Opposition Fans with Questions about Swans Players for Dream Team/SuperCoach - Ask Them Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Currie's interrupted pre-season means that he will have to prove himself again before he is selected. Based on Roos' comments after the NAB Challenge game, Currie is no longer first choice as our backup ruckman. Then again, it is Roos. He is renowned for saying one thing and doing another.

How's Marty Mattner travelling? I noticed he had a strong end to 2008. Can I expect bigger and better things or should I be looking elsewhere?

So whats your clubs situation with your rookies, you've had a fair few LTIs and players leaving, so I'd imagine you'd be able to nominate a few.

I'm undecided on Pyke, Orreal and Spencer (Melbourne) for my last ruck choice, I know none of them will play a lot of games let alone score well, but that extra security may help in a time of crisis. Cheers guys?

Hey ladies and gents, just wanting so thoughts on Craig Bird. Absolute ball magnet as a junior and played some fairly solid games last year but Roos only gave him 60% odd TOG for the year. It seems there are a few different thoughts on him, some think he is in your 18 while other don't have him in their 22. Is he likely to take another step this year?

Hey ladies and gents, just wanting so thoughts on Craig Bird. Absolute ball magnet as a junior and played some fairly solid games last year but Roos only gave him 60% odd TOG for the year. It seems there are a few different thoughts on him, some think he is in your 18 while other don't have him in their 22. Is he likely to take another step this year?

i think your post answers most of your question

no one here can really give you a definative answer

i personally rate him the starting 22, but i can't see major changes for his scores in 2009..... he's not going to physically impose himself in the game, nor is his role gonna change..... maybe a slight improvement with some more game time

however others tip him to have a cracker of a season, others tipping him to be dropped from the regular senior line-up

but his pre-season form suggests he'll probably have a similar impact to last year

I really want to help you but I can't read more than 2 consecutive words in your post before my eyes start wandering left again.

i think your post answers most of your question

no one here can really give you a definative answer

i personally rate him the starting 22, but i can't see major changes for his scores in 2009..... he's not going to physically impose himself in the game, nor is his role gonna change..... maybe a slight improvement with some more game time

however others tip him to have a cracker of a season, others tipping him to be dropped from the regular senior line-up

but his pre-season form suggests he'll probably have a similar impact to last year

Yeh fair enough, was kind of looking to see if he showed promise in the pre-season to warrant more TOG. That last line was what i was looking for, thank mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bird has been doing really well in the preseason games and assuming he doesnt get any injuries i would expect he will play atleast 20 games in the regular season.

The kid is a gun and its only a matter of time til he proves to everyone why Paul Roos gave him the number 14 guernsey.

With that Heath guy needing a Knee Reco is Kristin Thornton a shoe in for the free spot on the main list and will he play this year if that is the case?

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposition Fans with Questions about Swans Players for Dream Team/SuperCoach - Ask Them Here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back