Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I best get back on to footy talk then - got told by the same source that a DOSA club great fears this season they could be like "the Uni of last year"! The club great also was quoted as saying there were only about 25 players on the books as of a few weeks ago.

Was also told by another DOSA source that one key player after watching Uni wallop Claremont last Sunday thinks the Rainbows are clearly inferior to OHA and Richmond.

Will be interesting to see how things pan out!"

Youv lost me Barge. Are you trying to say that OHA and Richmond will be better than Uni or vice a versa?

I dont see what the big deal is, I understood what you meant Barge. I didn't think it was that complicated. It has been said on here a fair bit that Claremont weren't going to be much..

Slug,

Firstly, I wasn't putting forward my opinion on anything, more so relaying what I'd been told by others. Being the highly intelligent football observer you are I thought you'd have realised that.

Just for you I'll clear this up - DOSA Person A thinks DOSA may struggle to such an extent that they could well be to Season 2009 what Uni were to Season 2008.

DOSA Person B felt even though Uni from all reports thrashed Claremont, that from what he saw that they will still not be able to match it with OHA and Richmond.

Should this still not be straightforward to you, then feel free to send an email to Channel 9 and I will address your concerns on either Footy Classified or the Footy Show.

Regards
Hutchy.

Who come to think of it Wilbur35 - has a similar hairline to your good self.

Craig Hutchison that is - just in case you're a half wit like other posters on here and wasn't clear who I was referring to.

Ha Ha Barge... A:You know nothing about football.. u just relay msgs from other people... And B: Mate stick with Claremont - They need your help champ - Pull the boots on.

Ha Ha Barge... A:You know nothing about football.. u just relay msgs from other people... And B: Mate stick with Claremont - They need your help champ - Pull the boots on.
i think barge raises some good and probaly true points,but dont go riding dosa off just yet,at least dosa players play 4 the club and not 4 money or chaseing premierships,like every other clubs in the osfa,when all these money chasing players grab there money and piss off,dosa will be still going strong -same players -same club.as 4 what happens in peoples personal lifes should have nothink to do with this forum its oldscholars ya knob not afl,only a w***er would put that shit on here

Mate stick with Claremont - They need your help champ - Pull the boots on.

All the Old Scholars clubs should be chasing after Barge's signature with an open cheque book, or rather an open order from their canteen.

(Sorry Mr Flood, couldn't resist bringing up canteen jokes again, but then again it has been a while so humor me)

After all they do not call Barge the Shepherd King for nothing.

see sean hollick has signed up with hutchins.had a great season on the wing for premiers the RIDGLEY SAINTS in the darwin football association last season.i wish him all the best

see sean hollick has signed up with hutchins.had a great season on the wing for premiers the RIDGLEY SAINTS in the darwin football association last season.i wish him all the best

Sean has signed with OHA a few of his ex Channel mates are there.

i think barge raises some good and probaly true points,but dont go riding dosa off just yet,at least dosa players play 4 the club and not 4 money or chaseing premierships,like every other clubs in the osfa,when all these money chasing players grab there money and piss off,dosa will be still going strong -same players -same club.as 4 what happens in peoples personal lifes should have nothink to do with this forum its oldscholars ya knob not afl,only a w***er would put that shit on here

You must either be a young bloke or new to the club because Dosa would have paid there fair share of players over the past 5 years.

All the Old Scholars clubs should be chasing after Barge's signature with an open cheque book, or rather an open order from their canteen.

(Sorry Mr Flood, couldn't resist bringing up canteen jokes again, but then again it has been a while so humor me)

After all they do not call Barge the Shepherd King for nothing.

No club could afford to give Barge an open order on their canteen!!

Have to agree with the last bit there Oldscholar. Things are getting a bit loose on here. A bit personal. A bit random. Liked it better on here when it was JUST footy talk.

Have to agree with the last bit there Oldscholar. Things are getting a bit loose on here. A bit personal. A bit random. Liked it better on here when it was JUST footy talk.

Finley if you can't handle a bit of banter and your as soft as DOSA was against Claremont last weekend, don't jump on this page. It's all in good fun !

You must either be a young bloke or new to the club because Dosa would have paid there fair share of players over the past 5 years.
thats were your wrong all they eva payed is coaches and at the most is 1 player and thats a fact,name 1 player other than rogers that would warrant getting payed,none.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you know this how?? You are merely speculating GB. I suppose OHA are only paying 3 players again this year like they did in '08:rolleyes:
Archer, Rogers(who we both know is and always will be a money chaser) and the 3 or 4 other guns you have picked up are just playing for the love of the game are they? All clubs would do it if they could afford to, i'm just worried about the competition in the long term.
Richmond and Channel have whole communities behind them and Uni has their sugar daddy. Also Hutchins will find the money if need be. When OHA's present success fades the cash may dry up and the Saints and Roosters run pretty tight ships as it is if my info is correct. It would be sad to see foundation clubs die because money rules, it's not what our comp is about:(

thats were your wrong all they eva payed is coaches and at the most is 1 player and thats a fact,name 1 player other than rogers that would warrant getting payed,none.

