No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stephenson placed three same game multi-bets in three separate matches this season in which he played. The bet stakes totalled $36.

The matches in question were against the Western Bulldogs in round four, Essendon in round six and St Kilda in round nine.

The multi-bets included legs on:

• Collingwood to win,
  • Collingwood winning margin,
  • Stephenson to kick a goal,
  • Stephenson to kick three or more goals,
  • Collingwood teammates to kick a goal,
  • Collingwood teammates to kick two or more goals, and
  • Collingwood teammates to have in excess of a number of disposals.

On two occasions Stephenson gave cash to a friend to place the bets for him, on one occasion he used the friend's betting account. All bets were unsuccessful.

Lol
Imagine match fixing and not even coming up what a shit campaigner

Got off light given he’s bet on Collingwood games and...on himself. And deliberately uses a mates account to get around being detected.

AFL just loses credibility any time it tries to enforce the rules. This one is 10x worse than Shaw’s.
In that case, he off lightly especially betting on 3 matches

Stephenson placed three same game multi-bets in three separate matches this season in which he played. The bet stakes totalled $36.

The matches in question were against the Western Bulldogs in round four, Essendon in round six and St Kilda in round nine.

• Collingwood to win,

On two occasions Stephenson gave cash to a friend to place the bets for him, on one occasion he used the friend's betting account. All bets were unsuccessful.
and only cops 10 games. **** me this league is soft .

- Betting on himself to kick a goal
- Using a mates account while admitting he KNEW it wasn't allowed at the time
- 3 seperate bets
- 3 seperate Collingwood games

AFL sees it as a 22 week suspension but will allow him to play finals after 10 weeks?

Collingwood getting looked after once again, absolutely a wet lettuce leaf suspension.

Acquaintance of mine knows Stephen and his family, apparently a very good kid so its nothing personal from me but the AFL have gone soft.
Can you imagine a 10 week suspension in other sport for betting on yourself? Not a chance.

• Collingwood to win,

based on the legs it included he has got off lightly i reckon, and the 12 week suspended is complete bullshit, just a way to allow him to play finals.

10 weeks I think would be applicable for just straight head to head wins but he is betting on specific outcomes that he can control during the game, and a lot of them..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t know that he bet on himself. What a campaigner. It’s a sh*t look for the sport. Should’ve been minimum fifteen.

No way self reporting which I’m highly dubious about anyway deserves a more than 50% discount on the sanction. Once again the AFL is stage managing and treating the footballing public like mugs

This suspension is not good for the seagull but is motivation for Collingwood.

They will use the “us against them” motto and Stephenson will be back as fresh as a daisy just in time for finals.
Stephenson is having the most overrated season. I reckon he should’ve been dropped not long ago. Bongs Lloyd is statistically similar to Stephenson, yet no one is talking up Lloydy’s year. Maybe Bongs should turn the ball awkwardly while he’s having his run up so the media notice him more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back