Old Scholars

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How irrelevant is the term "last year's wooden spooners" when talking about Uni who are clearly a different team?

Mantis slow? If that's the case I'm glad you never saw footyguard play! :D

Barge saw in the paper this morning M Williams named BOG for OHA Reserves yesterday - was that Mark Williams who played for them way back in the 90's? Good player in his day, last time I saw him though he would have to be 40 years old. Not good signs for those youngsters up there at DOSA if they're getting shown up by an old man like him!

For the 10 players you mentioned to come in to the side Rowie, which 10 will miss out?

Is Darren McConnon playing this year?

How irrelevant is the term "last year's wooden spooners" when talking about Uni who are clearly a different team?

For the 10 players you mentioned to come in to the side Rowie, which 10 will miss out?

You're right, it is irrelevant. Realised that when I posted but CBF editing it :p. Still, OHA are easily the benchmark for mine and I beleive they are a 30-40 point better side than Uni.

I honestly dont know. I wont name the names of players who I think will go back to the ressies, cos I dont want to ruffle any feathers!

Rocket has been training and is playing as far as I know. As to what level, im honestly not sure.

Barge saw in the paper this morning M Williams named BOG for OHA Reserves yesterday - was that Mark Williams who played for them way back in the 90's? Good player in his day, last time I saw him though he would have to be 40 years old. Not good signs for those youngsters up there at DOSA if they're getting shown up by an old man like him!

Wasn't the fastest but could run backwards quicker than you running forward big barge.

Yes M Williams is the ranger you know and looks as fit and trim as i have ever seen him, played a really good game, lets hope the strings can hold out for more than 2 games in a row.

Wasn't the fastest but could run backwards quicker than you running forward big barge.

Yes M Williams is the ranger you know and looks as fit and trim as i have ever seen him, played a really good game, lets hope the strings can hold out for more than 2 games in a row.

Barge Sportsbet is offering $1.05 they go at training during the week.

Williams is the Jared Crouch of OHA Football Club!

na getting cold because the ball was down the other end a lot nealy 60 shots on goal to 20, seems the green eyed monster has sprung up here, why else are you so concerned about how these 2 went, and for the record i also thought both did ok,. Its sometimes hard to get a kick when 10 other blokes in your team have the ball on a string
hmm just wondering how they got in the best players because they did not play better than the other 20 players in the side ,i wonder

hmm just wondering how they got in the best players because they did not play better than the other 20 players in the side ,i wonder

As I previously said they could have put all the names in a hat, when you have near on 60 shots at goal its normally a good team effort.

Was just wondering as you seem so obsessed with OHA maybe you come over thursday night and have a beer at geilston bay??? its becoming an unhealthy obessesion

As I previously said they could have put all the names in a hat, when you have near on 60 shots at goal its normally a good team effort.

Was just wondering as you seem so obsessed with OHA maybe you come over thursday night and have a beer at geilston bay??? its becoming an unhealthy obessesion
nah not obsessed lol,just putting my veiws across on other peoples statements and veiws on certain players,people rap players on how good they are and realy what have these players acomplished in footy terms nothink at all.yes the said guys ive mentioned are good players but what have they got 2 show 4 it nothink,

nah not obsessed lol,just putting my veiws across on other peoples statements and veiws on certain players,people rap players on how good they are and realy what have these players acomplished in footy terms nothink at all.yes the said guys ive mentioned are good players but what have they got 2 show 4 it nothink,

I would say 90% of good footballers or any footballer have nothing to "show for it" . Plenty play without flags if thats what you mean? Its been said on here that they are good players not that they have world beaters or going to get drafted next year., Im still not really sure what point your are trying to make:confused:

What are they playing for , I would have thought enjoyment, and mateship. I wonder what you expect them to gain, some of these players have achieved the satis faction of knowing that they have done the best they can with thier level of ability, what more can they do.

haha you tosser,adam is way way passed his best,sam bowering well mantis very rarely played on him and when he did sam i would have to say mostly out played mantis,hence sam is slow and much smarter than mantis i would have 2 say.and i had mentioned b4 back 10 years ago there still was no quality fullforwards i should know i was playing back then.and yes was very aware about mantis,being looked at to go to essendon,but was 2 scared to go.and my claim 2 fame is much much more than mantis will eva have.plus as a fullforward name a quality fullback that has played on him pls do if you can.

Seem to remember a young chap by the name of Drury linning up on him a couple of seasons ago when he cut loose and also a bloke called Eagan from Hutchins, that kid is a gun but injury prone I believe. I'm not a mate on Mantis, barely an acquaintance however he seems to be a real nice bloke and has a truck load of talent. It seems to me that there are some wannabee's in the OSFA that like knocking others? lets face it OSFA footballers are in this comp for a reason? they are either not good enough to go higher, too lazy to go higher or quite happy to have a kick with their mates and the final group is a small but growing one, they are the guys who think they are better than they actually are. Which are you oldscholar? sound like the last to me

A bit of advice oldscholar, learn how to type, some of your posts are in a new language?