So they have only ever paid coaches and 1 player. Is this the past 5 years or does this go back longer? Having been around the osfa for 15 years I would find this very hard to believe but I could be wrong. Over the years they have enticed some good players up there and when they have won flags they had alot of good players around. I dont disagree with the fact they dont have too many they warrant getting paid now but they have done, it wasn't too long ago they got a few new norfolk players down who Would not go anywhere without getting coin.

So is it only the case that they dont have the money to offer some good players to go up there?

And you know this how?? You are merely speculating GB. I suppose OHA are only paying 3 players again this year like they did in '08:rolleyes:
Archer, Rogers(who we both know is and always will be a money chaser) and the 3 or 4 other guns you have picked up are just playing for the love of the game are they? All clubs would do it if they could afford to, i'm just worried about the competition in the long term.
Richmond and Channel have whole communities behind them and Uni has their sugar daddy. Also Hutchins will find the money if need be. When OHA's present success fades the cash may dry up and the Saints and Roosters run pretty tight ships as it is if my info is correct. It would be sad to see foundation clubs die because money rules, it's not what our comp is about:(

I agree with everything you have said here, but if clubs are so worried about money stuffing up the comp then why did they all vote channel in who although not in the last few years but were renound for chucking cash about and im betting will again??

Finley if you can't handle a bit of banter and your as soft as DOSA was against Claremont last weekend, don't jump on this page. It's all in good fun !

Wow. Didn't see DOSA play last weekend, couldn't compare. Was in Melb. at Bar 20. But, there's a difference however between banter and abuse! That's all I'm saying.

Some of the players who have moved to the O.S.F.A have done so because there are not the demands to train 2 to3 nights a week and recovery sessions on sunday. The new Statewide league, and the SFL all require players to give more time to training,this is too much for a lot of players, I dont believe money is the main reason for choosing O.S.F.A. Clubs.

I agree with everything you have said here, but if clubs are so worried about money stuffing up the comp then why did they all vote channel in who although not in the last few years but were renound for chucking cash about and im betting will again??
I can't fathom it either to be honest, maybe there was a little cash incentive dished out to each club from the old scholars board themselves? I think we both may find that if the vote was taken by all the players in the competition instead of committee members, there may of been a different result. Here's hoping all teams survive in the short and more importantly long term, we have a great comp hope it's not screwed up:thumbsu:

Some of the players who have moved to the O.S.F.A have done so because there are not the demands to train 2 to3 nights a week and recovery sessions on sunday. The new Statewide league, and the SFL all require players to give more time to training,this is too much for a lot of players, I dont believe money is the main reason for choosing O.S.F.A. Clubs.

Spot on Old Lion:thumbsu::thumbsu:
And the clubs who have been proactive and not sat on thier hands, and yes have offered some money (not as much as the shit that gets talked about) get bagged for trying to better there club.

Speculating yes just as you and many others on here are about players being paid at OHA. Last season OHA picked up a number of good quality players in there early 30's who had decided to step down from the higher level and play with friends, you'd be very surprised as to the players who could get cash but played with friends and for success (and we did win a flag). - having a high profile coach such as Scott McCallum also helped the club attract players.

Rogers approached OHA not the other way around and sighted his reason for leaving Dosa as to play in a premiership money was never part of it.

Being involved in the committee OHA also runs a very tight ship and haven't dished out all this money that some may think.

But I do agree clubs are increasingly being put under pressure to pay players to compete with the richer/well supported clubs in the Old Scholars.

Speculating yes just as you and many others on here are about players being paid at OHA. Last season OHA picked up a number of good quality players in there early 30's who had decided to step down from the higher level and play with friends, you'd be very surprised as to the players who could get cash but played with friends and for success (and we did win a flag). - having a high profile coach such as Scott McCallum also helped the club attract players.

Rogers approached OHA not the other way around and sighted his reason for leaving Dosa as to play in a premiership money was never part of it.

Being involved in the committee OHA also runs a very tight ship and haven't dished out all this money that some may think.

But I do agree clubs are increasingly being put under pressure to pay players to compete with the richer/well supported clubs in the Old Scholars.
I'm fully aware that Mantis approached you guys and also the reason why(must be on something this year surely?). Massive loss on field obviously, wonder how many training runs he will attend for you guys though. We only ever saw him match day:p

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying i think OHA paid heaps of players last year and with respect to the coach, many of them would of went there just to play with him. Just thought i saw the 3 coaches named in the old scholars guide for '08 and they are the ones that get paid yeah?? The guy who snags a few in the forward line, was he one of them? If not all i'm saying is you may of snuck one in, just like most if not all clubs.

You guys were the best team all year easily last season, i never disputed that. Fully deserved and BIG chance for another, better than Hutchins or Richmond winning it:p;)

So they have only ever paid coaches and 1 player. Is this the past 5 years or does this go back longer? Having been around the osfa for 15 years I would find this very hard to believe but I could be wrong. Over the years they have enticed some good players up there and when they have won flags they had alot of good players around. I dont disagree with the fact they dont have too many they warrant getting paid now but they have done, it wasn't too long ago they got a few new norfolk players down who Would not go anywhere without getting coin.

So is it only the case that they dont have the money to offer some good players to go up there?
name the newnorfolk players not one got payed unles he was a assistant coach,as 4 the most recent flags,94/95/99 0r 2000 not sure which 1,only one player and coaches got payed in those grandfinals,and 4 this year only coaches would be getting payed,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back