Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Buddy Franklin
Sam Reid
Tom Hickey

Didn't think I would say it this year but Breust. Lost pace and doesn't tackle anymore. Just want to see him get to 500 goals than start being managed more frequently the rest of the year.

How much of that is being on an uncompetitive side though? Genuine question.

Sent from my SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s been showing signs of decline for a couple of years now. Hasn’t been able to tackle or apply pressure like he used to.

Still a smart forward who knows where the goals are. So he’s been able to make up for the lack of pressure with goals prior to this year.

Has apparently been very sore after games and barely training so that hasn’t helped. But even fully fit the end is approaching fairly quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy unfortunately looking this way. Can’t blame him for giving it one more crack but in hindsight it’s looking like a pretty feeble end to an amazing career.
Wouldn't surprise me if he pulls the pin when they genuinely have no chance of playing finals, which is looking more likely each week.

Hasn't he under delivered. He was good at Port, came across and shown nothing.
He was fine under Clarkson but has shown nothing under the Sam Mitchell led tank.

Chad is a player who lives for the big time but has spent the last couple of years playing for the smallest possible time, and has lost all motivation as a result. I still reckon if you stuck him in a top 4 side playing big games you'd get a completely different performance out of him, but he's been so bad this year he might have damaged his reputation enough that no contending side would want to take a chance on him to find out.

Didn't think I would say it this year but Breust. Lost pace and doesn't tackle anymore. Just want to see him get to 500 goals than start being managed more frequently the rest of the year.

Love loyalty and all but he definitely should have done a Gunston and went to a finals contender. In fact, I would love him in the red, white and blue.

I reckon he just wants the 4 more goals he needs to pass Doug Wade and move to 4th on the all time goal kicking list and then he can pack it up - nothing else left for him to do.
Nah, nothing at all. Premiership, lots of snags, lots of roots, lots of drink cards and lots of cash.

Love loyalty and all but he definitely should have done a Gunston and went to a finals contender. In fact, I would love him in the red, white and blue.
Different situation to Gunner. Smith is a better comparison. Decided to bail on a rebuild for no reason other than moving closer to the beach. Got another flag as a result so good luck to him. Breust is a different personality. Wants to be a 1 club player and is clearly happy with the 3 flags he's already got. About leaving a legacy behind now for the kids to carry through but I rekon it will be in a non playing capacity the way it's going.

Different situation to Gunner. Smith is a better comparison. Decided to bail on a rebuild for no reason other than moving closer to the beach. Got another flag as a result so good luck to him. Breust is a different personality. Wants to be a 1 club player and is clearly happy with the 3 flags he's already got. About leaving a legacy behind now for the kids to carry through but I rekon it will be in a non playing capacity the way it's going.
Smith sees football as more of a job than anything. Plus being a very country family always works to be away from Melbourne more. So couple of extra years at a contender would always have appealed more than helping build the team.

Cal Ward as sub lol.

Is he a contender for this thread?

Don’t think so, think he’s solid still and not his fault GWS are pushing through a rebuild.

Round 1 when a midfield opportunity opened up with Perryman and Kelly out showed what he can do.

He will play out the year getting pushed aside and playing forward roles but solely based on GWS rebuild, not his own performance.

He was fine under Clarkson but has shown nothing under the Sam Mitchell led tank.

Chad is a player who lives for the big time but has spent the last couple of years playing for the smallest possible time, and has lost all motivation as a result. I still reckon if you stuck him in a top 4 side playing big games you'd get a completely different performance out of him, but he's been so bad this year he might have damaged his reputation enough that no contending side would want to take a chance on him to find out.
Didnt he leave Port because Hinkley told him a few home truths, he didnt like it and spat the dummy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back