Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you serious?

So you would prefer us not fire any shots at all?

nonsense.
No.

Getting obliterated means your no chance of scoring.

Dominating but not scoring is worse, because you should be scoring, but arenā€™t.

Just absolutely sick of calamitous F50 entries.

The Stockholm-syndrome of low expectations in this club is genuinely appalling.
Fans are not ā€œin this clubā€. Couldnā€™t make less difference what we expect.

Also Stockholm Syndrome isnā€™t real.

SO they aren't what they were but are better than a lot of teams and will challange again soon.

Your opinions swing wildly based on what you are trying to justify.

Not a contradiction, not the burn you thought it was. And consolation prize for trying. But you must be used to looking for tiny salvageable scraps to cling to if youā€™ve watched North games all year. I donā€™t blame you.

No.

Getting obliterated means your no chance of scoring.

Dominating but not scoring is worse, because you should be scoring, but arenā€™t.

Just absolutely sick of calamitous F50 entries.

Yeah me too, itā€™s beyond amateurish. Other parts of the game look better but like absolute fools we refuse to fix this.

Not only did we play like crap, we gave Dempsey rising star
To be honest, I wouldn't begrudge Dempsey the Rising Star. He's probably had a better year that Wardlaw overall. George will most likely end up being the far better player, but Dempsey has been a little more consistent and had a bigger impact over the course of the season. Others may disagree

Itā€™s obviously so much better than being obliterated. But in some ways, more frustrating because of how stupid it looks.

Well keeping Geelong to 4 goals a quarter is ok. Backline had a couple of crazy moments but besides that we did ok.
I think Geelong are a well drilled experienced outfit
Having Logue back makes a huge difference. Archer seems like he'll make it, which has me pleasantly surprised.

The game had me feeling constipated, as we wanted to move the ball and did well connecting from the backline into the midfield, but time after time when it came to the final push we just farted.

I was a little surprised that we went with Teakle, Comben and larkey, love all three of them, but I felt we'd be too tall for the conditions. ie playing outside.

So I think we all talked ourselves into thinking we could win, we're not ready for that against an aged middling team.

But it really isn't about today.

The major building blocks are there

FB Logue
CHB - Corr, and the 2 Dawsons
CHF Comben
FF Larkey
R Xerri

Midfield

LDU
Sheezel
Wardlaw
Simpkin
Powell
Sorry Brother but I canā€™t really agree.

Corr is 30. Will Dawson has played **** all football at the top flight. Kal Dawson canā€™t even break into the Senior Line up at the minute.

Comben will take a key position.

Tick for Larkey at Full Forward and Xerri in the Ruck.

Sheezel the only class act in the middle. Issues with LDUā€™s and Wardlawā€™s kicking.

Simpkin looks cooked but signed to 2029. Thanks for that Brain Dead Brady.

Powell a living example of Katy Perryā€™s song Hot and Cold or whatever that song is called.

We are a long way off it. Rawling shouldā€™ve been sacked when demoted as GM of Football. :stern look

Itā€™s not worse.

I mean itā€™s frustrating as f***, but itā€™s not worse.

Going into games knowing that regardless of what we do we will be no where near it is incalculably worse than where we are currently.

We have a system that intermittently works. We have players that are patchy but dominate sections.

These are hallmarks of a good young side.

If I had to choose between attending games like last week or games like the stretch of 50 point losses in 2022 where we were playing to mitigate damage, I know which I am choosing.

And look itā€™s pain. This growth the hard way is pain. But there is next to no alternative with the cattle we have and the cattle we can attract.

Stephens is worth pursuing with, heā€™s got good speed and stamina. Suited to the wing. But yes Shiels and Sleevoā€¦positionless.
Cā€™mon Paddy. Stephens is a Cat scared of his own Moon Shadow. His kicking ainā€™t that great either. A terrible recruit. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We kicked the first 3 goals from stoppage clearance dominance and slick hands.

But when we need our forwards, we're ****ed. It's a huge issue. They are not working well enough. Nowhere near.

Sorry Brother but I canā€™t really agree.

Corr is 30. Will Dawson has played **** all football at the top flight. Kal Dawson canā€™t even break into the Senior Line up at the minute.

Comben will take a key position.

Tick for Larkey at Full Forward and Xerri in the Ruck.

Sheezel the only class act in the middle. Issues with LDUā€™s and Wardlawā€™s kicking.

Simpkin looks cooked but signed to 2029. Thanks for that Brain Dead Brady.

Powell a living example of Katy Perryā€™s song Hot and Cold or whatever that song is called.

We are a long way off it. Rawling shouldā€™ve been sacked when demoted as GM of Football. :stern look
I think those you mentioned being Wardlaw, Dawson brothers, Powell are two years off but that's ok.