As for this comment, Dan Archer, what has he got to show for his years in footy, I don't know? couple premierships? possibly B n F's at Clarence? played VFL footy with the devils against AFL listed players, is very talented and a real gentleman, probably heaps of others as well. You sound bitter and past it Oldscholar, not a disgruntled ex DOSA player by chance??

seem to remember a young chap by the name of drury linning up on him a couple of seasons ago when he cut loose and also a bloke called eagan from hutchins, that kid is a gun but injury prone i believe. I'm not a mate on mantis, barely an acquaintance however he seems to be a real nice bloke and has a truck load of talent. It seems to me that there are some wannabee's in the osfa that like knocking others? Lets face it osfa footballers are in this comp for a reason? They are either not good enough to go higher, too lazy to go higher or quite happy to have a kick with their mates and the final group is a small but growing one, they are the guys who think they are better than they actually are. Which are you oldscholar? Sound like the last to me
i agree with everythink you said dosachoker,but the last one,i know im not betta than i should be lol

haha you tosser,adam is way way passed his best,sam bowering well mantis very rarely played on him and when he did sam i would have to say mostly out played mantis,hence sam is slow and much smarter than mantis i would have 2 say.and i had mentioned b4 back 10 years ago there still was no quality fullforwards i should know i was playing back then.and yes was very aware about mantis,being looked at to go to essendon,but was 2 scared to go.and my claim 2 fame is much much more than mantis will eva have.plus as a fullforward name a quality fullback that has played on him pls do if you can.

u might not no oldscholar but mantis has played on nick reiwoldt, justin koschitzke, daniel wells and he also gave lewis roberts-thompson an absolute bath in the year they all got drafted.he broke even with reiwoldt and koschitzke only kicked one on him.and they went no1 and 2 in the draft.mantis made a choice not to go to essendon and the other teams aswell.he also lined up on brad green when he was playing for northen bombers and also broke even with robbie devine which many people cant say they do.everyone knows manits has got talent its whether he uses it or not oldscholar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

u might not no oldscholar but mantis has played on nick reiwoldt, justin koschitzke, daniel wells and he also gave lewis roberts-thompson an absolute bath in the year they all got drafted.he broke even with reiwoldt and koschitzke only kicked one on him.and they went no1 and 2 in the draft.mantis made a choice not to go to essendon and the other teams aswell.he also lined up on brad green when he was playing for northen bombers and also broke even with robbie devine which many people cant say they do.everyone knows manits has got talent its whether he uses it or not oldscholar
kept devine goaless both times i played on him in early 2000,the year they got drafted,well done mantis super star,well in that case the worst mistake in his life .im jumping on the mantis band wagon 2 go mantis,he will be getting a big head reading all this haha,maybe we can call this the the big mantis footy site,

kept devine goaless both times i played on him in early 2000,the year they got drafted,well done mantis super star,well in that case the worst mistake in his life .im jumping on the mantis band wagon 2 go mantis,he will be getting a big head reading all this haha,maybe we can call this the the big mantis footy site,

Not trying to bag you out to much oldscholar but your posts are extremly hard to read and make little sense.

We all agree that Mantis has plenty of ability lets just leave it at that and move on!

Moving right along.. This week will actually look to bring around some interesting clashes with the 3 games being:
OHA Vs. Richmond
Channel Vs. DOSA
Uni Vs. Hutchins

Be interesting to hear everyones perspective on these games.. I'd suspect a much tighter round.. Can't see Richmond being able to get over OHA at home.. Both Uni and Hutchins coming off 100 point wins, will be interesting to see just how far Uni have come recruiting all those players, all of which I'm sure aren't being paid.. And hopefully we'll come good this week against Channel down at Snug Park. As unqualified as I am in commenting on this subject, I'm certain it will be a different looking DOSA team this weekend with some of the more regular senior players from last year to make a return to the side..

Moving right along.. This week will actually look to bring around some interesting clashes with the 3 games being:
OHA Vs. Richmond
Channel Vs. DOSA
Uni Vs. Hutchins

Be interesting to hear everyones perspective on these games.. I'd suspect a much tighter round.. Can't see Richmond being able to get over OHA at home.. Both Uni and Hutchins coming off 100 point wins, will be interesting to see just how far Uni have come recruiting all those players, all of which I'm sure aren't being paid.. And hopefully we'll come good this week against Channel down at Snug Park. As unqualified as I am in commenting on this subject, I'm certain it will be a different looking DOSA team this weekend with some of the more regular senior players from last year to make a return to the side..

