No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently there is a mediation session next week and my guess on clarkosn is that there is such an apetitie for the afl to have this closed they are encourgaing clarko to admit he offended them or hurt them in some way "culturally insensitive conduct", do a minor apology some training and move on. There is no way the AFL (depsite the proccess being an independent panel) can have a finding that the families made it up or extremely exagerated incidents a week after indigneous round and clarko is faultless, they will get hammered for dismissing indigenous concerns and not providing an enviornemntt that supported them (whether thats fair is another story). Then i guess clarko has dug his heals in and taken leave whilst he escalates this to the courts, hard to coach and be involved in such a high profile case
They are tone deaf

Nah Launie regularly gets colder than Hobart. Like right now.
View attachment 1690063
View attachment 1690064

Wind chill factor is the major reason people (rightly, IMO) say Lonnie is warmer - it doesn't have a snow covered mountain right next to it or the freezing southern ocean for the wind to conspire with.

I remember working up in the Western Tiers decades ago, it hit -13C overnight, we went outside to see how bad it really was and all ended up in shorts and t-shirts because there wasn't a breath of wind. Makes all the difference.

Wind chill factor is the major reason people (rightly, IMO) say Lonnie is warmer - it doesn't have a snow covered mountain right next to it or the freezing southern ocean for the wind to conspire with.

I remember working up in the Western Tiers decades ago, it hit -13C overnight, we went outside to see how bad it really was and all ended up in shorts and t-shirts because there wasn't a breath of wind. Makes all the difference.
I live in the Huon Valley, coldest I've seen it here is -5°C. I think it's cos I'm in a valley but it's rarely windy here. When you get those clear blue days and icy temps with no wind it's quite spectacular scenery when snow is on the mountains tops.

Are north still on the hook for Clarko 1mil whilst he is on leave, thats going to sting the soft cap

Makes more sense why they want a roof. Shudder remembering that game 6 years ago where the temperature was so low there was ice on the ground, and I think Morris slipped and did a severe season ending hammy or something, and of course we got flogged.

If Clarkson comes back against Richmond and the North players ‘get up for him’ I may lose it. Why do they seem to find reasons to make our games ‘must wins’?

It’s a serious possibility given that Noble and that interim coach after him both debuted against us. That player coming back after the Bali bombing was against us, and the first Bellerive Oval night game was against us. I’d rather us have a low key game where he’s already back ages ago or is yet to return.

If Clarkson comes back against Richmond and the North players ‘get up for him’ I may lose it. Why do they seem to find reasons to make our games ‘must wins’?

It’s a serious possibility given that Noble and that interim coach after him both debuted against us. That player coming back after the Bali bombing was against us, and the first Bellerive Oval night game was against us. I’d rather us have a low key game where he’s already back ages ago or is yet to return.

We don’t play them to second last round or something. He won’t come back that week. Either before or not at all

You know, I know, we all know the drill..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live in the Huon Valley, coldest I've seen it here is -5°C. I think it's cos I'm in a valley but it's rarely windy here. When you get those clear blue days and icy temps with no wind it's quite spectacular scenery when snow is on the mountains tops.

Around all the grey and freezing, those clear blue Tassie winter days and all the beautiful scenery make it all worth it. You have to go to a thin wedge of northern Europe, Russia, Canada or Patagonia latitudes to get that similar deep blue sky and amazing light.

You're in one of the best parts of it there, mate, God's country. :thumbsu:

I really fell for a property at Upper Molesworth years ago. 2 x 65HA lots both with their own title, one had a decent sized two-storey, really pretty 3bdr wooden cabin with big porches and a deck upstairs. The bit that made my jaw drop most was the 1 acre, fully covered greenhouse attached to the back where they were growing bananas and other tropical fruit a long way up a mountain! All power and heating for everything came off a micro-hydro system from your own permanent creek, had a big dam out the front with trout and platypus in it, and on a clear day you could see to the ocean over the Haartz mountain range.

