No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just rewatched the highlights of the Melbourne Collingwood game, Jesus the pies got the benefit of some decisions didn’t they

Note to Darcy Moore as well: a footy oval is no place to practise swan lake

She might be busy working on ways to get Collingwood back in the finals next year. I'm sure the umps have had a dressing down.
Notice they're saying that Jeff Browne is heading to the AFL. He would never be able to control his Pies bias.
So it's dumb Laura and him - two Pie lovers calling the shots, while Dill just agrees to everything. God help the game.
everyone is allowed to go from clubland to the afl except benny gale

Yeh that’s like if i left my current employer for a different position. You don't just stay because its good for them lol.
stuff him, hes oppo now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All good things must come to an end at some stage. I think he stayed with us a year too long of anything.
yeah he fukt the club up this year

I can’t understand the Petracca hate

He’s watched his club pander to a clear group of druggos on the playing list likely for years and while you’re winning flags maybe you can put it behind you but it’s clearly affecting performance and everyone at Melbourne is acting like there’s no issue

Then the club puts him back on the field and nearly kills him and spends more time defending themselves in the media then checking if he’s actually still alive in the next couple of days after the incident

Melbourne is a rabble and it ain’t Petracca’s fault. That whole brand Petracca is just the club trying to stain him in the media to deflect from their own crap
If Petracca was at Richmond he would have had 6 team mates at his bedside when he woke up after surgery, another 6 the next day and all 42 at his house when he went home. It seems like the Melbourne players had an extended break and just scattered.
Based on Dusty’s recovery time Petracca is probably going to take most of next season to recover so on his money and at his age he is stuck at Melbourne. No wonder he **** off.

sad kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

Gale should have been shown the door when he accepted the Tasmanian job.

I can’t understand the Petracca hate

He’s watched his club pander to a clear group of druggos on the playing list likely for years and while you’re winning flags maybe you can put it behind you but it’s clearly affecting performance and everyone at Melbourne is acting like there’s no issue

Then the club puts him back on the field and nearly kills him and spends more time defending themselves in the media then checking if he’s actually still alive in the next couple of days after the incident

Melbourne is a rabble and it ain’t Petracca’s fault. That whole brand Petracca is just the club trying to stain him in the media to deflect from their own crap

I think it's pretty nuanced and there is a lot we don't know though what's 100% clear in my mind is how willing the club is to protect itself and throw Petracca under the bus and make him out to be the problem to protect their own brand. This whole Brand Petracca nonsense is a distraction to present him as self centred and worried about his image but something is rotten at that club and it's best for both if he moves on.

sad kyle broflovski GIF by South Park

Gale should have been shown the door when he accepted the Tasmanian job.
So if we had thrown out the best CEO in the AFL exactly who were we going to get to choose his replacement. All these media flogs who have been saying he should have been pushed out have never managed in a big organisation like a football club. Stop listening to them.

I think it's pretty nuanced and there is a lot we don't know though what's 100% clear in my mind is how willing the club is to protect itself and throw Petracca under the bus and make him out to be the problem to protect their own brand. This whole Brand Petracca nonsense is a distraction to present him as self centred and worried about his image but something is rotten at that club and it's best for both if he moves on.

Yeah I don’t think we all realise just how bad the injury was. I may be wrong but I have this feeling that he may never get back to the player he was.

Dusty was never the same after his kidney injury and Petracca may struggle also. Time will tell I guess.

Yeah I don’t think we all realise just how bad the injury was. I may be wrong but I have this feeling that he may never get back to the player he was.

Dusty was never the same after his kidney injury and Petracca may struggle also. Time will tell I guess.
The scary thing is the Melbourne medicos deemed him fit enough to go back on the field. You would have thought they would have diagnosed it worse than a winding or broken/bruised ribs. The guy had a ruptured spleen and punctured lung!

The scary thing is the Melbourne medicos deemed him fit enough to go back on the field. You would have thought they would have diagnosed it worse than a winding or broken/bruised ribs. The guy had a ruptured spleen and punctured lung!

It's the perfect storm of ineptitude I think with the Dees and the culture of the AFL and how it turns a blind eye to illicit drug use. Goodwin apparently big into gambling. The stuff with Oliver and how it feels they have just swept everything under the rug. Full on brand damage control. Petracca did still sign his monster contract for all those years so in some ways he should own up to that I suppose. The media have done well to get ahead of this though and paint him as being all about himself but in doing so seem to be helping him make his decision and if anything they are devaluing him. I think he will come back and never be the same player so it's probably better for Dees to let him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back