OHA by 30ish
DOSA by 50ish
Uni by 80ish

Agreed, OHA should knock the Blues off in their first game. The loss of the Waller boys will hurt Richmond's on-ball rotations.

DOSA to register their first win at the Salmon Pen against the newcomers. Should gain 4 or 5 senior players. Apparently the whole Channel side lined up in their opposite positions at the first bounce on the weekend! (Full Forward was at full back etc). Nice way to kick off their life in the Old Scholars!

Uni to roll Hutchins pretty easily. Although, its hard to know where Hutchins are at due to the win at Channel who I know nothing about.

OHA Vs. Richmond
Channel Vs. DOSA
Uni Vs. Hutchins

Should be a intresting round with 2 of the games being quite close i would assume. You would think DOSA should do it easy over Channell but then again i havent seen the boys from Snug park play yet so should be intresting

OHA by 30ish
DOSA by 50ish
Uni by 80ish

Agreed, OHA should knock the Blues off in their first game. The loss of the Waller boys will hurt Richmond's on-ball rotations.

DOSA to register their first win at the Salmon Pen against the newcomers. Should gain 4 or 5 senior players. Apparently the whole Channel side lined up in their opposite positions at the first bounce on the weekend! (Full Forward was at full back etc). Nice way to kick off their life in the Old Scholars!

Uni to roll Hutchins pretty easily. Although, its hard to know where Hutchins are at due to the win at Channel who I know nothing about.

3 Channel seniors players are still to come back from injuries of the next few weeks not a massive differnce... but still not full strength side.

3 Channel seniors players are still to come back from injuries of the next few weeks not a massive differnce... but still not full strength side.

Looks like we have a resident Channel poster (judging by your location ;))

Whose coming back into the side mate? What was the feeling after the game against Hutchins?

Watched the saints and uni on sat. Gee uni looked quick and noticed they were very well drilled side,maybe the dark horse of the comp? We only had D.Gray(coach) out-Who was away,but there was some good signs and with a bit more fitness who knows.Dont win GF this time of year?
Did notice the last quater went for about 45 min, the umpires couldnt bounce the ball and kept calling the ball back,at one stage even called a ball-up back. Not good for senior umpires....

Clearly you are Matthew Honey oldscholar - and reading through your previous posts it is amazing that you haven't been outed earlier.

A quick scan revealed that around 75% of your previous posts were about Matthew Honey or were questions you posed hoping someone would answer with your name and massage your ego.

"Who has been the most dominant player in the OSFA for the past 10 yrs.??"

When not enough people nominated you - you changed tack a little "Who has been the most dominant forward/backline player in past 10 yrs etc"

Very, very sad.

Perhaps you are jealous that Mantis took over your mantle as the resident big fish in a little pond up there over the past few years.

Watched the saints and uni on sat. Gee uni looked quick and noticed they were very well drilled side,maybe the dark horse of the comp? We only had D.Gray(coach) out-Who was away,but there was some good signs and with a bit more fitness who knows.Dont win GF this time of year?
Did notice the last quater went for about 45 min, the umpires couldnt bounce the ball and kept calling the ball back,at one stage even called a ball-up back. Not good for senior umpires....

Wonder if Gray thinks Uni have improved now?

Hopefully a couple of cracking games this week.

Richmond coming off the bye will surely be ready for a crack at OHA despite a couple of tough outs.

Uni Hutchins have a pretty healthy rivalry and I doubt highly that the margin will be anywhere near 80 points.

As bad as Channel may be, 140 points is a fair wack. So not sure whether it tells us that the Beans are perhaps better than first thought or that Channel are just terrible?

Will be interesting to see if they can be competetive with Dosa this week.

Looks like we have a resident Channel poster (judging by your location ;))

Whose coming back into the side mate? What was the feeling after the game against Hutchins?

Yea live that down that way... I'm still playing 17's but filled in for reserves this weekend (Best on ground ;)), Jamie webster (captain last year) billy (only know his nickname :) and a new guy not sure of name... I think its gunna be another rough year for channel theres far to many people who still aren't dedicated enough on the training track.. Not to good ran out of legs by half time :(. I think we can do alot better and will get more competative as the year goes on.

clearly you are matthew honey oldscholar - and reading through your previous posts it is amazing that you haven't been outed earlier.

A quick scan revealed that around 75% of your previous posts were about matthew honey or were questions you posed hoping someone would answer with your name and massage your ego.

"who has been the most dominant player in the osfa for the past 10 yrs.??"

when not enough people nominated you - you changed tack a little "who has been the most dominant forward/backline player in past 10 yrs etc"

very, very sad.

Perhaps you are jealous that mantis took over your mantle as the resident big fish in a little pond up there over the past few years.
haha keep trying,who would be the best ruckmen over the last 15 years,lol,this is about past history,and future ,simple question,best coaches ,and best captains over the last 15 years,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back