No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me so much of us in 2017

All the other teams mids would destroy us getting huge numbers. Id feel we’re losing the game and yet we’d still win by 4/5 goals. You’d leave thinking who besides Dusty really stood out yet we’d win comfortably. The whole losing clearances and territory game can be hard to figure out but is so effective.

Whatever they came up with in 2017 clearly works. Teams can have all the footy they like but if the system is right you still win games of footy. Unreal what a few coaching methods and belief can do for your side

We saw it in 2017 and the Pies are seeing it now. Whether or not they go on with it in finals is yet to be seen

The best part of watching teams do this is knowing that until you win the flag not a hell of a lot matters. Premierships teach you that, so very interested to see if the Cats or Pies could do something everyone expects Melbourne to back up from last year!

Can you believe they’re now equal too with a percentage of 106? It’s actually crazy lol
We had stars and AA players everywhere
Rance
Jack
Dusty
They got squat ,, playing well at right time though and it’s telling this time of year , they’re every chance for a gf berth , don’t reckon they got the game to beat cats ,, we ll see

Shemons should have won by 8 goals , Brown and co up forward a liability , forward entries 🤮

A bit of respect please.
If posters on here have taught me anything, Brown is a premiership star, he doesn't need to ever play another good one or even get a kick.
Thirty shockers in a row, he's still a premiership player and it gifts a game for life.
;);););););););););)

Rance
Jack
Dusty
They got squat ,, playing well at right time though and it’s telling this time of year , they’re every chance for a gf berth , don’t reckon they got the game to beat cats ,, we ll see
Yeah Quality of talent doesn’t compare with us which is why I’m spectical they win it all

Rance = Moore?
Dusty = De Goey ?
Cotch = Pendles ?
Jack = Mihoceck ?

Their versions aren’t as good. But role players wise they fit so well in Fly’s system.

Thing they have in droves though is belief! They have the MCG fortress so will be hard to beat come finals time

Just hoping we can finish strong and get in there and make a run. So frustrating the games we’ve thrown away when you see what they Eve achieving, but huge game tomorrow night! Can’t wait

Rance
Jack
Dusty

I give them their due .. they're getting it done on belief, resilience and willpower, despite few stars.
Shades of '91 when they didn't have many either, aside from Daicos, Brown, who didn't feature much on GF day, McGuane and Millane.
FFS Kerrison rivals Castagna as one of the worst premiership players of all time. Ditto for Gayfer, Turner, the serviceable Manson and Christian.
But Lethal Leigh built their success around pressure and tackling.

Surprise, Surprise. Inconvenient Fact. We only played composed football in the years after we got McCrae from Collingwood and then went back to disastrous season ending losses in the last two seasons since he left??
Fair call, but I also think having injuries to our key players hasn't helped is and the fact the older lads have won 3 flags. It's hard to stay hungry forever

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No more nuffy insulting comparison to our star studded “17 premiership outfit , if anything they remind of the dogs in 16 when a bunch of rag tag misfits took all before them ,, fk I wouldn’t mind playing them
only way pies win the flag this year is if they get sucked off like they have been all year in the finals and granny like the dumb dogs in 2016

No more nuffy insulting comparison to our star studded “17 premiership outfit , if anything they remind of the dogs in 16 when a bunch of rag tag misfits took all before them ,, fk I wouldn’t mind playing them
I think it's a similar feeling to the feel of 2017, back in 2017 it did kind of feel like a bunch of no names, outside our big 4. Hindsight, of course, we now know that there were plenty of stars there

Gary lying saying they should make a movie about pies , get *ed you stupid gimp
CONEHEADS_SAlone_THM_16.9_1920x1080_603325_1920x1080.jpg

How easy would it be getting the umpiring the Pies get? How many goals from frees tonight .?? Lost contested by 24, lost clearances by 20, lost Inside-50’s by 24 …. all you can do is win, but it’s basically impossible to win when dominated like that. Free kicks galore. Straight kicking for goal. It’s unsustainable… but if they fluke a flag they’ll contend with perhaps the Eagles of 2018 or Dogs of 2016 as the worst Premiership team in the AFL era.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yep. With McRae we can't be too sad - there was no way we could move on from Dimma & he deserved his chance. Its hard to say, but happy for him & probably the most painless i have felt about a good Collingwood team, he is a great coach and helped up win 3 flags. He clearly remembers though what Richmond did in 2017 though, lean on your strong experienced core & surround them with young, hungry players put in the perfect situation to do what they do best. Its why i have been so frustrated with our direction this year, if we had committed to that same strategy from Round 1 we could have been having as much fun as this. Instead we tried to go with the same lot of players on the ol "Sneak one more" mentality - which is always the easier option, not the best

So we’d be on an 11-game winning streak with a team containing Samson Ryan, Jack Ross, RCD, Biggy, Mansell, Sydney Stack, Tom Brown and Judson Clarke most weeks..?? They can’t even dominate at VFL level.

Pies have had a dream run with injuries. They get blown by the umpires every week. They have had extraordinary luck and they’re well coached. But if that game is played the same way again they’ll lose by 10-goals.

I do wonder if their good fortune can roll on for another 7-weeks..?? It just might. But their percentage is 106% so it would be pretty crazy. A bit less luck they could be 10th.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back