No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he gets more attention from desperate defenders, or maybe umpires have an unconscious bias that favors stars. I honestly don’t know.

One thing I’m certain of is that there is no conspiracy between AFL C-suite execs and umpires to rig games.

Maybe not a conspiracy but there is a push, it seems, to gradually remove physicality from the game and high-profile forwards such as Curnow are the beneficiaries of it. It’s a good point that defenders could be “desperate” but, in the games I’ve seen, they generally don’t seem to be doing a lot wrong.

Everyone get to the main board for the Saints vs bombers game and celebrate the demise of another Essendon season.

If they lose they will 9th to 11th by the end of the round 😃
Life's too precious to waste on Essendon though

Maybe not a conspiracy but there is a push, it seems, to gradually remove physicality from the game and high-profile forwards such as Curnow are the beneficiaries of it. It’s a good point that defenders could be “desperate” but, in the games I’ve seen, they generally don’t seem to be doing a lot wrong.
No doubt, the lawyers are doing everything they can to remove physical contact, while the AFL wants a fast-moving, high-scoring game.

No doubt, the lawyers are doing everything they can to remove physical contact, while the AFL wants a fast-moving, high-scoring game.
only problem is concussions,knee injuries,soft tissues are expoenetially off the charts due to an obsession in avoidance of contact

science will say taking out one component just adds stress to other areas n thats what my eyes are seeing,first thing amongst a plethora of troublesome hurdles the CFL needs to be rid of is the 'Stand' rule,next would be reducing interchange
they're just 2 amongst a host of changes required bc injuries n player unavailablity are at an all time high yet contact is being exorcised ? go figure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

only problem is concussions,knee injuries,soft tissues are expoenetially off the charts due to an obsession in avoidance of contact

science will say taking out one component just adds stress to other areas n thats what my eyes are seeing,first thing amongst a plethora of troublesome hurdles the CFL needs to be rid of is the 'Stand' rule,next would be reducing interchange
they're just 2 amongst a host of changes required bc injuries n player unavailablity are at an all time high yet contact is being exorcised ? go figure
reducing interchange even further?
surely the opposite.
5 man bench wont be far off.

interesting no club is using their full allocation of 75 interchanges.

No it's not.
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Everyone get to the main board for the Saints vs bombers game and celebrate the demise of another Essendon season.

If they lose they will 9th to 11th by the end of the round 😃
Bombers look like getting beat.

Bombers look very flat as if a steam train has hit them in slow motion, they are in mud I think and a bit of life has come to Saint Kilda. The Saints just look happy than the Bombers, I think the Bombers are on a slide that they have been trying to avoid subconsciously but cannot escape it

reducing interchange even further?
surely the opposite.
5 man bench wont be far off.

interesting no club is using their full allocation of 75 interchanges.
glad u pointed that out bout using less interchanges,
see this is one of many reasons the game doesnt need a 5 man interchange bench,too many n uneccessary fresh players,y are they needed ? for what reason ? could it be that theres too many injuries due to obsessing over no contact ? theres no data that suggests player fatigue is the cause of the increase in injuries n also clubs are using around 5 less interchanges than permitted these days 70/75,pull that back to 60,more interchange means more spuds playing,the games overcrowded with below average spuds as it is,all the data says the league has NOT got it right with all the changes,every injury is up so that says all is wrong,well probably not all but most

Bombers look like getting beat.

Bombers look very flat as if a steam train has hit them in slow motion, they are in mud I think and a bit of life has come to Saint Kilda. The Saints just look happy than the Bombers, I think the Bombers are on a slide that they have been trying to avoid subconsciously but cannot escape it
If they don’t win today, they have Freoo MCG next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back