No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree, its fantastic they have their own competition and an avenue to play Aussie Rules at the highest level. But, what shits me is the mens game is well over 100 years old, its been forged over 10 decades into the elite competition it is.

The men have earned their money/fame over the course of a century, whereas the AFLW is 6 years, 7 seasons old.

The media hype is only pushing supporters away. I try every year to give it a crack, but after 2 weeks of the media calling them "Superstars of the game", "Elite Talent"
and then the actual game/skill level getting dished up on game day ruins it.
i agree. we even have a google ad creating some alternate reality where there was a womens league in the 50s.

the bolded part is part of the template i was trying to describe, its forced and imho does the women's game a disservice.

i agree. we even have a google ad creating some alternate reality where there was a womens league in the 50s.

the bolded part is part of the template i was trying to describe, its forced and imho does the women's game a disservice.
Give it 5 years until all the young Tigresses mature and we're taking the piss outta that comp too. The media will bin it quick smart.

Richmond success is the Anti-christ to the AFL and its media puppets.

Agree, its fantastic they have their own competition and an avenue to play Aussie Rules at the highest level. But, what shits me is the mens game is well over 100 years old, its been forged over 10 decades into the elite competition it is.

The men have earned their money/fame over the course of a century, whereas the AFLW is 6 years, 7 seasons old.

The media hype is only pushing supporters away. I try every year to give it a crack, but after 2 weeks of the media calling them "Superstars of the game", "Elite Talent" and then the actual game/skill level getting dished up on game day ruins it.
Not to mention a statue already.lol

Just had a look at the Weagles B&F results …. that club is in disarray …..look at the age of the top-10 when the 2023 season rolls around:

Barrass: 27
Hurn: 35
Kelly: 28
Darling: 30
Duggan: 26
Redden: 32
Shuey: 32
Cripps: 30
Jones: 24
Ryan: 26

Only one player under 26yo in the top-10 of a club that went 2-20…. and even then Jones only finished 9th.

Looking at their list the only player who has shown something close to elite qualities who is under 26yo is Oscar Allen. Hopefully for their sake there are some hidden gems on their list, because to me their future looks absolutely horrifying.

Trading out multiple top end picks for Tim Kelly is going to cripple that club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just had a look at the Weagles B&F results …. that club is in disarray …..look at the age of the top-10 when the 2023 season rolls around:

Only one player under 26yo in the top-10 of a club that went 2-20…. and even then Jones only finished 9th.

Looking at their list the only player who has shown something close to elite qualities who is under 26yo is Oscar Allen. Hopefully for their sake there are some hidden gems on their list, because to me their future looks absolutely horrifying.

I’m here for it.

it's ok to not enjoy watching aflw. it doesn't mean you're a misogynist or wish them any harm.

not sure what its like this season as i don't watch it. i gave it a few go's in past years and my take was that because the kicks and handballs don't go as far, it ends up a very scrappy rolling maul.

nearly every disposal is under pressure which doesn't help with the skill level.
no question they go in hard and the skills will improve.

its raised some interesting questions about gender, sexuality, etc... or at least has slotted into the zeitgeist of outrage and cancel culture pervading the internet so joyously these days.

i heard a gay bloke on the radio the other day, he was from overseas, saying how he had no idea what was going on in aussie rules (mens) but he loves watching it cos of how hot some of the players are.

his female host agreed whole-heartedly with him that they both watch sports they are not otherwise into based on the hunkiness of the participants.

can you imagine some of the reactions to that conversation if both participants were hetero cis males discussing women's sport?

i found aflw boring and something a bit off with the suddenness of promotion and media hype... it seemed like a template was lowered over it and it was made to fit, long before the skills and wider interest in it would organically evolve such plaudits and presence on membership cards for example.

good on em, i sincerely wish them all the best. but i won't be watching for the skills and excitement, not for a while anyway.

although... some of em actually are pretty hot so i can always have a nice perve.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion without be branded a misogynist. I guess then you don't like watching local footy where the skill level is low?

When AFLW started I thought it would be rubbish, but actually have enjoyed watching some of the games. Personally I think the standard is good, but I am not a real obsessive like some people on the forum. Don't know many of the women players number or when their draft pick was etc.
One thing for sure the women sing the team song much better than the blokes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest they have the worst list in the afl.

It may have and will.
However at the time they were in their premiership window and won it the year before the trade.
Kelly who had a super 2019 season wanted to come play for them. In my opinion you just get that trade done. You play to win premierships and if WC thought he was the piece to give them another shot, so be it.
Letting Geelong reem them so much with that trade however is another argument.

Not far behind.
eagles is better and they have a home ground advantage like the scats

prob 8-10 wins every year if they half pull their finger out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back