Opposition Fans with Questions about Swans Players for Dream Team/SuperCoach - Ask Them Here

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you guys rate Jared Moore? Didnt see him first week.
Also do you see him sticking in your 22? It seems his abit of a fringe player.
Finally what position do you see him playing? Forward? Midfield?

I hate my forwardline and im despreate for some good midrange forwards.

like bonzaburgers pointed out; in 2009 expect moore to be a regular

however saying that, don't expect much of him....

it's been reasonably well documented that his endurance isn't great, so he is pretty much a permanent small forward and isn't likely to receive 20+ disposals a game

secondly as a small forward, don't expect him to regularly be a large goal scorer

small forwards are generally a risky play... and jarred moore is no different.... my advice... AVOID

like bonzaburgers pointed out; in 2009 expect moore to be a regular

however saying that, don't expect much of him....

it's been reasonably well documented that his endurance isn't great, so he is pretty much a permanent small forward and isn't likely to receive 20+ disposals a game

secondly as a small forward, don't expect him to regularly be a large goal scorer

small forwards are generally a risky play... and jarred moore is no different.... my advice... AVOID

He played some mid last week...... But yeah don't expect too much from him each week he will probably average 16 odd disposals a week

Will Bird get enough opportunities and score enough points to justify selection in your dreamteam considering his cheap price?

Yes. Bird should play atleast 15 games in 2009 (though i hope he plays every game).

He is also showing some good preseason form as he was one of our best players against Port Adelaide and according to reports he had a solid game against Melbourne today.

G'day guys, did Malceski play today? Cheers.

EDIT: Sorry guys, didn't see the thread reviewing todays game.

Hey guys, just wondering what are Jesse White's prospects of getting regular games this year? Would he be in the best 22, and in contention for round 1?

What's the story with Daniel O'keefe? I know he's had hamstring and groin trouble but with a full pre-season this year why isn't anyone talking about him? You would think that a first round draft pick in the Superdraft actually being fit to play would have every Swan fan excited. Compare DOK to Mitch Brown who every Eagle supporter is pumped about. If he can keep himself fit will he get early games this year? He had outstanding numbers as a junior.

What's the story with Daniel O'keefe? I know he's had hamstring and groin trouble but with a full pre-season this year why isn't anyone talking about him? You would think that a first round draft pick in the Superdraft actually being fit to play would have every Swan fan excited. Compare DOK to Mitch Brown who every Eagle supporter is pumped about. If he can keep himself fit will he get early games this year? He had outstanding numbers as a junior.

We keep hearing about him being outstanding as a junior but he spends far to much time injured and even when he isnt he is never that impressive.

I would love to be wrong about him but i think he will be delisted at the end of 2009.

I need to cut Kirk or Mcveigh from my midfield for salary cap issues, in real life it would be seeya later Mcveigh or do a Carlton and keep both, but in this game, who should I cut?

I need to cut Kirk or Mcveigh from my midfield for salary cap issues, in real life it would be seeya later Mcveigh or do a Carlton and keep both, but in this game, who should I cut?

Id probably cut Kirk. Kirk is 32 and unlikely to get better but i have a feeling McVeigh is going to have a great season (will proably average over 20 disposals and kick 35+ goals in the season).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howdy. Would you say back up ruck woudl be Currie, then White, i.e. who would be best two back-up ruckmen from sydney to have on the bench.

Also, How's Malceski travelling - a good bargain?

mcveigh may get a bigger tag this season, so he may be overpriced.... but promisingly he has had a strong pre-season

kirk.... is getting along in age

i would stick with mcveigh, however i would advise you to reconsider your list... fan bias can be very detrimental to your side*

(*however saying that, i knew the guy who won the 2006 supercoach.... he built the side mostly on saints supporters, so i could be wrong)

Currie, white, oreal or pyke whose gonna be back up ruck boys?

Howdy. Would you say back up ruck woudl be Currie, then White, i.e. who would be best two back-up ruckmen from sydney to have on the bench.

its currie, then white (though his points will come form playing at back and forward), then pyke (rookie), then murphy (rookie) and then orreal (rookie)

Also, How's Malceski travelling - a good bargain

he's played one pre-season match

but he looked good, both physically and mentally

definitely worth having in your side

I would say they'll both get a lot of games, as they won't be competing for the same spot (barring injury to our ruckmen, White will be playing as a KPP). I've actually selected both on my bench, as I believe both will be very useful cheap players.

Yeah, i've got White and Currie as my two reserves. MIght have to try and slot Malceski in there somewhere, maybe move over Jesse Smith from North. Thanks for the tips guys. Muchos appreciated.

^ cheers mate

Think i'm gonna get rid of either White or Currie from my bench. Who do you guys think I should keep?

Keep them both, they are better than Cox, they will be a surprise to everyone this year, get rid of whoever you picked in the ruck and just choose them both!

(im in it to win it)

Keep them both, they are better than Cox, they will be a surprise to everyone this year, get rid of whoever you picked in the ruck and just choose them both!

(im in it to win it)

Apparantly Terry Wallace has said that Angus Graham will play every game this year. I don't want my rookie ruckmen as cash cows as such, they wont make much, I just want them to have guaranteed playing time so I never get a 0. I originally had Currie and White, then swapped Currie for Graham. If you're sure both Currie and White will play most games this year, I'll swap back to both of them though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposition Fans with Questions about Swans Players for Dream Team/SuperCoach - Ask Them Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back