No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably not the correct thread for this but I wasn’t sure where to post it.

I don’t know if any of you watched ‘The Back Page’ tonight on Foxtel but I did and I got so damn angry during the AFL segment that I nearly threw my glass through the tv.

Ryan Fitzgerald, who I usually find fairly amusing, spoke about Collingwood and went on to say how good they are and how their style of play is really exciting to watch. I just about choked on my wine.

In my view their ‘style’ is almost a replica of how we play, yet when we were winning flags it was all ‘State of the Game’ and rules were brought in to try and counteract us. All the so-called experts criticised us and said we were terrible to watch. But somehow when the Pies play like that it’s exciting.

Bloody annoys the hell out of me
I think the problem was that we didn't fade away after 2017.

Everyone knows Collingwood exists to lose Grand Finals so they are not threatened.

You’re spot on there MR, particularly your first paragraph. Why don’t we have any people of influence in high places?
Another intriguing question asked!
Being a large Melbourne AFL Club with one of the biggest current memberships and Premiership success.
Why has the RFC brand/influence/supporters/people/sponsors/champion players and Coaches not translated into a larger media impact...or AFL hierarchy?!?
I mean the scatters are really not that big in numbers (not like us) but very big in AFL/Media influence?!?
And really when you think about it are holding steady with that influence, not waning!
It's not like Club influence at AFL HQ wanes and waxes with different clubs/brands either, it seems to me pretty settled/entrenched with both Wobbles and Scatters way out in front! Scott Bros as both Coaches, Huddo, Wheately, Shocking, Triplechins, Malthouse, Bucks...
We had K.B, Richo and the frontbar! Possibly Brendan Gale...for a so called big traditional AFL Club we seem to act like minnows...and get treated as such!

This is probably not the correct thread for this but I wasn’t sure where to post it.

I don’t know if any of you watched ‘The Back Page’ tonight on Foxtel but I did and I got so damn angry during the AFL segment that I nearly threw my glass through the tv.

Ryan Fitzgerald, who I usually find fairly amusing, spoke about Collingwood and went on to say how good they are and how their style of play is really exciting to watch. I just about choked on my wine.

In my view their ‘style’ is almost a replica of how we play, yet when we were winning flags it was all ‘State of the Game’ and rules were brought in to try and counteract us. All the so-called experts criticised us and said we were terrible to watch. But somehow when the Pies play like that it’s exciting.

they need umpies to be up there we didnt

why dont they start umpiring them like Richmond during the dynasty and see how good they are ?

Being a large Melbourne AFL Club with one of the biggest current memberships and Premiership success.
Why has the RFC brand/influence/supporters/people/sponsors/champion players and Coaches not translated into a larger media impact...or AFL hierarchy?!?
I mean the scatters are really not that big in numbers (not like us) but very big in AFL/Media influence?!?
And really when you think about it are holding steady with that influence, not waning!
It's not like Club influence at AFL HQ wanes and waxes with different clubs/brands either, it seems to me pretty settled/entrenched with both Wobbles and Scatters way out in front! Scott Bros as both Coaches, Huddo, Wheately, Shocking, Triplechins, Malthouse, Bucks...
We had K.B, Richo and the frontbar! Possibly Brendan Gale...for a so called big traditional AFL Club we seem to act like minnows...and get treated as such!
Don't forget Jack Dyer. Caro. Warner( slapped because he rails against the establishment).
It's not the chosen path of the Tigers faithful. Dyer / Richmond used to use the term derogatory term "silvertails" in the media for the influencer clubs. "The Grammer School Boys".
Richmond and Collingwood traditionally are the working class street fighters.The masses that often clashed with the AFL. The Graeme Richmond / Hafey era fed on the early Richmond struggles to push us vs them mentalities. This continues,
The Wobbles changed their corporate tack, largely under Machins, essentially a media street fighter. High end Lexus and Lawyers to add to the the working class supporter base.

This question made me wonder about the origins of using campaigner as a word for you know what.

Is it a big footy invention or was it adopted by big footy?
Chief

Yes JAK, and several Cat supporting Victorian Premiers in the last 25 years (Bracks, Baillieu, Napthine) to lock in funding for their crappy ground.

I've still got the Jeff Hook cartoon from that day!
View attachment 1688778
I was there that day had to sit top deck of the Olympic stand
It was that big a crowd b4 the game they ran out of coca cola,,first and only time I tried diet coke ( disgusting)

Difference is we are hated. Pies are well liked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ryan Fitzgerald is just a bald kook who thinks because he heard Nirvana on the radio once it makes him a gen x intellectual.

I reckon they get on the piss bigtime. Both look like full on alchos.
View attachment 1687867
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Horror GIF by filmeditor

The Pies are liked? Good God, why??
When did this happen? Why would anyone other than their own supporters like them? s**t I must have been asleep at the wheel for the last 25 years
I think some people have put them in the same category as the Saints, a pathetic no hoper bunch that perennially underperforms, especially in grand finals and an object of pity. Rather than the decrepit bunch of thriving racist umpire knob polishers that they are.

I think some people have put them in the same category as the Saints, a pathetic no hoper bunch that perennially underperforms, especially in grand finals and an object of pity. Rather than the decrepit bunch of thriving racist umpire knob polishers that they are.

LOL, if I could have given your post 50 likes I would have.

I think the problem was that we didn't fade away after 2017.

Everyone knows Collingwood exists to lose Grand Finals so they are not threatened.

don't we have more flags in the last 6 years than colonwood has since ww2 ?

if they win one then look like winning another people will start hating them too like you said

but they don't win flags so will continue to be media darlings and cringey oppos will say "can't help but enjoy watching colonwood" etc

Looks like Tassie going down the tube
Why would anyone build a brand-new covered stadium in Hobart when the stadium they have is well suited for the crowds they will draw. Spend a $100M on a fixed clear roof over the existing stadium and save $650M. Amazingly I have not heard the afl or the politicians or the media ask "Is there a less expensive way of achieving their goals? If the money came out of these genius's pockets; Tasmania would be lucky to get a free football.

Why would anyone build a brand-new covered stadium in Hobart when the stadium they have is well suited for the crowds they will draw. Spend a $100M on a fixed clear roof over the existing stadium and save $650M. Amazingly I have not heard the afl or the politicians or the media ask "Is there a less expensive way of achieving their goals? If the money came out of these genius's pockets; Tasmania would be lucky to get a free football.
wonder if jackie lambie will go to the footy when they make it since she said shove your stadium up your bumb

guarantee she will be there

don't we have more flags in the last 6 years than colonwood has since ww2 ?

if they win one then look like winning another people will start hating them too like you said

but they don't win flags so will continue to be media darlings and cringey oppos will say "can't help but enjoy watching colonwood" etc

This is a flabbergasting stat. They have 1 more than St Kilda over the same period yet they’re supposedly the biggest club in the land. There’s some serious Charles Manson child abuse brain washing going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back