Open Training Session 20/07/2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry Reems

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Hi Guys, did anyone else go to training today?

I did and here were my observations.

Ballas

The crowd really loved Ballas and he looked great. Moved the ball really well plus hit his targets.

He was the most popular with the kids when they started signing autographs at the end, until Pav and Sandi turned up.

Harves

Great to see Harves signing his fair share of autographs too. I even had my man boobs signed.

Mayne

Looked great, ran really well, kicked some nice goals from the pocket.

Jack Anthony

Looked good, moved well and seemed to fit in well.

Kepplar Braddley

Looked fit and ready to join the team again.

Ryan Crowley

Looked fit, fully rested and moved the ball really well.

Byron Schammer

Tried hard, did what was expected of him, but that was about it.

Nick Suban

Did a lot of fitness work and looks ready for Sunday.

Nick Lower

Brilliant, very popular with the crowd too.

Michael Johnson

Light duties only

Silvagni

Moved well, looked great.

Griffen and Clarke

Ditto.

Those that didn't train on the ground but came down to sign autographs.

Michael Barlow (top bloke, very friendly)

Pav (crowd surge when he came out was unbelievable)

Sandi

Ibbo

Anthony Morabito

Notable No Shows

Nat Fyfe

Luke McPharlin

Anyone else have any comments or observations?

Sorry guys, I couldn't help myself. I was surprised though that Harves signed as many autographs as the players did. Plus he had the "Mr Hollywood" shades on, very stylish.

I tried to get a chant going with the kids, "We want Fyfey, We want Fyfey, We want Fyfey"......But all that happened was a little girl kicked me in the shins and my sausage roll fell into a puddle.

BTW - I just added Luke McPharlin to the missing in action list.

Probably didn't learn much but thanks anyway Harry. C'mon guys don't underestimate the importance of doing it for the kids.Even in advanced middle age I can still remember the utter thrill of meeting a footy hero..I have wonderful memories of meeting Stan Magro in 77 when he was a a Magpie and feeling on top of the world for weeks..

Was there also. Bit of a lighter run for the main group. A lot of the players mentioned in the player management thread for resting were in the rehab group today and just did a bit of touch work with minimal to no running.
Harry pretty much covered the rest. Mood is always higher coming off a win gotta love it. Bollenhagen and Roberts (42?) did a fair amount of running. Bollas did 3/4 of training then went off to run laps of the oval. was gasping it hardcore think he did about 10 laps at a fair clip. And i spoke to Johno and he said Roger was having surgery this morning so hopefully all goes well.

Hey guys,

Is tommorrows session at Subi definately closed? Because I was planning on heading down to the Eagles open session at 1pm, and thought I might as well go abit earlier if the Dockers are on.

Help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Open Training Session 20/07/2011

Remove this Banner Ad

Back