Our peripheral players are fairly horrid when looked at as a collective , Stephens, Stevo, Tucker, Scott , Powell, Phillips, Hansen.
Then we have a plethora of HF Zurhaar, Curtis, Ford, Duursma.
I'd love to see Bergman, Hardeman, McKercher, Fisher back in the side.

We're playing much better football if you're watching the games
What? We won 3 games last year. We have won 2 games this year. We had a percentage of 71.5 last year. This year it is currently 65.1. Sure we are playing better football since the bye. But we havenā€™t improved much. We are destined to finish bottom 2 for a 5th straight year. Why is that? We are bad for a reason. Our record highlights that. Our recruiting has been diabolical. And this is why we are where we are. :stern look

What? We won 3 games last year. We have won 2 games this year. We had a percentage of 71.5 last year. This year it is currently 65.1. Sure we are playing better football since the bye. But we havenā€™t improved much. We are destined to finish bottom 2 for a 5th straight year. Why is that? We are bad for a reason. Our record highlights that. Our recruiting has been diabolical. And this is why we are where we are. :stern look
I'm talking about watching the games and you're copy-pasting stats.

We've been playing much better footy since the bye.

I'm talking about watching the games and you're copy-pasting stats.

We've been playing much better footy since the bye.
WTF? Iā€™ll give you watching the games. We have not been playing ā€œMuch Betterā€. What has improved since the bye has been our tackling and effort which has resulted in us being more competitive. Oh and stats tell yah the story. They tell yah the truth. :stern look

Share a lot of hcd199 thoughts who always sums it up so well.

10 rounds ago, a year ago, I'd put these types of llosses down to a poor list and historic poor standards.

The last 2 weeks have not felt like that. We have a mental maybe cultural issue around winning.

We have the personnel to now get on top of opponents in games. We win contests, dash and link up and you get lulled in sometimes in the first 5 minutes.. "maybe today?"

Then it happens.

The fantastic chain of play that ends in a limp snap that barely goes 25 metres and finishes in the arms of a waiting standing defender.

The flow of 2-3 goals and all the momentum abruptly ended with the totally unnecessary own goal to give opposition their jump-start.

The big lead that everybody in the universe including every other AFL club knows is going to evaporate, it's just a matter of when, not if.

I'm convinced this group collectively don't see themselves as genuinely capable of beating high rated opponents or putting the foot on the throat of the weaker ones.

Just about every successful dynasty looks to start when players - not coaches - make a stand to make something of their team.

I think that time is coming. The way the season is tracking, the honourable losses will mean less and less to the players belief if we continually punctuate them with random shitshows.

We need some players to ask their team mates if they're fair dinkum and commit to concentrating for 4 quarters and stop talking big but deep down believing they're just happy competing with better teams for a quarter or 2 here and there.

WTF? Iā€™ll give you watching the games. We have not been playing ā€œMuch Betterā€. What has improved since the bye has been our tackling and effort which has resulted in us being more competitive. Oh and stats tell yah the story. They tell yah the truth. :stern look
Okay... Stats

From 1st April 2023 to the bye:
1 win - 31 losses
Percentage = 64.2%

Since the bye:
2 wins - 6 losses
Percentage = 80.9%

We've been playing much better since the bye

I swear Spud and co secretly hope we lose so they can jump on here and moan SEE, I WAS RIGHT - WE ARE SHIT!! As if it's hidden knowledge lol

No mate, I watch every game I can on tv and the highlight of my trip to Melbourne was:
1. Seeing the Gold Coast win
2. Going to Arden street

Weā€™re just shit. I donā€™t watch an entire game and waste an afternoon just hoping to come on here. I watch genuinely hoping things improve.

I just happen to hold the view that the reasons weā€™re not improving are completely unacceptable - whereas most on here seem conditioned to never expect anything good. Sucks. The North Melbourne I started supporting were a ruthless mob, a completely different club tbh.

well they are top 4 for a reason. Did dismantle hawthorn by 8 goals only 2 weeks ago who are the form side in the comp.

We are 12-18 months away off wins vs top 8 sides mate. Judge on us how we go vs bottom 6, hence why next 2 weeks are so important.

I think.about ten different sides have been in the top four at some point this season

Okay... Stats

From 1st April 2023 to the bye:
1 win - 31 losses
Percentage = 64.2%

Since the bye:
2 wins - 6 losses
Percentage = 80.9%

We've been playing much better since the bye
Turn it up Greezy. North after Round 2 in 2023 were 2 wins - 0 losses with a percentage of 103.9. Gee we have really fallen of the perch since then. Stop using such a small sample size to justify your moronic argument. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy v the rubber head bands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back