Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s more than one coach on 100k a year down here, Reid and Johnson to name a few. Almond was on base rate and that was still $30,000. When you see names like Ellis Yoleman tossed about in co-coaching roles, it’s purely to shift dollars outside the salary cap.
Big Larry ,,
firstly thats not a few,, thats 2 ,, and have you got proof these 2 are on 100k a year or is it just rumour opinions like so many other bullshit declarations .To afford to pay this sort of money , and other coaching staff and then the players ,, your kidding me
Almond on 30k( if once again correct ),, yes I would believe that ,,
Big Larry ,, so how much is the Rovers coach on ...

Not too many O and M Clubs be splashing that cash would they
If you divide the rumours in half Johnson's package would come in above that figure, which is astronomical in the league. Wodonga and North were maxed out around 45k afew years ago. Stone was on about the same at Wang. Can't see clubs coach budgets increasing by any more then 10% or 20% since those days.

Cresswell reportedly signed a 2 year deal at South Cairns on 110k per year!
Plenty of money in Cairns especially if your club also has a 7 day a week sports club(owned by Cazalys) which South Cairns do!
Daz writes his own contracts, money is one thing but having complete control of how he wants to go about business is another. He won’t fighting the Corowa frost next winter, he’ll be basking in the sun up the top end.

Not too many O and M Clubs be splashing that cash would they
Albury could easily, Stevie j hasn't come to yarra to practice he's wake boarding on the lake. You'd think Schneider would be on good coin, where he's actually coaching and developing a side, rather than recruit. Muzza would command good money too as would reid. Broomheads proven to be worth more that what north are paying him as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pens in the ink as we speak, penning he's thoughts to aflhq, I reckon get rid of Dillon and get Geoff to run the afl
Surely there's a much more significant football role for the big fella to take on. Whack BigLarry in charge of Bendigo footy and get him to resurrect a dying heartland of the game.

If you divide the rumours in half Johnson's package would come in above that figure, which is astronomical in the league. Wodonga and North were maxed out around 45k afew years ago. Stone was on about the same at Wang. Can't see clubs coach budgets increasing by any more then 10% or 20% since those days.
Is this like your prediction at start of the year that Johnson wouldn't be coaching Yarra and would be at a SANFL club? 😉

Umpires almost got Wangaratta over the line, other than that, best game I’ve seen in a long time. Muzza playing like a man possessed, Filo bringing his own leather as usual, Fudd lit the spark in the third. I’d say just under 2000 through the gate, I’m guessing it was too cold out for the black and white army, I was thinking it might’ve hit 3000. Moore very well held, match saving tackle on Porter had the balcony almost collapse.

Rovers have got a nice fortnight to fine tune some things. Wangaratta are stuck in the pack with three weeks of gruelling football ahead, they’ll be very very sore, I’m tipping they fall out of the finals race in the next fortnight.

So can someone tell me how good of a game was it today re Rovers vs Pies ,, by the scorecard it must of been a good game ,
And was there a good crowd... any estimates ,, like 1000, 1500, 2000, etc etc
Took my kids , for them it was first game of o&m and they loved it and appreciated the high standard. Was close all day ,rovers got a goal right on half time to be 12pts down and then straight after half time 3 goals in 6 min. Crowd was ok but honestly thought there would have been more considering it was a great day and a stand alone game. No love lost between the teams as expected and quite physical at times. Best part of the day was watching the families and kids out on the ground at the breaks , lots of them. To me, Geoff wants to hope filo and Murray stay injury free.

Just seen the BM article regarding if the 2 wang teams play off in the finals other then the grand final weather it should or weather not it should be played in wang. 100% it should be in wang. I believe the OM need to revert to the same as the AFL. Higher team gets the luxury at playing at home. I know the net ball and other grades will be out of whack but it makes no sense the 2 wang teams playing outside of wang. Same if it would be 2 wodonga or 2 Albury teams.

In terms of canteen and bar, the lower teams can still cater at another venue

Just seen the BM article regarding if the 2 wang teams play off in the finals other then the grand final weather it should or weather not it should be played in wang. 100% it should be in wang. I believe the OM need to revert to the same as the AFL. Higher team gets the luxury at playing at home. I know the net ball and other grades will be out of whack but it makes no sense the 2 wang teams playing outside of wang. Same if it would be 2 wodonga or 2 Albury teams.

In terms of canteen and bar, the lower teams can still cater at another venue
They have had two games decided by 12 points and 3 points. Rovers won on Magpies ground and with less than a minute to go the Magpies were leading on the Rovers ground. Doesn’t seem like there is much of an advantage to either side. Play it in Wang.

Remove this Banner Ad

Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back