No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think personally what will stifle Tassies bid for a team will be the in fighting by Tasmanians as to whether the team should be based in Launnie or Hobart. There was talk about splitting games between the two but that's not going to work financially, building or upgrading 2 stadiums for half a dozen games a year.
Like I said the opposition is coming from the North of Tas. Would Jackie Lambie be against it if a $750million stadium was slated for Launnie?

Last edited:
The roofed stadium is Gil's stipulation. Again putting the stadium in Launie (York Park) would create opposition from South Tassie (Hobart).
All the opposition at the moment in Tassie is from politicians from the north of Tassie. There is a big rivalry between Hobart and Launceston.
A Launie based stadium gets most of the states population home from the game at around 2.5 hours max (your good self a little longer?). Hobes games means NW coasters have an accom. bill added to their costs.
The Fed's should call the AFL out on the roof. They should regulate the sponsorship of the AFL if the AFL continue to refuse Tas entry into the competition via unreasonable conditions.
Aside from the above, the greater south still needs a multipurpose stadium that can hold 25-30k people. Mc Point is a great location.

I think personally what will stifle Tassies bid for a team will be the in fighting by Tasmanians as to whether the team should be based in Launnie or Hobart. There was talk about splitting games between the two but that's not going to work financially, building or upgrading 2 stadiums for half a dozen games a year.
Like I said the opposition is coming from the North of Tas. Would Jackie Lambie be against it if a $750million stadium was slated for Launnie?
They should build a new stadium half way between.

View attachment 1689996

The first rule of TV and radio is that the microphones are always live.

Even if the red light is off and you think it’s not being recorded, well, it usually is, and in the new era of podcasts the rule remains.

Last week one of Melbourne’s most experienced journalists broke that golden rule.

On her weekly appearance on the Age football podcast Caroline Wilson thought she was off-air when she made her feelings known about Geelong star Tom Stewart’s hit on Tiger Dion Prestia last year.

Caroline Wilson. Picture: Getty Images

Caroline Wilson. Picture: Getty Images

Wilson is a lifelong Richmond fan so she didn’t hold back in her description of Stewart’s bump which cost him a four-week suspension.

While we won’t go into the specifics of her outburst, let’s just say there was a mention of an animal when describing the act.

The problem for Wilson was the unedited version of her chat with colleagues Michael Gleeson and Jake Niall was initially downloaded.

Her spray went live into the podcast world for several hours before the mistake was identified much to the embarrassment of the Footy Classified panellist.

Luckily for Caro her faux pas is on the minor scale compared to some legendary stuff-ups in front of the microphone.

Newsreader Natasha Exelby was fired by the ABC after she was caught daydreaming live on-air and playing with her pen during a news broadcast.

And then there are numerous slips of the tongues which have gone on-air when they shouldn’t have.

TV legend Sandy Roberts is always remembered for introducing the then Miss Australia Leanne Dick as “Leanne utensil”.

Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy made a mistake on Fox Footy about the Gold Coast Suns in a clip that went viral.

caro one of us

called stewart a dog campaigner

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good old Jackie , the fish wife

What shits me is it was not a stipulation when GWS and GC joined the league they build a $750 million stadium, but is for Tassie. Although if it is to be built at McQuarrie point it would need to be done tastefully, its prime real estate on the waterfront close to central Hobart. The new stadium would only be part of the redevelopment of that area. And the opposition at the moment is not accounting for the growth in Hobart. Lots of mainlanders have been moving here the last 5 years or so and Hobart will only continue to grow IMO.
I think it’s more the AFL learning from the mistakes they made with GC and GWS as to why the stadium is a requirement. They’ve also now seen the benefits that have come from the Adelaide oval redevelopment and the new stadium in Perth and see that as what a new stadium in a prime location of Tassie could bring.

All the best to Clarkson, hope he works all that out.

Just listening to a Dylan Buckley podcast yesterday with Luke Hodge and Clarko sounds like an extremely intense coach.

One story relates to him punching himself in the head after a loss he blamed on himself.

As Hodgey tells it he hit himself so hard that took a couple of steps backwards and his eyes glazed over

One story relates to him punching himself in the head after a loss he blamed on himself.

As Hodgey tells it he hit himself so hard that took a couple of steps backwards and his eyes glazed over
Has the AFL enacted the concussion protocols as he maybe punch drunk from North Melbourne losses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back