OMG (<--vent here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Omg

my comments and thoughts have little to do with tonights performance. Hunter simply isn't good enough as a CHB and i have thought that for a while. Any team with a big CHF (see Lucas) dominates us because hunter can't match up on Bigger CHF's. His work at FF is allright, but is not the longterm answer. Would rather see Notte or Brown given extended runs at FF to further their development (obviously not this season). Spangher, wilkes and probably mackenzie will be better than hunter in the coming months/years, and he simply doesn't offer what he used to.

Give him a go.

Had Hunts kicked straight he would have kicked 4 or 5 and we would have won and some people on here would be loving him calling him the next Coleman medallist.

He is a great mark, a contested mark and only a couple of years ago I remember a thread saying who would you want kicking for your life and IIRC hunters name poped up a fair bit.

I think he should be at FF for the rest of the year. I can seriously see him kicking a few bags of goals once he gets his confidence up. Frees up Lynchy to be up ground as well and then chuck in McKinley and LeCras and Wirra etc we look alright.

This is turning out to be purely a trial and error season, trying players in spots and seeing what they offer.

It sucks but its where we are at.

iam not saying we dont have a chance in Melbourne against the dons but i think our squad will have a really hard game over because of the young players not being used to traveling. Iam just don't think we should be getting to confident over this game because we nearly beat a very strong team. Just think what happened when we beat the crows then we were very confident about the pies and then we got flogged by 100points.
Conclusion is expect the worst

why being so naive

since when did i say we wont win? get your hand off your d!ck

wats wrong in pointing out lucas/lloyd/mcveigh looms danger for wce?

even though im in melb, ive been to the 2 games played in melb (doggies/pies) and watch the rest off torrents.

like kempie, why expect so much of wilkes? hes played 3 games. hes been good, but he is inexperienced..

like kerr, lloyd is due.. that doesnt mean he wont kick 3 or so goals on glass

yes you do talk like as if we're top 4, if you claim glass, bones, wilkes can do the job why the fk are we leaking so much points?

if you folow the posts, i wasnt pointing out you were arrogant, but clearly your beyond a ____head. why pay no respect for these 3 essendon players?

:rolleyes:

No clue Im afraid.

Good luck to you. :thumbsu:

At least you guys now know what it feels like to lose these close matches we've shared over the past few years. We too have been left gutted far too many times by your team following a narrow loss. It's just nice to experience this kind of win much the same way you guys would've had the game gone the other way.

Thanks guys for the amazingly competitive game! No one can say your team didn't show up to win. :thumbsu:

btw, I hope you guys now hate Hunter as much as we and the rest of the comp's supporters do! :p

At least you guys now know what it feels like to lose these close matches we've shared over the past few years. We too have been left gutted far too many times by your team following a narrow loss. It's just nice to experience this kind of win much the same way you guys would've had the game gone the other way.

Thanks guys for the amazingly competitive game! No one can say your team didn't show up to win. :thumbsu:

btw, I hope you guys now hate Hunter as much as we and the rest of the comp's supporters do! :p

Err... I know I've erased 2005 from my mind but I didn't think Swans fans would be so quick to do so.

Most of the Eagles' supporters have been great tonight, and you're usually a pretty fair poster, but I find the whole "We lost, Sydney didn't win" theory to be really disrespectful.

You know who you quoted right?

We will beat Essendon as long as we play like that.

Don't worry BM, I'll be there. I'll take care of them :cool:

Loses such esp close ones but hey the effects of the lose didnt stay for long. Got over it pretty quick one could be the season is over and two at least it was better than last week, there were some good signs, even if a bit inconsistent.

Seriously we will beat Essendon.

Jesus.
Is that the same thing Adelaide supporters would have been saying about us or how sydney were going to get a good percentage boost against us or how freo were going to hammer melbourne or how Geelong were going to smash the Pie's. On any given day in a 2 horse race everyones a chance so dont write us off and certainly dont write off the dons.

Whatever.

Anyway, Goodes got offered a reprimand to the Selwood incident.

&$)@ing _____ AFL bullshit

in other news andrew dimitriou has demanded a statue of goodes on top of a can of Chunky Soup to be put in place outside the MCG as a sign of good faith for continually to hit players and get away with it for the sake of expanding the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pathetic finish to the match
tapeim2.gif

Way to go Hunter!! Two games against the Swans this year, shamed yourself in both of them.

piss of hunter was one of our best players. took a few marks and presented hell as a forward just didnt kick straight, and as for the tackle at least he went in for it or would rather him stand back scared to give away a free kick????????? cox missed an easy goal but u all frogot about that didnt u

Gutted.

