No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XXXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they are actually that stupid to think the slightly larger crowds than 2019 is because of the stand rule and other rule changes that have apparently made the game a better spectacle

the slightly higher crowds are because its the first season following covid that has has had no restrictions on ticketing

it's opened up the play and allowed for faster ball movement - simple.
Steve Hocking said in his own words that a lot of pressure comes from a player being able to move laterally on the mark, so for a team whose system was built around pressure we weren't able to apply our customary pressure after the rule change. We put too much pressure on Geelong in that 2020 GF for Hocking's liking. You see when we "raised the fight" we were stopping Geelong from moving the ball as quickly as Hocking would've liked them to, so really all he could do was take some heat out the kitchen.

We had no problem moving the ball quickly, in fact we were the best at it, here's how David King saw Richmond before the stand rule,

“Giving up clearance advantage to the opposition, not getting consumed by having to win every ball, but when you win it, you’re gone.”
it's the whining bullshit that it's the reason for our change in fortune that gets up my nose.
When you can't play the way you used to it changes things. Even the supporters of 17 other teams have mocked the Tigers for not being able to adapt to the rule change, or, as I say, not being able to fix something that wasn't broke.

Steve Hocking said in his own words that a lot of pressure comes from a player being able to move laterally on the mark, so for a team whose system was built around pressure we weren't able to apply our customary pressure after the rule change. We put too much pressure on Geelong in that 2020 GF for Hocking's liking. You see when we "raised the fight" we were stopping Geelong from moving the ball as quickly as Hocking would've liked them to, so really all he could do was take some heat out the kitchen.

We had no problem moving the ball quickly, in fact we were the best at it, here's how David King saw Richmond before the stand rule,

“Giving up clearance advantage to the opposition, not getting consumed by having to win every ball, but when you win it, you’re gone.”

When you can't play the way you used to it changes things. Even the supporters of 17 other teams have mocked the Tigers for not being able to adapt to the rule change, or, as I say, not being able to fix something that wasn't broke.
afl saw that we were gonna have a 5 flag dynasty playing that way and melted down bigtime

Not going to pot an oppo player just for the sake of it but has to be top 5 most overrated in the league. Takes 1 big mark and kicks 1 goal a game
Personally i think he's a better defgender than a fwd.
He's no Lynch up fwd thats for sure.
Bit hit or miss type.

Melbourne are becoming Melbourne again, The stars aligned for 21
81lxpw.gif

If King was referring to 2017.

King saw our game as "giving up clearance advantage... not winning every ball."

To me it suggests a game plan where we planned to lose clearances , I guess by being outnumbered at the clearances but have an outnumber behind the ball.
I think this was how we set up.

By the finals we had ditched Elton or Griffiths and went with Caddy, Jack R and 3 smalls
I'm not sure which asst coach deserved credit. It felt a bit Geelong esqu to me.
2018 rolls around and its the Whateley's state of the game crisis. Can't score. Coaches have got too successful in having arm wrestle games
Jeez a think fest with every stake holder. Needed a massive intervention.
Wow I thought.. RFC had just started making finals 2013 onwards. We had a good list, but I didn't think we'd recover and 2016. Horrific football. But a review and new assts. And Balme.
As soon as the radical rule changes were not even trialled, just knew the AFL did not really care.

so the new kick in rule robbed RFC of one of its small fwds pressure points, ditto 666.

but we win 2 flags in this new regime.

RFC had the highest free kick against stats this whole time up until 2020. It felt like strategy

2021 The problem with the stand rule was our 50m penalties conceded.
Ditto the dissent rule. Somehow we make the 8 in 2022.
23 ~ disaster

Anyhow umps have backed on both of the dissent and stand.

See how we go next year

Last edited:
they are actually that stupid to think the slightly larger crowds than 2019 is because of the stand rule and other rule changes that have apparently made the game a better spectacle

the slightly higher crowds are because its the first season following covid that has has had no restrictions on ticketing
that and collingwood are good so their fans are showing up

The Collingwood B&F is on every year. Why have Foxtel only chosen to show it to their supporters this year?

Surely they're not suggesting the Collingwood supporters are bandwagoners?
AFL directive

god help us. you are entitled to put the view the game has changed. i think for the better. you don't. i repeat, there have been a multiplicity of reasons for our decline. to put that the stand rule has been the only one, or the major one, is to display a poor grasp of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If King was referring to 2017.
It was in a SEN article in 2021, I think after that Collingwood game, the one where they kicked 7 goals in the last quarter to overrun us. He saw we weren't the same but expected us to be back in 2022, we made the finals but had so many close losses that I don't think we have without the stand rule.

Even that Collingwood fan Fadge says that we were the only strong team from '17 to '20, so I believe that the AFL taking something from us is the sole reason fans are now talking about this even competition when the reality is they're the same weak teams from before the stand rule. This is my opinion. Less pressure in the game didn't suit the Mighty Tigers.
god help us. you are entitled to put the view the game has changed. i think for the better. you don't. i repeat, there have been a multiplicity of reasons for our decline. to put that the stand rule has been the only one, or the major one, is to display a poor grasp of the game.
I don't agree with this.

Anyone who think's that this seasons top 4 was somehing to write home about, or that the game has never been better, is taking his cues from the sycophant AFL media, and to me that's a person that has a poor grasp on how the rule change has affected Richmond's raising the fight.

What the hell is happening at the Dogs ATM? Talks of them trading picks 10,17 and a F1 to the sun's for pick 4 (which will most likely be pick 5 if kangaroos gets compo for McKay)
Add this to Naughton mega deal, you have to wonder if the dogs are panicking.

Our supporters melt over the Taranto and Hopper deals last year, this would be an atom bomb on our boards.

What the hell is happening at the Dogs ATM? Talks of them trading picks 10,17 and a F1 to the sun's for pick 4 (which will most likely be pick 5 if kangaroos gets compo for McKay)
I think they would lose some of those picks after a bid on Croft so they want to get ahead of where he’d be selected

Also the AFL giving away thousands of free tickets to matches this year, including free kids tickets for a 4 week patch in the middle of the year. Of course people are going to go.

Our supporters melt over the Taranto and Hopper deals last year, this would be an atom bomb on our boards.

Horribly mismanaged club.
They are stuck with Beveridge for two more years because they panicked - or he pressured them - into giving an extension.
Just made the same mistake with Naughton.

Average age of top-10 in B&F:

Geelong: 30.00
Richmond: 27.91
Dogs: 27.29
Saints: 26.24
Sydney: 25.98
GC: 25.96
Essendon: 25.68

Here is average age of top-7:

Dogs: 28.6
Geelong: 28.06
Richmond: 26.88
Saints: 26.43
GC: 25.54
Essendon: 25.26
Sydney: 25.18

So there’s really not a problem with our age profile despite what Karen Cornes tries to spruik.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Average age of top-10 in B&F:

Geelong: 30.00
Richmond: 27.91
Dogs: 27.29
Saints: 26.24
Sydney: 25.98
GC: 25.96
Essendon: 25.68

Here is average age of top-7:

Dogs: 28.6
Geelong: 28.06
Richmond: 26.88
Saints: 26.43
GC: 25.54
Essendon: 25.26
Sydney: 25.18

So there’s really not a problem with our age profile despite what Karen Cornes tries to spruik.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Haven't had collingwoods yet, they're ****ing ancient

Reckon Darcy Moore would be a miserable campaigner behind doors. The fake smiling all the time in public would be exhausting. Like Krusty the Clown

You are joklng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back