One More DMack

How many games will Mackay play in 2019 (excluding injuries)?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Milera

Its no coincidence that Milera has starred in the absence of David. Lets see how this plays out on his return

On Wilson , maybe the fact he only got 1 game is more on the club and not him. Do you really expect every debutant to come in and shine? And a reminder that Gallucci also didnt 'shine' in the SANFL. Maybe that form isnt the best to be assessing players.
Have you watched Wilson much in the SANFL? Apart from getting a lot of ball he's a turnover merchant when he goes short or medium, and a lot of those turnovers are kicking into the corridor which is death in the AFL. When has Mackay ever kept Milera out of the team when he's fit?

Compared to some of the manure you post?

The "manure" I post doesn't even compare to how bad Mackay is as a footballer (it's to the point I'm strangely jealous of him, seeing he's survived being promoted past what he is capable for what has been an impressively long time). After all, this is a player that even our coaches don't rate by virtue of our best 22 votes where Mackay hasn't even managed to come 20th in votes per game the past few seasons (Which is certainly not even in excellent depth, more, completely out of depth), yet here we are with him still being a lock in the best 22.

This is just a symptom of a club who is truly just happy to exist, or has no idea how to win a premiership.

No disagreement with me there, but I'm talking this year when we've not had Smith until now, Seedsman for big stretches, Riley Knight for big stretches etc etc. I'm confident he'll be depth if all said players are available, if not however he could be next man up depending on McPherson coming up and how ready our new draftees are.
Kind of agree other than the GWS game at home - not picking Murphy and playing Milera forward to accomodate Dmac was the worst selection of year closely followed by playing CEY last week against GWS

This news seems to have thrown the entire Adelaide BF board into a bout of resigned depression today.

Except Bicks. Who likes Dmac because he passed through Ballarat once.

Have you watched Wilson much in the SANFL? Apart from getting a lot of ball he's a turnover merchant when he goes short or medium, and a lot of those turnovers are kicking into the corridor which is death in the AFL. When has Mackay ever kept Milera out of the team when he's fit?
Sometimes its not about keeping a player out of the team but out of their best position

Do you agree Milera has played very well on the HB line in Davids absence?

On Wilson my point was and always will be that a player should get more than 1 game to see how they respond.

Can you recall the game earlier this year when Milera despite showing promise at half back was shunted to the forward line to accommodate Mackay in defence?

tenor.gif

If DMack didn’t play next year would we miss him? There’s your answer
Do the other teams ever think oh shit, Mackay is in the line up, how do we plan for him?

Geez, Mackay is doing some damage. How do we lock down on him?

Boy, Mackay has been shutting down our wingman/half forward. How do we change things around?

Has any Crows fan ever felt relief at having the calm, composed, experienced head of Mackay out there when the heat is on? Contrast that to even fringe player Cheney who actually plays like an experienced player.

If DMack didn’t play next year would we miss him? There’s your answer
There is definitely a good loyal bloke and good preparation factor to his survival over needs

I guess good on him for having those traits - not his fault as many have said

If he wasn't professional and loyal to team needs he'd have no chance of a career

The Crows are awarding loyalty to the Melbourne based players....similarly with what they did to Douglas, I don't mind it, he is only 30 and hasn't lost his pace. It shows why the other Melbourne players in Sloane and Lynch signed for less money despite all the media negativity with the year they had and CM.

This news seems to have thrown the entire Adelaide BF board into a bout of resigned depression today.

Except Bicks. Who likes Dmac because he passed through Ballarat once.
That's utter bullshit, in an ideal AFC scenario Mackay is depth, to say I like him in our side is misrepresenting what I've said all along. He's played more games this year than he should have only because of our monumental injuries and players lack of being AFL fit on returning.

Do the other teams ever think oh shit, Mackay is in the line up, how do we plan for him?

Boy, Mackay has been shutting down our wingman/half forward. How do we change things around?

They usually think,"we are putting a new kid in for his first game, probably nervous, whom can we put him on so he can kick 3 in the first quarter?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What utter bullshit, Mackay is as courageous as any player on our list when it comes to putting his head over the football and with his attack on the contest.
I was gonna say, I have my issues with him, but I'd never question his commitment to attacking the football. Something Atkins could stand to learn, as much of a fan I am of his.

Has any Crows fan ever felt relief at having the calm, composed, experienced head of Mackay out there when the heat is on? Contrast that to even fringe player Cheney who actually plays like an experienced player.

Port did, and they put 2 gamer Farrell on him. :)

As a poster, I think how do we get him out of the side. Does that count? :$

:p

I think the one year extension is more to enforce the kids to try harder over the preseason. Don't think Mackay will be a starting regular in 2019, assuming the whole squad is fit.

I think the one year extension is more to enforce the kids to try harder over the preseason. Don't think Mackay will be a starting regular in 2019, assuming the whole squad is fit.
Yeah, missing the finals won’t do it, having Mackay around will.

That's utter bullshit, in an ideal AFC scenario Mackay is depth, to say I like him in our side is misrepresenting what I've said all along. He's played more games this year than he should have only because of our monumental injuries and players lack of being AFL fit on returning.
Easy champ. It was clearly tongue in cheek, no?

Dmac has never passed through Ballarat

What's the problem, ultimate professional and excellent depth,

After 50 games, our Management should've been on it's knees, begging and pleading for forgiveness at making such a horrendous mistake with recruiting.

it's up to the youngsters to force him out of the AFL side with performance Crows Members and Supporters to endlessly pressure and harrass the Management to break this cycle of nepotism and favouritism towards longterm established veterans, as no amount of quality youngsters will force this change.

That would be true for most clubs however our selection committee/coaches can't help themselves with these experienced guys still on the list, they will play regardless of what the younger guys are doing so we reach our experienced players in the side quota.

The last 10 years we have been pathetic ushering our older guys out. Weak as water.

This.

Remove this Banner Ad

One More DMack

Back