AND FOR ____S SAKE IT WAS HUNTERS FIRST ____ING GAME BACK ____ ME 2 WEEKS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE!!

____

SOMEONE said it FINALLY!! Well done! to the others who are complaining bout him.. he had no prep, was thrown back in, WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?? least Bulter had a few weeks in the WAFL, Hunter nothing, give the guy a break!

i was totally p off after we lost, to lead all but 2mins, the most important 2mins, these games really sh* me, cause really you can't blame ANYONE else but each and everyone of those players, they stuffed themselves up, no1 else!

At least with Kangas, we were competitive but kangas always really had the upper hand, so didnt annoy me as much, i was just happy we were competitive, good sign, then you have loses like collingwood, well what do you say to that, cause if they don't seem to care, why should we, its just losses like this hurt the most cause we had the win, but WE lost the win! :mad:

Those losses are very hard to take. Here's a bit more medicine though, WCE are not playing well and there's little use denying it.

In 2002, Rodney Eade's Sydney team lost 5 of their first 12 games by less than 12 points. Eade was sacked mid season despite the honourable losses and Lockett retired again.

There is a negative mind set and shallow player pool for WCE and it's only raw guts getting the Eagles close to the contests (when they're not getting thumped).

I feel for you, close losses are part of footy and close losses on your home turf have a reality cheque attached.

Those losses are very hard to take like when we lost the Grand Final by a point. Here's a bit more bullshit old news though, WCE are not playing well and there's little use denying it.

In 2002, Rodney Eade's Sydney team lost 5 of their first 12 games by less than 12 points. Eade was sacked mid season despite the honourable losses and Lockett retired again. I have no idea why I made this stupid comparison but forgive me I am Sydney fan which in Perth is rightly seen as a mental defect.

There is a negative mind set by the media and opposition trolls such as myself and a shallow player pool for Sydney which will be exposed over the next 3 years unlike WCE and it's only raw guts and talent getting the Eagles close to the contests (when they're not getting thumped).

I feel for you, close losses are part of our great rivalry where 7 out of the last 10 games have been decided by less than a goal and close losses on your home turf have a reality cheque attached. That reality is that the rivalry is still alive and that we will both be back in the finals next year.
Edit: for reality

Thought this was a vent for the Goodes verdict.
Here goes anyway,
Typical, pathetic, Sydney Sucking, anti-us, protected-species-sniper, AFL MRP crap decision, no consistantcy, no realism, unfair, unjust, BUT not really surprised at all which is probably the worst thing of the lot.
When is the media going to put a loud voice to this crap.

Sorry if its already been mentioned, but is anyone else getting frustrated with Fletchers disposals and poor decision making?

The last couple of weeks in particular i've been watching him and when he has the ball, 7 out of 10 times he hands it over...

I'm sorry man but he's starting to look like a liability... :(

just a gutting loss really.

game wasn't on tv over here, was getting updates from my dad back home and couldn't believe that we blew it...

things just aren't happening this year.

just had a look over the stats and it just doesn't look like anyone of our boys grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck like they used too...

almost the entirety of the team in the 10-19 disposal range....

on the plus side it looks like staker was pretty solid, but as i've read on here he drifted out of the game for periods again...

Seaby pulled in some pretty good numbers too...

but you can't be blowing leads like that...

Sorry if its already been mentioned, but is anyone else getting frustrated with Fletchers disposals and poor decision making?

The last couple of weeks in particular i've been watching him and when he has the ball, 7 out of 10 times he hands it over...

I'm sorry man but he's starting to look like a liability... :(

The previous games, it seemed he didn't know where he was, but I reckon the game last Saturday, was his "best" so far compared to all his blunders in the past games...

and now your being cocky and arrogant

dont put too much expectations on wilkes

own him? wtf, hes played 3 games

dont write off lloyd, its like other posters writing off kerr

if lloyd/lucas kick 8 between em, ill come back to this topic...

lloyd/lucas may not have kicked 8, but lloyds game today is what any good forward should do.

not pointing at the finger of any glass/wilkes/bones, just a better player tonight. ie. hille > cox

so for KEMPIE and BIG MAN, i dont wana do it but i just have to.. "i told you so ;)"

nah j/k we're all electronic mates here :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

OMG (<--vent here)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back