No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the hawks proved to me that we have to keep tanking the next couple years to go get all the main ingredients for our next priemiership. You cant do that from mid table.

No more top ups like koshitski please.
took them 9 years to win this final ... i don't want to wait that long for another final win or flag push

Watching the hawks proved to me that we have to keep tanking the next couple years to go get all the main ingredients for our next priemiership. You cant do that from mid table.

No more top ups like koshitski please.

It is not really the Hawks high draft picks making the difference. There would be a number of factors but player wise the main drive is coming from players picked in the 21-75 range or rookie type picks + about 8 middling type of B and C grade recruits mostly acquired in vaguely similar trades to Koschitzke or uninspiring Free Agents. Meek, Frost, Amon, Impey, Ginnivan, Chol, D'Ambrosio, Scrimshaw, Meek.

They have a terrific coach and a superb but largely unheralded High Performance Manager in Burge. But their list of uninspiring recruits from other clubs probably tells us we shouldn't be afraid to look for average looking performers at other clubs who can fulfil needs for us.

It is not really the Hawks high draft picks making the difference. There would be a number of factors but player wise the main drive is coming from players picked in the 21-75 range or rookie type picks + about 8 middling type of B and C grade recruits mostly acquired in vaguely similar trades to Koschitzke or uninspiring Free Agents. Meek, Frost, Amon, Impey, Ginnivan, Chol, D'Ambrosio, Scrimshaw, Meek.

They have a terrific coach and a superb but largely unheralded High Performance Manager in Burge. But their list of uninspiring recruits from other clubs probably tells us we shouldn't be afraid to look for average looking performers at other clubs who can fulfil needs for us.
Mitchell has been outstanding as coach. They have the vibe of a group that is playing for each other much like we did at our prime. I’m not so sure on your recycle players theory though because the Dogs had a few as well and they stunk. I really think the coach sets the tone and extracts the best of his team

Mitchell has been outstanding as coach. They have the vibe of a group that is playing for each other much like we did at our prime. I’m not so sure on your recycle players theory though because the Dogs had a few as well and they stunk. I really think the coach sets the tone and extracts the best of his team
Good thing is that it shows the turnaround can be really quick.

last night proved and consolidated the belief that it ALL comes down to the coach,and his/hers (peggy💕yes she was heavily involved ) ability to sell a dream and manifest it into reality

not making excuses for RFC 2023/24,not sayin wots happened should be accepted but so many of the them have already achieved that dream(premiership x 2 x 3) and therein lies the conundrum,arriving at the which way sign ? whats next to play for after the dreams come true

its so important to get in ppl that can inspire,& thats a huge part of the trick

The hawks are a good side to watch and it would be good to see them go all the way. It’s been a very up and down season for sides but you can’t see the Port train wreck getting anywhere near the Hawks next week. I think Ken will be out of luck with straight sets .
bunch of arrogant discusting carnts their supportsers, look at the raspberry Chol got,racists to the core,imagine Bulldogs supporters did that to Jamagar,thought they embarrsed themselves whilst revealing who they really are and humiliating Chol last night,cant wait till the little FKRS r put in their place

1725659966547.png

Bulldogs have so many shit players. Average plodders.
And a highly overrated Coach. They need to move him on to have any chance of realising their full potential. How he got them to a flag is beyond belief, umps helped in the GF, but have never rated him as a coach

And a highly overrated Coach. They need to move him on to have any chance of realising their full potential. How he got them to a flag is beyond belief, umps helped in the GF, but have never rated him as a coach
Brad Johnson Footscray Dynasty is on track.

Most of their supporters don’t rate him either. Would be in the clubs best interest to move him on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't think the Dogs were that bad. The Hawks were just too good for them, and have had the wood on them in recent years.

Yep I think Bevo’s time is up. He has some elite talent on his list and he is not getting the best out of them. The side just seems disbalanced, too many talls and too many recycled battlers

Can’t stand that little hobbit.

Why does he always turn to the crowd to celebrate. All about him. Piece of shit.
Wouldn't last 5mins in the 70's.
He'd be Neil Balmed.

The hawks are a good side to watch and it would be good to see them go all the way. It’s been a very up and down season for sides but you can’t see the Port train wreck getting anywhere near the Hawks next week. I think Ken will be out of luck with straight sets .
agree.. power would of taken a mental bullet to the confidence after the loss
while the hawks took another confident step foward
power will fold and kenny will be looking for a new gig

I didn't think the Dogs were that bad. The Hawks were just too good for them, and have had the wood on them in recent years.
They were f**king awful. They couldn't handle Hawthorn's pressure and put on little themselves. Their tackling was as weak as ours.

Last edited:
I hate Geelong a bit more than Hawthorn but honestly them winning the flag will be more credible imo.

This Hawthorn list is full of role-players. not even close to our team we had role-players but we had guys like Cotch, Rance, Riewoldt, Dusty.

I don't see that sort of star power.
I am hoping the Swans win it but I have doubts they will be able to handle Geelong or Hawks at the MCG in this sort of form.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back