so much they were keen to sign. Maybe Chook Rainbird from the Farne might come and join some of his old mates for a kick

Britten, Burdon and Post all signed on for next year about a month and a half ago. They've all enjoyed it so much they were keen to sign. Maybe Chook Rainbird from the Farne might come and join some of his old mates for a kick

Good sighnings,all three were excellent for the saints.Post unlucky in the finals.

Of cause fergusson has to back up again and coach saints 2's. How else is he going to be named in the best everyweek? :D

Heard of a couple of different times since the Premiership was won when the Hutchins boys failed to be gracious in victory...again. Who do you guys think you are? There is a right way and a wrong way to go about things. Yes, winning a premiership gives you bragging rights but please...try and do it with a bit more class in the future. Hopefully not the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back