No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATIONS XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have no problem with norf keeping the Good Friday match. It just can’t be against st Kilda or western bulldogs. I doubt the three of them would fill out the stadium if all three of them played at once. If norf are so desperate for it, bite the bullet and give them the game against Essendon. At least their fans turn out for games.

Not going to happen norf, not in 2019 anyway, as i explained earlier easter weekend is a few days before anzac day in 2019. AFL has noticed this which is why they have expressed fake concerns, it will be pies-tigers on easter thursday and dees-bombers on good friday, because if they dont do this at least two teams are going into anzac eve/day with a huge rest advantage.

The only other way it can be done is Richmond on easter thursday and i say this is a near certainty with dees-roos on good friday and then pies- bombers play on the saturday for equal rest.

I think the AFL will go with my earlier scenario.

I have no problem with norf keeping the Good Friday match. It just can’t be against st Kilda or western bulldogs. I doubt the three of them would fill out the stadium if all three of them played at once. If norf are so desperate for it, bite the bullet and give them the game against Essendon. At least their fans turn out for games.

The AFL need to subsidise the game for a while. Free to get in /donations (not to Norf lol) Fill the stadium.

If they need to get sponsors on board to do that then they should. Naming rights for the game. Maybe move it to 7pm with a curtain raiser.

Couldn't care less who plays the game but it makes sense to have low drawing teams. Alternate Norf v Dogs/Saints.

As some others have mentioned - Having no game on Good friday is stupid. I couldn't give a rats fat arse about peoples religious beliefs.
Their self importance is laughable. The hypocrites don't have to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"We've worked for about 30 years on building the opportunity to play on Good Friday. The club has done a power of work, both in campaigning for the game and then in doing a lot of work to make sure that we build our partnership with the Royal Children's Hospital, to make it a big event," Scott said

So #lolnorf have been building this game since 1988

Double #lolnorf

It wont be against collingwood essendon melbourne or us due to easter sometimes backing onto anzac day.

As some others have mentioned - Having no game on Good friday is stupid. I couldn't give a rats fat arse about peoples religious beliefs.
Their self importance is laughable. The hypocrites don't have to watch.
That's it.

Hard to resist if true.
They were poised to go the extra mile and throw in a pack of double coat Tim Tams, but luckily the Snickers were enough.

The lolnorf accountant can breathe easier.

"We've worked for about 30 years on building the opportunity to play on Good Friday. The club has done a power of work, both in campaigning for the game and then in doing a lot of work to make sure that we build our partnership with the Royal Children's Hospital, to make it a big event," Scott said

So #lolnorf have been building this game since 1988

giphy (5).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back