Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

He was fine under Clarkson but has shown nothing under the Sam Mitchell led tank.

Chad is a player who lives for the big time but has spent the last couple of years playing for the smallest possible time, and has lost all motivation as a result. I still reckon if you stuck him in a top 4 side playing big games you'd get a completely different performance out of him, but he's been so bad this year he might have damaged his reputation enough that no contending side would want to take a chance on him to find out.
With his injuries he has lost any penetration on his kicks, 40-45m would be his absolute limit as he has looked to pass every time he is around 50 out
No doubt there are probably motivation issues as well but his body is the biggest issue

Smith sees football as more of a job than anything. Plus being a very country family always works to be away from Melbourne more. So couple of extra years at a contender would always have appealed more than helping build the team.
Depends on the personality as I said. Lot of players would be content with 3 flags and see their playing days out passing on their knowledge to the next generation. Smith clearly wasn't interested in that and it worked out for him. Breust is wired differently although it would have been tough watching a close mate leave in Gunston.

Andrew Gaff absolutely sucks

Would be the right call for both him and the Swans - McDonald especially plays better without Buddy.

Round 15 v Eagles he could go out with a bang. At home.
Your post hasn't aged too well.. Was our 2nd best player on the weekend.. And Mcdonald won't be playing better with or without buddy for quite some time.

Your post hasn't aged too well.. Was our 2nd best player on the weekend.. And Mcdonald won't be playing better with or without buddy for quite some time.
One game doesn't change things. Jack Riewoldt kicked 4 a few weeks ago then reverted to old man performances. Buddy is on last legs. Still got the ability to do good things but he is at about 60% of his peak and going down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60% of his peak is probably still better than most!

Nah, it isn't. I don't think teams can afford to play someone who is impacting the game for 10-15 minutes. Buddy has been a great player. Right now I don't think he would get a game on a lot of AFL lists. He had to go again after kicking 50+ last year but i cannot see him going past this season.

Jack Silvagni.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back