Operation: Harry Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

It would take a major change in our recruitment policies to go after both. I think it would be extremely unlikely.

Imagine Buddy being rotated through the midfield. Could he be the big bodied midfielder we need? Obviously would play Fwd too...

would be a good get but not exactly someone that would be a missing piece. our defence is good. unless people think he can give us that drive off half back. he isnt really that sort of player although an excellent kick.

Giving up our first rounder is almost a given considering what our list has to offer Geelong if something indeed were to happen, and then there's the issue of what the club is willing to part ways with, if they wouldn't part way with Mitch Brown imagine what they'd be like if they were asked for Gaff, Shuey or Selwood (Scott of course)

would dale thomas ever be considered ?? i mean i dont know just curious ? obviously playing for buddy or harry would be the preferred option but would daisy ever move west ??

Thomas is more what we lack than both Buddy and Taylor (might not be as good, but we lack gun mids). But it seems to be that it'll either be Collingwood or Carlton (the MM connection) from what I've heard.

Of the three I'd almost prefer Daisy.

Why didn't you guys grab him when he was in the WAFL? Didn't look up to it?

Great Question !!!! ?????

Now that the friggin point thats been pissing off a lot of WAFL & Eagles Fans from day one.

The avid and astute WAFL watchers have all been saying the same ever since we didn't take him in a few earlier drafts. He showed heaps of form and potential and was a very good WAFL player for East Fremantle who at times dominated in a series of positions as a KPD a KPD and ever as a wingman.
To this day I still scratch my head and have NFI why we did not take him a season or two earlier than the Cats did.

He was very versatile, very accomplished in the WAFL and had a huge "Pick Me, Pick Me" sign on him but for some strange reason both WA sides passed him by.

That's the nature of drafting you sometimes mess things up ...... badly....... and our recruiuters, of late, seem to do it more frequentely than we like.

Sad but true.

Great Question !!!! ?????

Now that the friggin point thats been pissing off a lot of WAFL & Eagles Fans from day one.

The avid and astute WAFL watchers have all been saying the same ever since we didn't take him in a few earlier drafts. He showed heaps of form and potential and was a very good WAFL player for East Fremantle who at times dominated in a series of positions as a KPD a KPD and ever as a wingman.
To this day I still scratch my head and have NFI why we did not take him a season or two earlier than the Cats did.

He was very versatile, very accomplished in the WAFL and had a huge "Pick Me, Pick Me" sign on him but for some strange reason both WA sides passed him by.

That's the nature of drafting you sometimes mess things up ...... badly....... and our recruiuters, of late, seem to do it more frequentely than we like.

Sad but true.

We aren't the only club who didn't take him. :rolleyes:

He will add to a premiership puzzle, but our weakest point is our midfield.

Mackenzie and Brown are the same sorts of key defenders, shut down, highly defensive.

Glassy no longer plays on a key forward (apart for brief amounts during rotations).

Schofield plays similar to Bunga Hurn in the sense that they sweep/create across from half back.

Taylor would be a massive addition, but Makenzie and Brown are no crabs, and our midfield is our weakest point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had taken mostly key defenders in 2006 (Brown, Mackenzie, Schofield), had lost both Cousins and Judd at the end of 2007, so the focus was on primarily on midfield. Ebert didn't quite turn out but it was a solid strategy.

Had taken mostly key defenders in 2006 (Brown, Mackenzie, Schofield), had lost both Cousins and Judd at the end of 2007, so the focus was on primarily on midfield. Ebert didn't quite turn out but it was a solid strategy.

And even before that, we had a pretty alright back line and Hunter was still playing well with no signs of his shoulders packing it in.

The local sports radio channel here in Melbs are pretty certain that he'll be allowed to head back to Perth. They were suggesting that since the Cats picked up a homesick Caddy, as a club they'd look pretty ordinary to deny Taylor the same opportunity.

The local sports radio channel here in Melbs are pretty certain that he'll be allowed to head back to Perth. They were suggesting that since the Cats picked up a homesick Caddy, as a club they'd look pretty ordinary to deny Taylor the same opportunity.

Good attitude on Geelong's part, shame it's not shared by others at the trade table (COLLINGWOOD!!!!)

It wasn't 'cool' back in those days to draft anyone older than 18. If you look at our '06 draft we grabbed 3 18 year old key position prospects, and ignored the 20 year old Taylor. Geelong in their infinite drafting wisdom made it cool.

Taylor's WAFL stats were pretty decent and should have been worth a pick late in the '06 draft. Would've been a better rookie pick than anyone we looked at.

Scott seems confident he'll stay with Geelong, I wonder what they'd consider in a trade especially if he plays the go home card and 'nominates' a team. Maybe we might end up moving someone else to get back into the top end of the draft, or grab a free agent midfielder.

Considering we denied a return to Victoria for Mitch Brown (who coincidentally is just outside the 22) we're not really in a position to pass judgment on Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Operation: Harry Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

Back