Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I get why why picked him up but it hasn't worked. Looks well done
Gotta feel sorry for him after losing his dad last year, but he should be dropped in the VFL or retire after the Hawthorn game next fortnight if he cannot score a bag, cause he has only played one decent quarter for the whole season so far since the trade up to Brisbane (3rd Quarter vs Western Bulldogs) :huh:

Dayne zorko
His form is still good. In fact there's an article out today about how he is still in the top 5 kicks inside 50 on multiple measures.

Its his off the ball stuff that isn't so great. I'm glad we've moved on from him as captain

His form is still good. In fact there's an article out today about how he is still in the top 5 kicks inside 50 on multiple measures.

Its his off the ball stuff that isn't so great. I'm glad we've moved on from him as captain
Daniel Rich is another player that’s probably had one too many seasons.

Daniel Rich is another player that’s probably had one too many seasons.

When he's got the ball in hand anywhere within 10m of 50m commentators always say he's within kicking distance of goal. Save the one he did actually kick on the weekend (when he was semi on the run) I can't recall Rich doing anything other than kicking it to 10-15m out from goal to the forwards this year.

Don't think he's had one too many seasons per se, maybe one too many seasons being an auto pick when he's fit. He's bordering on a liability down back when out there though.

If you watch Buddy closely he:
  • Can't leap.
  • Can't run.
  • Can't kick over 50 metres (like he used to)
  • Can't get any separation from defenders.

At this point I'm not sure what he is still doing out there.

Ordinarily I'd say Sydney are still playing him to get people through the SCG gate, but he's been in the team playing away from the SCG as well (surely interstate Sydney supporters don't go to the games just to see him out there).

He doesn't strike me (or look like) as a player who is out there leading the young forwards (like Hodge did for us for the young defenders).

Unbelievably we were linked to him coming up to play out his days. Thank god that didn't happen.

One season too many for sure.

When he's got the ball in hand anywhere within 10m of 50m commentators always say he's within kicking distance of goal. Save the one he did actually kick on the weekend (when he was semi on the run) I can't recall Rich doing anything other than kicking it to 10-15m out from goal to the forwards this year.

Don't think he's had one too many seasons per se, maybe one too many seasons being an auto pick when he's fit. He's bordering on a liability down back when out there though.
The issue our club has though is that we always choose the easy selection path out with some of our beloved favourites like Zorko and Rich playing every week, as well as Lyons last year (before the club finally ruled him out with “injury” before finals even when he was hampered all through the year) and not rewarding the form of our VFL players, which are undefeated so far in the VFL competition alone this year.

Sure we are a Top 4 team currently (which does make it harder to do I understand) but just look at Port Adelaide dropping Jonas (their co-captain) this week as an example of how to properly conduct a team selection based on current form and their 2nd on the ladder.

So if Fages and co actually had any sort of guts in them, Rich and Gunston shouldn’t be playing in our AFL side at all based on their current form and Zorko should only be the medical sub for us, to provide us with x-factor if needed.

Hugh Greenwood

I actually think Greenwood and Ziebell have been good this season and will probably get another contract.

It does look as if Cunnington may have played a season too long, although after the battles he has gone through over the last couple of years I have no issue with him making a return, if anything it has been really inspirational. even if it hasn't been as successful as he and everyone at North had hoped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fatinui apparently still on the Eagles list? Probably not the only one that needs to a farewell game out west.
His 6-7 week injury he has had for 12 weeks has just been confirmed at another 6-7 weeks away.

He’s been a star of this thread for 2 season and is going to back up again next year.

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

I actually think Greenwood and Ziebell have been good this season and will probably get another contract.

It does look as if Cunnington may have played a season too long, although after the battles he has gone through over the last couple of years I have no issue with him making a return, if anything it has been really inspirational. even if it hasn't been as successful as he and everyone at North had hoped.
Take the blue and white blinkers off.

Ziebel is absolutely dreadful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction One season too many - Now 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back