one player steps out of line - whole team is punished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Deep Purple

Debutant
May 30, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
About 2 - 3 weeks ago all dockers players received a text message on a Saturday night from Freo Coaching staff that there was a 5.00 am coaching session next morning at Port Beach as punishment for a the WIZ stepping out of line. This was a separate incident to when the WIZ was caught shouting in Northbridge.
I commend the new coaching regime for this action. This is the type of discipline where the whole group suffers for one persons mistake was made famous by the French Foreign Legion and is exactly what we need.
Vive la Dockers!

About 2 - 3 weeks ago all dockers players received a text message on a Saturday night from Freo Coaching staff that there was a 5.00 am coaching session next morning at Port Beach as punishment for a the WIZ stepping out of line. This was a separate incident to when the WIZ was caught shouting in Northbridge.
I commend the new coaching regime for this action. This is the type of discipline where the whole group suffers for one persons mistake was made famous by the French Foreign Legion and is exactly what we need.
Vive la Dockers!
Yea i commend the coaching staff as well. Very good approach IMO, the 'clean' players will soon let the other guys know how they feel about their behaviour.

Yea i commend the coaching staff as well. Very good approach IMO, the 'clean' players will soon let the other guys know how they feel about their behaviour.
Oh ye if i had to get up at 5am for someone elses F up i would surley let him know what i thought. Nice work. :thumbsu:

Vive la Dockers!

Source that it was a Wiz screw up?

I don't know what WIZ got up to but the source is one of the Dockers new recruits. I think it would be unfair to name him. Source is 100%

Peter would have liked to attend but it clashed with a meeting he had later in the day in regard to the Sea Crest project in Geraldton.

I think its great to see the club taking a "military" appraoch to player discipline. Good work Harvey.

I dont think we should blame Wiz here. It could have been any player that was busted. I think its great that the whole team is punished as a group though.

Did Peter Bell attend an early morning beach session in Geraldton?

You really love laying the boot in don't you? Maybe start another topic about it?

I wonder if it had anything to do with a taxi incident after the races.I had heard the same thing.
Good for the club I reckon if all these misdemeanors are picked up on.

I don't know what WIZ got up to but the source is one of the Dockers new recruits. I think it would be unfair to name him. Source is 100%

Why would it be unfair to name your source?

If he wasn't sworn to secrecy then it is no big deal.

If he was sworn to secrecy then you should name and shame the guy for not being able to keep his yap shut about team matters.

If he wasn't sworn to secrecy then it is no big deal.

If he was sworn to secrecy then you should name and shame the guy for not being able to keep his yap shut about team matters.

Probably because he named Farmer as the one who stuffed up

I think this is great - the punishment needs to come from within the group and the players need to realise their actions impact a hell of a lot more people than just themselves.

It does however raise a big question (yes, another one and this is likely to earn the roth of GJ) about Farmer's attitude if the OP is right. As great a player as he has been, is he really up to AFL football anymore? The example of Steve Johnson this week only reinforces that few leopards truly change their spots. Even after a dream season (after his 6 week suspension anyway) he can't stop his stupidity from taking hold. Unfortunatley I think the Wiz may be the same. :(

It was actually an attempt at humour - i.e. the thought of Belly punishing himself at a 5am beach session on his lonesome.

its like getting reading homework at school, theres no evidence.

"peter, did you do the 5am session?"
"yep"

he's got it all worked out. all the game time and none of bad stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naming your source is the best way of making sure they never tell you anything again.

I like this story if it's true. The threat of being responsible for the whole team being punished should do wonders for developing the self discipline of the squad.

We haven't seen if he can actually coach yet but I love Harvey's style so far.

Anyone who would ever consider naming the source of private information given is a tool in the first place.

The news is encouraging, hopefully things are starting to change mentally down Freo way.

Anyone who would ever consider naming the source of private information given is a tool in the first place.

Spot on.

I especially liked Roundhouse's logic of punishing people who let info slip by broadcasting it to the world and naming and shaming them. That's current affairs show type behaviour

Spot on.

I especially liked Roundhouse's logic of punishing people who let info slip by broadcasting it to the world and naming and shaming them. That's current affairs show type behaviour

And broadcasting private conversations on public forums?

And broadcasting private conversations on public forums?

If you're discreet and don't reveal names or sources then it doesn't hurt anybody.

I probably wouldn't have mentioned Farmer's name personally, but that's just me.

I can't get mad at the Wiz for little things anymore (but then I didn't have to go running at 5am on a Sunday morining). I've just accepted that he's a flawed genius and I hope we can get as much as possible out of him before he retires.

Deep Purple = Rhys Palmer

Hence his source wasn't named:)

Just think if Woosh did this last year training at 5.00am Sundays would have been a permanent fixture for us.

On topic, has anyone considered that it may have been for a breach of team rules at training rather than an off field thing.

If you're discreet and don't reveal names or sources then it doesn't hurt anybody.

I probably wouldn't have mentioned Farmer's name personally, but that's just me.

I can't get mad at the Wiz for little things anymore (but then I didn't have go running at 5am). I've just accepted that he's a flawed genius and I hope we can get as much as possible out of him before he retires.

I don't agree.

Personally I'd be dissappointed if something I'd said in private ended up on a public forum whether I was attached to it or not.

Posting rumours from un-named sources is poor form every day of the week and people should be called on it.

It doesn't matter whether it is a harmful rumour or even if it's true. If you're worried about naming a source because they will be annoyed, it's probably a good indication that they never intended for the info to be aired publicly in the first place.

Remove this Banner Ad

one player steps out of line - whole team is punished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back