No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt sheedy hate walls and vice versa

yet walls is choosing the next druggies coach lmao 😂 the campaigner set us back 20 years when he was at rfc 😂

u cant make this s**t up

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them get these two guys to help them find a coach.

Walls is from an era where it was "My way or the Highway" and "Tail wagging the dog" and where players could look too happy with themselves.

He would have no idea about coaching in the modern age.

Jordan just gives the impression that he is a smart guy but what makes him a good judge of whether a person can coach based on a presentation.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them get these two guys to help them find a coach.

Walls is from an era where it was "My way or the Highway" and "Tail wagging the dog" and where players could look too happy with themselves.

He would have no idea about coaching in the modern age.

Jordan just gives the impression that he is a smart guy but what makes him a good judge of whether a person can coach based on a presentation.
So we got Walls from a different era deciding on a coach. Who the lead runners are an old boy who brought the club disgrace through systematic doping, or a dude that left a great list and went to Freo for the money, and has never won anything
Meanwhile senile old Sheeds had final say?

images.jpeg

Does anyone actually watch it? I saw the 2 highlights in the Blues v Pies game....🤣 3 goals to 5. Absolutely riveting stuff.
Seriously ? If you want to piss all over the girls playing footy semi professionally, you just make yourself look like a misunderstanding dick imo

EFA

Last edited:
I watched the aflw game tonight , wasn’t to bad getting a lot better than what it was , end of the day it’s only been going 7 years . They def go in hard at the ball and tackle hard , some if there skills aren’t great but needs more time I rekon.

Round 1 off an abbreviated pre season too. They will be rusty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their trying to get the aflx off the ground with juniors this off season.
Sending out email blasts to all registered coaches and clubs trying to keep ‘em in footy over the next 5 months
What do you meant trying, they already have it in the senior mens comp

Seriously ? If you want to piss all over the girls playing footy semi professionally, you just make yourself look like a misunderstanding dick. A small one.

Just being honest. It's hard to watch. I've got no problem with them having a crack. I don't enjoy watching sport that's semi professional though. It's not just AFLW I don't enjoy, it's 98% of women's sport.

Just being honest. It's hard to watch. I've got no problem with them having a crack. I don't enjoy watching sport that's semi professional though. It's not just AFLW I don't enjoy, it's 98% of women's sport.
The English womens football is ok

it's ok to not enjoy watching aflw. it doesn't mean you're a misogynist or wish them any harm.

not sure what its like this season as i don't watch it. i gave it a few go's in past years and my take was that because the kicks and handballs don't go as far, it ends up a very scrappy rolling maul.

nearly every disposal is under pressure which doesn't help with the skill level.
no question they go in hard and the skills will improve.

its raised some interesting questions about gender, sexuality, etc... or at least has slotted into the zeitgeist of outrage and cancel culture pervading the internet so joyously these days.

i heard a gay bloke on the radio the other day, he was from overseas, saying how he had no idea what was going on in aussie rules (mens) but he loves watching it cos of how hot some of the players are.

his female host agreed whole-heartedly with him that they both watch sports they are not otherwise into based on the hunkiness of the participants.

can you imagine some of the reactions to that conversation if both participants were hetero cis males discussing women's sport?

i found aflw boring and something a bit off with the suddenness of promotion and media hype... it seemed like a template was lowered over it and it was made to fit, long before the skills and wider interest in it would organically evolve such plaudits and presence on membership cards for example.

good on em, i sincerely wish them all the best. but i won't be watching for the skills and excitement, not for a while anyway.

although... some of em actually are pretty hot so i can always have a nice perve.

it's ok to not enjoy watching aflw. it doesn't mean you're a misogynist or wish them any harm.

not sure what its like this season as i don't watch it. i gave it a few go's in past years and my take was that because the kicks and handballs don't go as far, it ends up a very scrappy rolling maul.

nearly every disposal is under pressure which doesn't help with the skill level.

its raised some interesting questions about gender, sexuality, etc... or at least has slotted into the zeitgeist of outrage and cancel culture pervading the internet so joyously these days.

i heard a gay bloke on the radio the other day, he was from overseas, saying how he had no idea what was going on in aussie rules (mens) but he loves watching it cos of how hot some of the players are.

his female host agreed whole-heartedly with him that they both watch sports they are not otherwise into based on the hunkiness of the participants.

can you imagine some of the reactions to that conversation if both participants were hetero cis males discussing women's sport?

i found aflw boring and something a bit off with the suddenness of promotion and media hype... it seemed like a template was lowered over it and it was made to fit, long before the skills and wider interest in it would organically evolve such plaudits and presence on membership cards for example.

good on em, i sincerely wish them all the best. but i won't be watching for the skills and excitement, not for a while anyway.

although... some of em actually are pretty hot so i can always have a nice perve.
I actually think the grounds are too big, and too many players on the field

Agree, its fantastic they have their own competition and an avenue to play Aussie Rules at the highest level. But, what shits me is the mens game is well over 100 years old, its been forged over 10 decades into the elite competition it is.

The men have earned their money/fame over the course of a century, whereas the AFLW is 6 years, 7 seasons old.

The media hype is only pushing supporters away. I try every year to give it a crack, but after 2 weeks of the media calling them "Superstars of the game", "Elite Talent" and then the actual game/skill level getting dished up on game day ruins it.

I actually think the grounds are too big, and too many players on the field
it did give me the same impression.
definitely too many players around the ball. theres some sort of correlation between leg speed and kicking distance that stops the game being opened up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back