You'd only leave home when you were forced to. :D

Makes more sense why they want a roof. Shudder remembering that game 6 years ago where the temperature was so low there was ice on the ground, and I think Morris slipped and did a severe season ending hammy or something, and of course we got flogged.

Reckon they'd have to compromise the seating a fair bit to make an indoor stadium work anywhere in Tassie, Hobart especially. There's just not enough sunny daylight hours in winter to let the ground recover and the team actually train on it (not to mention events) if you had that ideal seating angle like Marvel.

More than likely that would be overlooked and it would turn into the same bad surface saga Marvel was when it was first built, Eagle Farm racetrack etc. where the most important consideration of all - the turf the sport is conducted on - ends up somewhere near the back of the line when it comes to priorities.

Did it snow down there last year? At ground level?

Did it snow down there last year? At ground level?
Nah hasn't snowed at sea level since I've been here (2017). Apparently it did the year I moved down. Snows on the hills plenty during winter. July/August is usually coldest. No snow on the mountains at the moment, well non visible from my place.

Around all the grey and freezing, those clear blue Tassie winter days and all the beautiful scenery make it all worth it. You have to go to a thin wedge of northern Europe, Russia, Canada or Patagonia latitudes to get that similar deep blue sky and amazing light.

You're in one of the best parts of it there, mate, God's country. :thumbsu:

I really fell for a property at Upper Molesworth years ago. 2 x 65HA lots both with their own title, one had a decent sized two-storey, really pretty 3bdr wooden cabin with big porches and a deck upstairs. The bit that made my jaw drop most was the 1 acre, fully covered greenhouse attached to the back where they were growing bananas and other tropical fruit a long way up a mountain! All power and heating for everything came off a micro-hydro system from your own permanent creek, had a big dam out the front with trout and platypus in it, and on a clear day you could see to the ocean over the Haartz mountain range.

You'd only leave home when you were forced to. :D

Reckon they'd have to compromise the seating a fair bit to make an indoor stadium work anywhere in Tassie, Hobart especially. There's just not enough sunny daylight hours in winter to let the ground recover and the team actually train on it (not to mention events) if you had that ideal seating angle like Marvel.

More than likely that would be overlooked and it would turn into the same bad surface saga Marvel was when it was first built, Eagle Farm racetrack etc. where the most important consideration of all - the turf the sport is conducted on - ends up somewhere near the back of the line when it comes to priorities.
I have not seen the plan for the type of roof for the proposed stadium - fixed or retractable? Money proposed suggest fixed. If so, grasd and ground condition will be an in the spotlight re soft tissue injuries as per your post. My fear is that a roofed stadium is built and the surface is the deemed unsafe with complex and ongoing repair needed. A white elephant.

I have not seen the plan for the type of roof for the proposed stadium - fixed or retractable? Money proposed suggest fixed.

That was my assumption, but I also assumed they'd go down the road of retractable if it was seriously proposed. As you say, they're asking for trouble otherwise.

The annoying thing about all this is if you got the government, the big construction companies who are the only ones allowed to tender, the corporate engineers - all of them out of the way and left it to Tasmanian volunteers to build the stadium, they'd get it done for a fraction of the cost (which everyone was happy with) and it would be the safest, most beautiful stadium in the world.

25K members could supply their own preferred comfortable seats.

Get creative...keep the ground dry using intertwining tarps made of giant kelp strands, suspended by 4 zeppelins which also dispense sky chilled beers to the crowd via strategically placed pneumatic tubes.

But no, we'll get yet another bland, uncomfortable, poorly designed dump, pay a king's ransom for the privilege and be grudgingly grateful that it's better than nothing.

I have not seen the plan for the type of roof for the proposed stadium - fixed or retractable? Money proposed suggest fixed. If so, grasd and ground condition will be an in the spotlight re soft tissue injuries as per your post. My fear is that a roofed stadium is built and the surface is the deemed unsafe with complex and ongoing repair needed. A white elephant.
Looks to be retractable by artists impressions.
images (9).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back