No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why has Oleg Markov been well suited to Collingwoods current side but struggled in ours? Considering their game plan is similar to ours when we were at our peak?
Was it just inexperience? Did we pull the trigger on him too early? Or did the club think we already had players at the club ahead of him?
I think he has been pretty ordinary for them. Sometimes players just look good in a winning team when they really aren't. Townsend for us as an example.

In terms of the other teams, hope an interstate team wins the flag.
Will crush the Mighty Pies' spirit.
Taylor Adams says the Magpie Army sound is surreal.

You mean fixed?
Yeah, but in theirs everyone knows going in.

I also meant the mechanics of the game. Our commentators you would swear were only told how the sport works an hour before the game.

are you a masochist
A little bit. I had nothing better to do and an AFL membership.

It's driven me to drink for the first time in since the dreamtime game though.

I'm at hawks vs Norf. Footy Is really in a bad place. 3 goals 13 is atrocious.
Maybe controversial opinion, but it is a 1 nation game, with only a few million men even with the potential to play in it. As a foreigner, I love AFL, but I understand the talent isn't going to be as high as a global sport. Wages reflect the standard of player.

In terms of the other teams, hope an interstate team wins the flag.
Will crush the Mighty Pies' spirit.
Taylor Adams says the Magpie Army sound is surreal.
Which interstate sides could do it. I still believe Port regardless of last night and Bris well who knows?

Maybe controversial opinion, but it is a 1 nation game, with only a few million men even with the potential to play in it. As a foreigner, I love AFL, but I understand the talent isn't going to be as high as a global sport. Wages reflect the standard of player.
Don't get me wrong I love the game too. I live and breathe footy. I just don't remember there being a time where the crap teams where really crap like this.

Don't get me wrong I love the game too. I live and breathe footy. I just don't remember there being a time where the crap teams where really crap like this.

I remember some of the Footscray/St Kilda/Fitzroy games through the 80's were definitely this bad and worse, especially the wet days.

CCJ looks a shadow of the player he was with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember some of the Footscray/St Kilda/Fitzroy games through the 80's were definitely this bad and worse, especially the wet days.

CCJ looks a shadow of the player he was with us.
I was born in 1990 so I missed the time that was the 80s

I was born in 1990 so I missed the time that was the 80s

You really didn't miss much. :D

I was a little kid watching some of those 80's games, but I still vividly remember some hideous scorelines, mud fests and sides where at least a dozen blokes had dodgy skills on a dry day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back