Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

We made Carlton desperately try to keep McKay and TDK on the ground because we were all over them.

Geelong had to bring Stewart as an extra number to stoppages and contests because we were killing them.

We're building but we don't know how to overcome teams that completely throw all their big bodies into the mix.

Our kicking inside 50 is the worst in the comp. That's your game.

It makes for a grumpy afternoon watching what goes in that 50 forward arch

Who is the Forwards Coach?

And who do I write to get the gig next year?

We made Carlton desperately try to keep McKay and TDK on the ground because we were all over them.

Geelong had to bring Stewart as an extra number to stoppages and contests because we were killing them.

We're building but we don't know how to overcome teams that completely throw all their big bodies into the mix.

Our kicking inside 50 is the worst in the comp. That's your game.
Sidebottom into the Centre Bounces 4th quarter against Collingwood too. The bigger bodies still have the most impact against us.

Midfield forward connection is a major issue.

It’s compounded by the fact we have 15 half forwards and 1.5 good ones.

We don’t go to dangerous space.

We don’t go to advantage.

We don’t work hard enough for each other.

There is also zero consistency of movement it’s like we’re in a state where we are constantly making it up as we go.
We kick to contest but we can't mark. Or contest. Therein lies the problem.

Sidebottom into the Centre Bounces 4th quarter against Collingwood too. The bigger bodies still have the most impact against us.

High football IQ as well with these likes

Whereas we have Corr (30 year old?) running around each week with a head that wobbles around like a plate of jelly, such is his football IQ

I mean have you seen anything more ridiculous than that give away goal on the goal line?

Sheer stupidity

Just outclassed and strangled. Didn’t allow us to play our game outside of the start of the game and the patch in the third. That’s what a hardened team does.

I am once again asking for you to put Harry Sheezel in the AA team.

Fans are not “in this club”. Couldn’t make less difference what we expect.

Also Stockholm Syndrome isn’t real.
It's astounding the amount of nuffies who think throwing the toys out of cot on the internet is making any difference whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Everyone needs to relax. Win the next 2 and the negativity will die right down. Lose 1 of the next 2 and then the negativity will be justified.

Judge us on how we go vs sides around us and in the bottom 6. Since the bye we have won 2/2 against those sides. Confident we make it 3/3 next week and then it’s 2 steps forwards without any steps back. Lose and then I’ll panic.

First time in a long time we go into a game as favourites and expecting to win. Time to play like it and be ruthless.

If we have improved then we should put Richmond to the sword, beat West Coast and push Hawthorn.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

The real test. If we don't put these sides away then I'll be very disappointed. We'll talk about mental frailty and such then. Some great stuff was on display today but, alas, an utter refusal to not shoot ourselves in the foot once again put the game utterly out of reach by the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My great fear is that we're not rebuilding at all, we're just the same old shit team watching Sheezel and Wardlaw develop into superstars. We've got Xerri, Comben and a few others, sure. But games like today do little to dispel the possibility that we're not even halfway through our rebuild.
Need to pick up some quality roleplayers

My great fear is that we're not rebuilding at all, we're just the same old shit team watching Sheezel and Wardlaw develop into superstars. We've got Xerri, Comben and a few others, sure. But games like today do little to dispel the possibility that we're not even halfway through our rebuild.
We've generally nailed those early picks. As any club should. We have not nailed later and MSD picks. We should have a better foundation by now. We've been down bottom for five years.
So many other clubs have MSD players doing well.
Today we had Hansen JR.
We have not taken our opportunities.

The reality is that we’re probably not.

We can get as sulky and pouty as we like, but this is year one of rebuild 3.0.

sea lion dance GIF by Celebrity Cruises Gifs

I normally don't post in autopsy threads unless I'm tagged, but this one's strange.

It's okay to think North aren't anywhere near 'good' right now, and it's okay to think there's been significant improvement since the bye. They're both true.

Is a bit weird that this game, of all games, against a Geelong side that has 15+ years of continuity in football department and whole club decisions with all the benefits that gives you, has prompted this type of back and forth today.

North are at, what, maybe six months of continuity with no major distractions if we're being generous and that's after four or five years of being a complete shambles. Anyway, I should probably get back to writing my piece for the blog.

I normally don't post in autopsy threads unless I'm tagged, but this one's strange.

It's okay to think North aren't anywhere near 'good' right now, and it's okay to think there's been significant improvement since the bye. They're both true.

Is a bit weird that this game, of all games, against a Geelong side that has 15+ years of continuity in football department and whole club decisions with all the benefits that gives you, has prompted this type of back and forth today.

North are at, what, maybe six months of continuity with no major distractions if we're being generous and that's after four or five years of being a complete shambles. Anyway, I should probably get back to writing my piece for the blog.

**** me, I’m sitting here watching kayaking waiting for your blog post, and you’re reading the musings of us peasants….get to work…

Agree, we're not that far off it. Need more composure and polish across all lines but that'll come with both more experience and hopefully a recruit or two (+ mckercher).

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back