No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

wouldnt class a piss up in the off season a "work function", unless it was a club organised event? because fmd that means every time i go to the pub with a couple of blokes from work im beholden to that raft of legislation.
It would be debated but the kill shot would be who booked the venue. If someone acted as an agent for the football club, then it would be a work event.

I am like 85% sure that in Vic, the laws changed as well and that is why a lot of organisations have their work Christmas parties run during work hours then "formally" end them so they are not liable.

The only reason theyre identifiable as GWS players is their minor celebrity status. Not like they showed up to a corporate event. Otherwise it's a group of dickheads off the clock having a laugh. Was their behaviour inappropriate for a mad monday piss up? Not really. Crass, but people love dark humor. Ricky Gervais can't walk into a room without selling it out.
Inappropriate for a club function? Absolutely. It's the context really.
GWS players are celebrities in Sydney?! You’ve got to be taking the piss.

Mad Mondays are work events. They may end up arguing the point in a court of law, but I wouldn’t want to represent the players in these circumstances.

Last edited:
Not really too interested in getting into whether they were there in a work capacity or not, but surely we can agree that some of that stuff, especially the Jarrod Hayne stuff, is just foul. I'd be pretty disappointed if that stuff was going on at the tiges and no-one told them to pull their head in
Cotch, Jack, and Ivan Maric would never have let it happen. Toby Greene is a shit person and no leader.

Woke is as woke does.

Who was the Saints player that got suspended for 6 matches because he called a couple of oppos '******s'? Probably should have just called them campaigners and it would have been ok.

I mentioned the case on a Supercoach forum and copped a 6 week ban for quoting the word '******'

*Edit.... there was no swear filter

Yeah, I can't think of any "private venue" that would want this sort of stuff.
View attachment 2146075

not the smartest bunch footballers
Well the AFL are Racists so they wouldn't have liked the Connor Idun slavery thing.

Leonardo Dicaprio Handshake GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke is as woke does.

Who was the Saints player that got suspended for 6 matches because he called a couple of oppos '******s'? Probably should have just called them campaigners and it would have been ok.

I mentioned the case on a Supercoach forum and copped a 6 week ban for quoting the word '******'

The woke brigade have taken a verse out of Dire Straits classic Money For Nothing.

We're f'kd.

GWS players are celebrities in Sydney?! You’ve got to be taking the piss.

Mad Mondays are work events. They may end up arguing the point in a court of law, but I wouldn’t want to represent the players in these circumstances.
How were they recognised and dobbed into the AFL?

Woke is as woke does.

Today’s situation focuses on breaching employment contract terms and compliance with NSW employment laws, not "woke" issues. Try and keep up.

Cotch, Jack, and Ivan Maric would never have let it happen. Toby Greene is a shit person and no leader.
At least our blokes went to Thailand, got the clap, attended the b and f, a few shots later at a clinic, good to go for pre season training.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back