Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
B.Rogers was on $2000 last year,not bad for a bloke who didnt train?
can state that manits was not on $2000 last year for dosa, he was getting paid but no where near that, and as for him being a money chaser, well, dosa offered him $3000 to go back this year and he declined to try and play in a successful team.

can state that manits was not on $2000 last year for dosa, he was getting paid but no where near that, and as for him being a money chaser, well, dosa offered him $3000 to go back this year and he declined to try and play in a successful team.

Do you know if that was in a coaching roll:confused::confused:

Who cares who gets paid what? Its just the way the game is now, lets get over it and look forward to the season starting. This is my ladder at tha end of the roster season.

OHA
RICHMOND
UNI
HUTCHINS
STVIRGILS
DOSA
CHANNEL

OHA have obviously added to their Premiership side and will be the measuring stick once again, Richmond have another strong list and play a quick running game, Uni are the dark horse could be anything on their day with the list of additions, Hutchins will be very competitive beat Huonville in a praccy game and success seems to follow their coach, St Virgils have a bit of experience and will test the top sides at times, depth will be the concern. Dosa and Channel take your pick both will struggle this year after pretty dismal practice matches that failed to show to many positives for either clubs to get excited about.

Your thoughts?

Any negatives or agreements?

Nice post Rough crew.. i think that is pretty close to the money.

Has anyone got anymore info on channel and Uni? I followed Uni for a bit last year but gee they were ordinary at times.. Is channels new coach any good? Cheers

Who cares who gets paid what? Its just the way the game is now, lets get over it and look forward to the season starting. This is my ladder at tha end of the roster season.

OHA
RICHMOND
UNI
HUTCHINS
STVIRGILS
DOSA
CHANNEL

OHA have obviously added to their Premiership side and will be the measuring stick once again, Richmond have another strong list and play a quick running game, Uni are the dark horse could be anything on their day with the list of additions, Hutchins will be very competitive beat Huonville in a praccy game and success seems to follow their coach, St Virgils have a bit of experience and will test the top sides at times, depth will be the concern. Dosa and Channel take your pick both will struggle this year after pretty dismal practice matches that failed to show to many positives for either clubs to get excited about.

Your thoughts?

Pretty close. There will be three brackets this year IMO.

Top bracket of sides battling for 1st, 2nd and 3rd: This will contain OHA, Richmond and Uni.

The second bracket will be battling for 4th. St Virgils, Hutchins and DOSA.

I think its fairly clear that Channel will take the spoon.

I think its fairly clear that Channel will take the spoon.

Hopefully not!!!

Went down for a squiz at training a couple weeks ago, there was a lot of faces that I hadn't seen before, couple of hardnut types, so they could be a dark horse this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully not!!!

Went down for a squiz at training a couple weeks ago, there was a lot of faces that I hadn't seen before, couple of hardnut types, so they could be a dark horse this year.

Oh ok. Yeah, just going by what i've heard and the general consensus. I know nothing about them tbh, and obviously havent seen them train etc. If they're looking good on the track then who knows! More power to em I say.

Im probably biased, but I dont think DOSA will finish last, and I cant see St Virgils or Hutchins taking the spoon. My tip is probably more due to process of elimination tbh!

OHA
RICHMOND
UNI
HUTCHINS
STVIRGILS
DOSA
CHANNEL

Your thoughts?

Looks close to the mark for me:thumbsu:

Bring it on cant wait:D:D:D

Oh ok. Yeah, just going by what i've heard and the general consensus. I know nothing about them tbh, and obviously havent seen them train etc. If they're looking good on the track then who knows! More power to em I say.

Im probably biased, but I dont think DOSA will finish last, and I cant see St Virgils or Hutchins taking the spoon. My tip is probably more due to process of elimination tbh!

No one likes the wooden spoon, last year was bad enough when Channel claimed it off Triabunna, But hey, you could be right again!

Should be a good first few weeks to see which teams are the ones to watch out for.

No one likes the wooden spoon, last year was bad enough when Channel claimed it off Triabunna, But hey, you could be right again!

Should be a good first few weeks to see which teams are the ones to watch out for.

Yeah can't wait to see how the first round pans out. For all the talk both +ve and -ve about Channel joining, it definately adds a new element. Uni, Channel, Saints could be anything. It only takes a few injuries to the better players in this league and the cracks start showing, really. Should be a good crowd at Queenborough for round one with Channel and at Cadburys for the 'Rogers' return. I like OHA for the flag though.

OHA
RICHMOND
UNI
HUTCHINS
STVIRGILS
DOSA
CHANNEL

Your thoughts?

I would like to see a list of GAINS and LOSSES for each side, and this would probably make it easier to predict the final outcome.

Yeah can't wait to see how the first round pans out. For all the talk both +ve and -ve about Channel joining, it definately adds a new element. Uni, Channel, Saints could be anything. It only takes a few injuries to the better players in this league and the cracks start showing, really. Should be a good crowd at Queenborough for round one with Channel and at Cadburys for the 'Rogers' return. I like OHA for the flag though.
I heard that the Rogers return may be a bit of an anticlimax as the man himself may not be playing..

Hope Rogers plays..should be a handy pick up for oha i reckon
does anyone know if beams is playing for university or just coaching?

Apparently Beams has been cleared from Myrtleford to Uni. Not sure weather or not this means he is playing, but seems strange they would go to the trouble if he is not.

Also heard Rogers wasn't going to play against Dosa. A very good source from OHA told me that he is genuinely concerned that Dosa want to punch the shit out of him and that he doesn't think he has the support of the OHA players to back him up. (apparently his lack of training attendance, strange personality and assumption of senior selection has ruffled a few feathers with the players.) Not sure how much truth to him being scared, but funny all the same.

Apparently Beams has been cleared from Myrtleford to Uni. Not sure weather or not this means he is playing, but seems strange they would go to the trouble if he is not.

Also heard Rogers wasn't going to play against Dosa. A very good source from OHA told me that he is genuinely concerned that Dosa want to punch the shit out of him and that he doesn't think he has the support of the OHA players to back him up. (apparently his lack of training attendance, strange personality and assumption of senior selection has ruffled a few feathers with the players.) Not sure how much truth to him being scared, but funny all the same.

I can tell you for a fact that no one at Dosa would be thinking of crap like that.Sure we are dissapointed that he has left and im sure he will cop a bit of verbal shit,but he still has mates at the club.
He doesn't train to often i dont think that comes as a suprise to many.

Would have thought Dosa's coaching panel last year would have been Scott Allen with Penright and Harvey as his assistants.

Rogers and Lunn would be extras getting paid last season.

Hey GB i know you have been around awhile and i was just wondering if you could pick the best players you played with at the ships? With last years players and a heap of great players from your time there i reckon you would come up with a pretty good side.

Total and utter crap - has been well received at OHA and will be playing next week and is right to go.

No doubt he will cop a bit from the Dosa boys but that is to be expected saying he is scared is laughable!

Making stuff like this up only makes you come across as a dic*head!

Hey GB i know you have been around awhile and i was just wondering if you could pick the best players you played with at the ships? With last years players and a heap of great players from your time there i reckon you would come up with a pretty good side.

will have a think and get back to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back