Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
North- Terrible.

Out of contention.

Lack of committment to defense.

"North play the way they want to play against every single team they play"- Roos, meaning its not working.

"who stands up in blue and white?" asks Noddy, "....No one," he answers.

Footage of Crowley tipping Boomer over before bounce....we see Umpire wtaching it and does nothing.

Umpires didnt control the Boomer/Crowley angst and should have.

PAUL ROOS "they are a facinating team....alot of it is when we win the ball....they dont have an enermous commitment to the defensive side of their game...north play the way they want to play, that is there game style and they will play that same way every single team they play against....you have to adjust to different team....it would be facinating to hear what they are teaching their players"

PAUL ROOS "they are a facinating team....alot of it is when we win the ball....they dont have an enermous commitment to the defensive side of their game...north play the way they want to play, that is there game style and they will play that same way every single team they play against....you have to adjust to different team....it would be facinating to hear what they are teaching their players"

Is that his long way of saying we have no Plan B?

Pardon the interruption...I come in peace
I actually dispute that all hope is lost for North...out of the teams outside the 8, your main competition is Carlton. WC are spent (and old) and I as much as I admire Port, they will get exhausted towards the end. You've still got a hell of a lot of young kids. In fact I see close similarity between Geelong of 2006 and North of today. Not saying that you'll dominate like the Cats have, but your upside is good.

As a neutral, I see your main weakness in the back half, not so much in personnel but with your game plan. Its often too easy to isolate your bigger players (who aren't that big).
And for an experienced player, Firrito makes too many elementary errors.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the year. I don't think you'll win the flag (neither will we) but prospects are pretty good for NM. You're just one good draft away from being a top 4 side.

As a neutral, I see your main weakness in the back half, not so much in personnel but with your game plan. Its often too easy to isolate your bigger players (who aren't that big).
And for an experienced player, Firrito makes too many elementary errors.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the year. I don't think you'll win the flag (neither will we) but prospects are pretty good for NM. You're just one good draft away from being a top 4 side.
cheers for your thoughts. the bolded is pretty much exactly our issue, so you hit nail on the head in that regard. but i wouldnt say back half only. apart from certain players, the defensive pressure across the whole field is overall dissappointing for a side who looks as good on paper as we do. purely effort based things. thats why chaos has erupted here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I defy anyone to come up with a case arguing that any of that is incorrect.

North are like the Dodgem Cars at the Show. It looks alright so you pay your $5 for the ride. There's only one speed so you put your foot down and it seems easy going round and round at that pace if no one else pays you any attention. But the other cars work you out before too long and it's pretty simple to bump you a few times and eventually get you stuck in a corner. They speed off and leave you trying to manoeuvre your way out of it by spinning the wheel round and round but going nowhere. Then the ride ends and you end up achieving nothing and wondering why you bothered.

Brad Scott is the Laughing Clown. He's popular with the new people to the Show but you work out pretty quickly that what it's offering is just not that good. He just sits there doing the same pointless thing over and over with his mouth agape regardless of what's happening in front of him.

I actually thought we did play quite differently yesterday - a lot more defensively-minded. It didn't work and to be honest we would have been a better chance if we'd taken the game on a bit. But my feeling at the ground (and given that all other games bar west coast I've seen on the box) was they were trying to incorporate a more defensive, man-on-man approach. And doing it pretty poorly I might add, but I guess that's to be expected when you haven't been playing that style for a while.

North are like the Dodgem Cars at the Show. It looks alright so you pay your $5 for the ride. There's only one speed so you put your foot down and it seems easy going round and round at that pace if no one else pays you any attention. But the other cars work you out before too long and it's pretty simple to bump you a few times and eventually get you stuck in a corner. They speed off and leave you trying to manoeuvre your way out of it by spinning the wheel round and round but going nowhere. Then the ride ends and you end up achieving nothing and wondering why you bothered.

Brad Scott is the Laughing Clown. He's popular with the new people to the Show but you work out pretty quickly that what it's offering is just not that good. He just sits there doing the same pointless thing over and over with his mouth agape regardless of what's happening in front of him.

Now this man has the art of analogies down pat!

Robbo on afl 360 said the heat was on the players few weeks ago but now the heat should be on the coach. Talked about our selection of players, one of the lowest clubs with players used with a team who has only won 4 games. Think he is going to write an article going hard at brad in the coming days.

I actually thought we did play quite differently yesterday - a lot more defensively-minded. It didn't work and to be honest we would have been a better chance if we'd taken the game on a bit. But my feeling at the ground (and given that all other games bar west coast I've seen on the box) was they were trying to incorporate a more defensive, man-on-man approach. And doing it pretty poorly I might add, but I guess that's to be expected when you haven't been playing that style for a while.

This except we held Freo to a winnable score for NM but couldn't capitalise on it.

I'll give it a shot.

It's rubbish, it's just that we're young. We're on the right track. What about Bomber at Geelong. If I wanted to hear what a winning coach thought I'd read the women's weekly article on Julia's knitting prowess!

How'd I go?

Remove this Banner Ad

Review On the Couch v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back