No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I canā€™t quite grasp how she can be related to Brendan Fevola!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sheā€™s a step daughter ;)

Wait it gets better. Apparently heā€™s also head of a church and part of his role there is to further causes some of which go against Essendon and the league šŸ¤£

This club canā€™t be serious

View attachment 1525548

That church has also likened abortion to concentration camps. Should go over well with their AFLW team.

Sheā€™s a step daughter ;)

That church has also likened abortion to concentration camps. Should go over well with their AFLW team.
So weā€™ve got coaches that pushed for players wives getting abortions against their will, now at the extreme other end of the spectrum a CEO whoā€™s day job is pushing for it to be illegal full stop also against peopleā€™s will

Wtf is actually going on.

So weā€™ve got coaches that pushed for players wives getting abortions against their will, now at the extreme other end of the spectrum a CEO whoā€™s day job is pushing for it to be illegal full stop also against peopleā€™s will

Wtf is actually going on.

My favourite part is heā€™s on the church board but had zero qualms ripping people off thru dodgy banking fees that provided zero services.

Although maybe the last part is good preparation for making Essendon members pay for zero wins (and zero morales and ethics).

how the f did geelol win the flag
What you are really asking is

How the **** did this corrupt amateur billion dollar sport get away the shit theyā€™ve committed over the last god how many years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Itā€™s not a conspiracy, they are facts:

1. SHocking introduced the stand rule without taking it via the rules committee or trialling it.

2. He did it as he noted how the best team of the era was able to stifle ball movement by aggressively manning the mark.

3. He is an ex-Geelong player who then moved to Geelong to work.

Donā€™t you find it amusing that regardless of motives no-one bats an eyelid at that ā€¦..

Itā€™s like an ex LA lakers player being GM of basketball in the NBA, but noting that the game was being overly dominated by 3-point shooting, (which coincidentally was the Achilles heel of the Lakers).

Then this GM of basketball bypasses the NBAā€™s rules committee and brings the 3-point line out a foot with no trial.

Then a year later this ex LA Lakers player goes back to work at the Lakers, who surprise surprise were now dominating as they were poor at 3-point shooting but dominant inside the paint.

They then win the NBA title in a canter.

The rules may have been introduced with good intentions, but if you find that an acceptable passage of monumental rule changes under such massive conflict of interest then I dips my lid to ya.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I shit you not, I'm pretty sure the Stand rule was trialled at a Geelong intraclub game no less.

I s**t you not, I'm pretty sure the Stand rule was trialled at a Geelong intraclub game no less.

The stand rule would have been Chris Scottā€™s idea. So he would have said to Hocking we have been working on it, come and have a look in our intra-club practice match, I think you will like it. Hocking would have said yep keep trialling it and if we like it we will introduce it just before the first practice match. It would have been something along those lines. Cats would have got a massive jump on the rest of the AFL but also would have been likely incorporating it in 2020 post season recruiting and planning etc. Thus they suddenly started recruiting a load of runners like Smith, Cameron, Holmes, Close, which was a departure from previous list management strategy.

It is a blight on the AFL they ever allowed conflicts of interest to play out in this fashion. And it is a huge stain on the Cats 2022 flag. If they didnā€™t want the stain on them, then conflicted people should have been removed from the loop.

Here's my take on the recent rule changes and how a lot of them were anti-Richmond.

1. 6-6-6 starting positions at centre bounces.
Of all teams, Richmond set up least in this formation. Fox Footy ran a stat that in 2018 prior to this rule coming in, the Tigers setup in 666 something like 3% of the time. This rule therefore theoretically affected us the most.

2. Kick-ins
After a point, the bloke kicking in has free rein to run a fair way and exit defence easily, compared to when you had to stay in the goalsquare. Who were the absolute masters at locking the ball in to our forward line and getting repeat entries? The Tigers. This rule meant that opposition could bypass our pressure/zone.

3. Prior opportunity at ruck contests
Rucks can now take the ball out of the ruck without being penalized HTB. This helped teams with strong rucks and penalized teams who were notorious for using hybrid rucks. Cough..Grigg..cough.

4. Stand.
Think we all know the bullshittery behind this dog of a rule.

There's some other rules that are just crap all round. The ruck nomination rule, protected area infringements, dissent to name a few.

Only half decent rule they brought in was stopping giving free kicks to players who raise/shrug their arm to draw high contact. Although the interpretation of this rule has been woefully applied, it's a good starting point.

Here's my take on the recent rule changes and how a lot of them were anti-Richmond.

1. 6-6-6 starting positions at centre bounces.
Of all teams, Richmond set up least in this formation. Fox Footy ran a stat that in 2018 prior to this rule coming in, the Tigers setup in 666 something like 3% of the time. This rule therefore theoretically affected us the most.

2. Kick-ins
After a point, the bloke kicking in has free rein to run a fair way and exit defence easily, compared to when you had to stay in the goalsquare. Who were the absolute masters at locking the ball in to our forward line and getting repeat entries? The Tigers. This rule meant that opposition could bypass our pressure/zone.

3. Prior opportunity at ruck contests
Rucks can now take the ball out of the ruck without being penalized HTB. This helped teams with strong rucks and penalized teams who were notorious for using hybrid rucks. Cough..Grigg..cough.

4. Stand.
Think we all know the bullshittery behind this dog of a rule.

There's some other rules that are just crap all round. The ruck nomination rule, protected area infringements, dissent to name a few.

Only half decent rule they brought in was stopping giving free kicks to players who raise/shrug their arm to draw high contact. Although the interpretation of this rule has been woefully applied, it's a good starting point.
The umpiring has been Discraceful, why? Becouse these bullshit rules have given them too much to think about, get rid of them and the umpiring will improve dramatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back