No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Cats' no more, henceforth, they shall be known as the Geelong Grimalkins.

From Wikipedia:

A grimalkin, also known as a greymalkin, is an archaic term for a cat.[1]

The term stems from "grey" (the colour) plus "malkin", an archaic term with several meanings (a low class woman, a weakling, a mop, or a name) derived from a hypocoristic form of the female name Maud.

From Dictionary.com:

noun

a cat.
an old female cat.
an ill-tempered old woman.

View attachment 1492466
Chris Scott is a bloody walking meme

damn this bye week is s**t, I know it gives the teams outside the top 4 a crack but it sure is s**t

might get kfc
Got two large pizzas. Gonna watch Dylan shiela play in the aflw

Finally, some proper journalism on the AFL website....

View attachment 1492559
The unedited version:
Homeblown zero: Cat's incredible rise from a failed abortion to some Geelong campaigner that ran past the ball to shoulder Dion Prestia in the head, in a calculated assault orchestrated by Chris Scott, who had identified Prestia as key to us winning the match and painted a target on his back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No EJ Whittens game this year.

I saw the early legends game when they started.

Richmond versus Carlton at Windy Hill in 1990 where we were trying to raise money. Got a bigger crowd than the VFA final played on the same day.

Im over them now guys who were born in that year are now playing in them.

it's ok to not enjoy watching aflw. it doesn't mean you're a misogynist or wish them any harm.

not sure what its like this season as i don't watch it. i gave it a few go's in past years and my take was that because the kicks and handballs don't go as far, it ends up a very scrappy rolling maul.

nearly every disposal is under pressure which doesn't help with the skill level.
no question they go in hard and the skills will improve.

its raised some interesting questions about gender, sexuality, etc... or at least has slotted into the zeitgeist of outrage and cancel culture pervading the internet so joyously these days.

i heard a gay bloke on the radio the other day, he was from overseas, saying how he had no idea what was going on in aussie rules (mens) but he loves watching it cos of how hot some of the players are.

his female host agreed whole-heartedly with him that they both watch sports they are not otherwise into based on the hunkiness of the participants.

can you imagine some of the reactions to that conversation if both participants were hetero cis males discussing women's sport?

i found aflw boring and something a bit off with the suddenness of promotion and media hype... it seemed like a template was lowered over it and it was made to fit, long before the skills and wider interest in it would organically evolve such plaudits and presence on membership cards for example.

good on em, i sincerely wish them all the best. but i won't be watching for the skills and excitement, not for a while anyway.

although... some of em actually are pretty hot so i can always have a nice perve.

might get a slab and watch afl womens

View attachment 1492176
I work as a carer for elderly folk, some are very anxious, re covid.
Just don't have the time to allocate to watch AFLW.
Freedom of choice.
I do watch women's cricket, women's soccer, something stinks, re AFL.
GCS were 0.1 in the final quarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back