No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So each time the Appeals Tribunal finds an error of law, they are saying the Tribunal did not follow its own guidelines.

We saw it in the Cripps case now these two cases.

If the Tribunal cannot follow its own guidelines, then get people who can.

Or conspiracy theory....

Tribunal gets told if it finds a guilty verdict to make sure it makes an error of process in doing so, so the player can get off on appeal despite being guilty of the offence.

This organisation is very very bad.
I knew the AFL could get more embarrassing
And they continue to smash it out the park

Pure amateur league

AFL umpire (and apparent Horse Racing w***er) Nick Foot reckons they do train and all did a skills session last night at Marvel Stadium.
Given his umpiring ability I'm not sure they would've done much.

This is the whole issue with the sport. Why do the umps need skills training? Just throw the ball up and blow the whistle when there’s a free kick. That’s it.

So the decision for it not to be three weeks for those tackles is right but the way they got there was dumb

Just because the tribunal didn’t mention the risk of injury?

This is the whole issue with the sport. Why do the umps need skills training? Just throw the ball up and blow the whistle when there’s a free kick. That’s it.
They also throw the ball to each other when bringing the ball back to the centre after a goal. A very important skill for them to perfect.

I have zero doubt that if Bedford was a Richmond player he wouldn't have got off. Aside from the fact that Benny is weak as piss and wouldn't have appealed it to begin with. Another case where the health and safety of our players is treated with contempt.

I have zero doubt that if Bedford was a Richmond player he wouldn't have got off. Aside from the fact that Benny is weak as piss and wouldn't have appealed it to begin with. Another case where the health and safety of our players is treated with contempt.

"Likely to cause injury" strangely never gets left out of Tribunal decisions where Richmond players are charged, even when there is absolutely no injury(see Pickett v Moore, Pickett v Starcevich.) But somehow the Tribunal leaves any consideration of "likely to cause injury" out of these cases where players are concussed.

Last edited:
So Bedford gets off after concussing Taranto who will miss at least a week. Seems fair...

Yes and as I said on the main board the AFL have only let them off because of all the backlash they’ve copped this week from the media.

And they weren’t ‘perfect’ tackles either. In both cases someone is concussed and will miss at least one game. In a ‘perfect’ tackle no one is hurt.

"Likely to cause injury" strangely never gets left out of Tribunal decisions where Richmond players are charged, even when there is absolutely no injury(see Pickett v Moore, Pickett v Starcevich.) But somehow the Tribunal leaves any consideration of "likely to cause injury" out of these cases where players are concussed.
Don’t forget Dusty Vs GWS was the first time it ever was raised

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like I say the same thing all the time.

The entire way the sport is adjudicated is a joke. The rules, the umpiring, the inconsistency. It's never been worse. The game is actually not even that enjoyable to watch anymore.

Last edited:
I feel like I say the same thing all the time.

The entire was the sport is adjudicated is a joke. The rules, the umpiring, the inconsistency. It's never been worse. The game is actually not even that enjoyable to watch anymore.
NRL

yep, as much as I respect Benny , unfortunately he would stay quite.
He would not call our his afl honch mates.

Bedford should have got off, tackle was fine, Taranto was just a bit unlucky
You could say the same thing about so many other tackles this year that have resulted in suspension, though.

You could say the same thing about so many other tackles this year that have resulted in suspension, though.
The Sicily one from last year (I think) where the player fell over the legs of another is the most glaring.

Also on the whole "perfect tackle" thing. Same excuse was uttered years ago when Naitanui spear-tackled a player in the last minute of a game and got suspended. Crowd/Adam Simpson went nuts and said it was perfect. No it wasn't, it was a textbook spear tackle lmao

So the decision for it not to be three weeks for those tackles is right but the way they got there was dumb

Just because the tribunal didn’t mention the risk of injury?
they wanted theatre and views/clicks

thats how the cfl operate , prob million bucks difference if they just let him off on day one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back