No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

The club should’ve had the balls to sack Dimma 12-18 months ago. Completely wasted nearly 2-years of development by hanging on to false hope … Dimma has been playing Kmac, Pickett and Graham nearly every week FFS. I don’t care who texted or instigated it … was massively overdue, he’s been hanging around like a bad smell just to make sure he got paid his full contract for far too long.

The club should’ve had the balls to sack Hinkley 12-18 months ago. Completely wasted nearly 2-years of development by hanging on to false hope … Hinkley has been playing Boak, DBJ and Finlayson nearly every week FFS. I don’t care who texted or instigated it … was massively overdue, he’s been hanging around like a bad smell just to make sure he got paid his full contract for far too long.

The club should’ve had the balls to sack Nicks 12-18 months ago. Completely wasted nearly 2-years of development by hanging on to false hope … Nicks has been playing Crouch, Laird and Smith nearly every week FFS. I don’t care who texted or instigated it … was massively overdue, he’s been hanging around like a bad smell just to make sure he got paid his full contract for far too long.

WTF?? You’re talking gibberish.

We lost an EF by 1-point in 2022, with 5 x losses that season after Round 6 by a combined 15-points … mostly without Dusty. So a few points off top-4 and potentially a 4th flag … Dimma was gone 9-weeks later.

Port won 13-games in a row in 2023, and are likely finalists in 2024. Adelaide missed finals in 2023 due to a goal umpiring error.

Eagles missed finals in 2021 having lost 7 of their last 9 games and lost their last 4.

Eagles won 2 games in 2022 with a percentage of 59%. So by end of 2022 had won 2 of their last 26 games and were non-competitive … still Simmo held on.

Then they went 3-20 in 2023 with a percentage of 53%, so had won 5 of their last 49 games.

Still Simmo held on.

They are 3-16, so have now won 8 of their last 65-games, and Simmo is gone.

He should’ve gone end of 2022, or halfway through 2023 at the very latest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Heeney remains banned. Imagine that happens in a PF and a player misses a GF for a similar incident?

I’d be fuming if that was one of our guns getting suspended for an innocuous and accidental incident like that.

The rules of this game are farked ….

Heeney remains banned. Imagine that happens in a PF and a player misses a GF for a similar incident?

I’d be fuming if that was one of our guns getting suspended for an innocuous and accidental incident like that.

We did it was Bachar

We did it was Bachar

I love Bachar as much as the next Tiger, but even I can see his incident was far worse than Heeney. I wasn’t upset at all with Houli copping some weeks (the way the CFL came over the top to appeal the penalty for about the only time in history a different story … I was pissed about that).

Hate Collingwood and Geelong so much it would a pleasure to see them both choke.
Carlton and Swannies are irritating, but not to the same extent.
Can't ask for too much.
The season is a write-off but hopefully some consolations.
We finish at/near bottom and select FOS or Smillie to begin the rebuild project.

I love Bachar as much as the next Tiger, but even I can see his incident was far worse than Heeney. I wasn’t upset at all with Houli copping some weeks (the way the CFL came over the top to appeal the penalty for about the only time in history a different story … I was pissed about that).

The point is that Heeney's arguments could equally apply to Houli. They both weren't looking at their opponents, they were both trying to get separation, they both have incredibly clean records. Only difference is Houli got Lamb with a bit more force than Heeney did on Webster. I think both actions were careless, not intentional. Again the AFL have ruled on outcome, not intent. Crazy that Houli got 4 weeks and Heeney almost got off for what was essentially the same action, especially in a time now where the head is (supposed) to be more protected.

If we had our team from the prime years 2017-2020 right now, we’d canter to a premiership. Dees and Pies have injuries and are done (might not make finals even). Swans are losing steam at the wrong time. Bummers… when the heat is on they will fold in straight sets. Carlton are CFL darlings but even with the hand of corruption are only 5 mins of footy away from a choke. Brisbane and Freo are real chances but MCG is foreign territory. sadly the Cats are probably a good chance at the flag despite fielding a team of old men

Looked like an accidental knock to the saints players nose. Certainly not worthy of a suspension. Maybe the bookies are carrying to much money on Heeney for the Brownlow. Would all the money bet on Heeney just go into the bookies pocket now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Heeney ends up with the most votes on Brownlow night to make the AFL look as incompetent as it already is.

You can have a player deliberately smack a bloke against the chops (Hogan) or another bloke go around and deliberately strike players in the guts (Butters) and the AFL say the force wasn't great here's a fine, but if you accidently cop someone high you cop a week LOL

Freo or giants for me pls. **** the swans wouldn’t hear the end of it from dad brother and best mate.

We hold Freos 2nd and 3rd pick.

They win the flag: 2nd = pick38, 3rd= 56
They finish 6th: 2nd = pick33, 3rd= 51
They finish 10th: 2nd= pick29, 3rd= 47
They finish 15th: 2nd= pick24, 3rd= 42

(The lowest they can possibly finish is 15th requiring them to lose every game and Crows to win 5/6 with big percentage boost or 6/6.)

Now all these picks will blow out with Academy, FS's, FA compo.
Thats a lot of variables to play out but I can't fathom how any Tigers supporter wants Freo to win the flag when everyone I know has been death riding them for best part of a year.

Picks 24 (785) & 42 (395) are worth total 1170 points.
Picks 38 (465) & 51(259) total 724 points

On points alone the difference between them winning the flag & dropping off is 446 points which equals pick 39 (1st pick in 3rd round)

Pick 39 will blow out but is potentially another Kane Mcauliffe type pick for free. Most likely though is valuable points that clubs like Blues, Bears, Adelaide, Port Adelaide will be desperate to get their hands on. All these extra points means more opportunities to wheel and deal giving us the most flexibility to land another top 10 pick or at least another 1st rounder.

So get fair dinkum. Next birthday wish, shooting star or dandelion make a wish that Freo 💩 the bed remainder of the season. Last week I was Nauseous watching the game seeing their % rise as ours fell.

The point is that Heeney's arguments could equally apply to Houli. They both weren't looking at their opponents, they were both trying to get separation, they both have incredibly clean records. Only difference is Houli got Lamb with a bit more force than Heeney did on Webster. I think both actions were careless, not intentional. Again the AFL have ruled on outcome, not intent. Crazy that Houli got 4 weeks and Heeney almost got off for what was essentially the same action, especially in a time now where the head is (supposed) to be more protected.

Watch the incidents again … chalk and cheese. Houli swung his arm upwards with great force… it’s no wonder the guy was knocked out on impact. Heeney shrugged downwards and accidentally clipped his nose only as Webster was leaning over.

IMO Houli should’ve got 3 weeks (based on that time) and Heeney should’ve got off.

It doesn’t change the fact the CFL appealing the 2-weeks when they’ve never done it before or since remains a disgrace.

Hate Collingwood and Geelong so much it would a pleasure to see them both choke.
Carlton and Swannies are irritating, but not to the same extent.
Can't ask for too much.
The season is a write-off but hopefully some consolations.
We finish at/near bottom and select FOS or Smillie to begin the rebuild project.
harley reid

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back