No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Curnow red carpet treatment and the ability of Cripps to get every single line ball call of holding the ball his way can only be explained as bias. There is no other logical explanation.

The following is 100% true...

Most of the frees paid to Curnow would be paid 3/10 to most other forwards. (McKay excluded)

Cripps is able to drop it in a tackle or throw it and 7/10 opponents would be penalised (Pendles excluded)

Anyone that thinks otherwise is either a Carlton fan or an idiot. Quite possibly both

Stars getting the rub of the green and rival fans whinging about it has been going on forever.

People who believe that umpiring decisions are determined by a conspiracy between AFL executives and umpires are paranoid fantasists.

Every game has multiple players throwing the ball and questionable frees in marking contests. That you’re obsessed with Carlton and get worked up by people who don’t agree with your pathetic obsession is sad.

Carlton are so bloody soft. No one apart from Cripps has any mongrel in them at all. No anger, grunt or competitive spirit like we had with Rance, Jack, Grimes, Lynch, Nank etc

Until they have some arrogance and campaignery about them they won’t reach a granny
I hope Carlton won't win another premiership for another 100 years!

imagine we put out a puma heritage guernsey with traditional yellow

oh wait we cant cos we have green, red and blue sponsors on our jumper
Remember the black and yellow National storage above numbers logo , brilliant

The Curnow red carpet treatment and the ability of Cripps to get every single line ball call of holding the ball his way can only be explained as bias. There is no other logical explanation.

The following is 100% true...

Most of the frees paid to Curnow would be paid 3/10 to most other forwards. (McKay excluded)

Cripps is able to drop it in a tackle or throw it and 7/10 opponents would be penalised (Pendles excluded)

Anyone that thinks otherwise is either a Carlton fan or an idiot. Quite possibly both.
Last night a good comparison between the 2 Charlies. Curnow got cream, lube with free passes. Dixon just. Got reamed.

It's possible Carlton finish 5th and Essendon 8th. You know what that means. Elimination final.

Jim Carrey Chance GIF
If that’s the case I would rather Carlton win than lose the semi. Can’t have Essendon winning a final ;)

Stars getting the rub of the green and rival fans whinging about it has been going on forever … Every game has multiple players throwing the ball and questionable frees in marking contests.

I don’t doubt that this is true but, in relation to Charlie Curnow, I think there’s something that doesn’t pass the smell test because from 2016 to 2021, his frees for was 71 and against was 64 (a ratio of 1.10:1) but from 2022 to now, his frees for is 91 and against is 47 (a ratio of 1.94:1).

So either he’s massively changed his game or the umpires have massively changed their umpiring.

Or both. 🤷‍♂️

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t doubt that this is true but, in relation to Charlie Curnow, I think there’s something that doesn’t pass the smell test because from 2016 to 2021, his frees for was 71 and against was 64 (a ratio of 1.10:1) but from 2022 to now, his frees for is 91 and against is 47 (a ratio of 1.94:1).

So either he’s massively changed his game or the umpires have massively changed their umpiring.

Or both. 🤷‍♂️

Maybe he gets more attention from desperate defenders, or maybe umpires have an unconscious bias that favors stars. I honestly don’t know.

One thing I’m certain of is that there is no conspiracy between AFL C-suite execs and umpires to rig games.

Jaiyden Stephenson and Gary Rohan lining up against each other. The coaches are taking the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back