List Mgmt. Welcome Harry Barnett (Pick 23, 2022 National Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done mate. I'm sure if you'd had more than 9 minutes game time you might have taken a grab or 2. In fact if you'd had all of Darling's 86 minutes on the park, you'd have probably touched the ball 10 times to his 6. Screenshot_20230702_222829_com.telstra.android.afl.jpg

Imagine posting a faux congratulations message just so you can s**t on Darling again and having the nerve to accuse someone else of disrespecting the kid
Woah what? I want to see the kid play. Watched his highlights of last year's U18s and was stoked we picked him. We're dead last, and putting 86 minutes into Darling for 6 possessions vs real game time into Barnett, is a joke. The lack of player development is why we're the joke of the competition.

Carbine Cockface reporting for duty.

Imagine picking today as the day to criticise our development of young players. Bizarre.

DD - what have you made of Harry's WAFL work thus far?
Listen champ, I really rate this young bloke and hope he has a great career. You might not, and that's OK, that's your opinion.

I've coached kids. It's hard watching the anxiety build when they're on the bench and you're trying to get them into the game. Harry's sat there for almost the entire game. His debut was handled poorly. That's why I'm pissed off.

Listen champ, I really rate this young bloke and hope he has a great career. You might not, and that's OK, that's your opinion.

I've coached kids. It's hard watching the anxiety build when they're on the bench and you're trying to get them into the game. Harry's sat there for almost the entire game. His debut was handled poorly. That's why I'm pissed off.
Don't think I've ever said I don't rate Harry, don't put words into my mouth. He's had a rough start at WAFL level but that's fair enough, hardly an ideal situation for a young ruck. But he's also not ready and I don't think he should have been brought on any earlier today, debut or not. Naturally it sucks his debut happened that way but really wasn't any way around it realistically.

Champ.

Ideally today wouldn’t have been his debut and it only happened because Kelly fell ill and there was literally no one else. Like nobody else

It wasn’t earned on merit albeit I liked his effort when he did come on

Could have maybe come on a few minutes earlier but not something I would’ve thought was an issue all things considered

We were in it up to our eyeballs until the last half of the 4th quarter. Why would we mess with the team that was clearly working just to give Barnett a few more minutes for his debut? He clearly isn't ready and there is nothing wrong with that, he played because there is no one else.

This isn't the first time someone has debuted as a barely used sub and it won't be the last.

What a weird hill to die on, sheesh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were in it up to our eyeballs until the last half of the 4th quarter. Why would we mess with the team that was clearly working just to give Barnett a few more minutes for his debut? He clearly isn't ready and there is nothing wrong with that, he played because there is no one else.

This isn't the first time someone has debuted as a barely used sub and it won't be the last.

What a weird hill to die on, sheesh.
Up to our eyeballs? Mess with the team that was clearly working? The same team who lost by 171 points a week ago? I'm not sure if you're watching the same sport as me but giving a full game at CHF for a kid on debut, vs 9 minutes wasn't going to ruin the season. We're at rock bottom. The way up is to play the kids.

There's no season to save, but they're still trying to win the game. That's beneficial to developing a winning culture and it's more important than warm fuzzies.

Barnett would know where he's at. He would have known that it wasn't there ideal scenario for him to be getting a game. He's probably happy with the 9 minutes that he played.

It's absolutely naff to have a tall as the substitute when fresh legs are required to help run the game out when tickets are spent.

Club worked within the parameters of what they had on hand to try and win the game. You're approaching it from a completely emotive angle.

Woah what? I want to see the kid play. Watched his highlights of last year's U18s and was stoked we picked him. We're dead last, and putting 86 minutes into Darling for 6 possessions vs real game time into Barnett, is a joke. The lack of player development is why we're the joke of the competition.
Darling has always been a confidence player. Hes got none atm and being dropped to the twos to build some form beating up the wafl i feel would be the best thing for him whilst also putting some games into a young fella.

I'm happy he got a few minutes. He tried. Better than Tony Notte's debut.

Go on Harry lad

So you're saying that Barnett will be the #1 ruck? Good luck to the kid.

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

Is a big fella now. Drafted at 93kgs and mentioned on the Inside Swoop he's put on 8kgs, so he's in triple figures. Probably another 10 kgs to go, but he's definitely already a strong young man who's probably a bit ahead of the physical curve.

Is a big fella now. Drafted at 93kgs and mentioned on the Inside Swoop he's put on 8kgs, so he's in triple figures. Probably another 10 kgs to go, but he's definitely already a strong young man who's probably a bit ahead of the physical curve.

He's got the weight but nowhere near the strength yet. That developed body with full strength is still at least 2 years away. But a huge congratulations to him on playing a game so early this season to a player I desperately wanted the club to draft. his career will be one I follow closely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back