No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATIONS XI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wont be against collingwood essendon melbourne or us due to easter sometimes backing onto anzac day.
I was just trying to think of a high-drawing Etihad tenant, maybe Carlton then?

The AFL need to subsidise the game for a while. Free to get in /donations (not to Norf lol) Fill the stadium.

If they need to get sponsors on board to do that then they should. Naming rights for the game. Maybe move it to 7pm with a curtain raiser.

Couldn't care less who plays the game but it makes sense to have low drawing teams. Alternate Norf v Dogs/Saints.

As some others have mentioned - Having no game on Good friday is stupid. I couldn't give a rats fat arse about peoples religious beliefs.
Their self importance is laughable. The hypocrites don't have to watch.

1) I know #Lolnorf were giving away heaps of free tickets last year to get numbers at the game. I took a group of U8's to play Auskick at half time and for our little group alone they gave us 50 tickets for friends and families... Was actually hard to give away to be honest

2) They won't make it a night game as to not mess with the Good Friday appeal, I'm pretty sure that the GFA get a majority of their donations from late afternoon into the early evening, so if they lost that airspace to the footy coverage, the appeal suffers (so nothing religious in the timeslot decision)

3) To be fair, I don't care what others beliefs are either, but the fact you get public holidays at Easter and Xmas (and I assume you take the days off like the rest of us) due to Australia being a country based on catholic beliefs, means you have to show some empathy to their views. But your right, if they don't agree, they don't have to watch. **Happy to note I am a catholic and I have zero issues with footy on Good Friday, in fact I support it 100%**

Next year we should have the Tigers take part in a triple header on Good Friday.

Tigers VFLW followed by..
Tigers VFL followed by..
Tigers AFL.

Fill the MCG. Massive donation to RCH.

Tigers save the day...again.

Next year we should have the Tigers take part in a triple header on Good Friday.

Tigers VFL followed by..
Tigers AFL.

Then a concert at night with Jack on vocals. Jack Graham that is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then a concert at night with Jack on vocals. Jack Graham that is.

Brilliant.

Richo to hand over the cheque to the Good Friday Appeal so we can get the "Richo" chant going again.

Let's tell the AFL that our board will take over the scheduling of events on Good Friday. We will do a brilliant job.

1) I know #Lolnorf were giving away heaps of free tickets last year to get numbers at the game. I took a group of U8's to play Auskick at half time and for our little group alone they gave us 50 tickets for friends and families... Was actually hard to give away to be honest

2) They won't make it a night game as to not mess with the Good Friday appeal, I'm pretty sure that the GFA get a majority of their donations from late afternoon into the early evening, so if they lost that airspace to the footy coverage, the appeal suffers (so nothing religious in the timeslot decision)

3) To be fair, I don't care what others beliefs are either, but the fact you get public holidays at Easter and Xmas (and I assume you take the days off like the rest of us) due to Australia being a country based on catholic beliefs, means you have to show some empathy to their views. But your right, if they don't agree, they don't have to watch. **Happy to note I am a catholic and I have zero issues with footy on Good Friday, in fact I support it 100%**

Yeah being in Sydney we don't get/hear about the appeal. I was young when I moved up but thought it was a morning thing - obviously not.

I work for myself so often work on holidays if I feel the need to. Sorry but I have zero empathy for Catholic views or any other religion at all being an Atheist.

Rugby has been played in Sydney on Good Friday for years and I don't think anyone batters an eyelid. Why? Well a lot of people don't follow the rugby anyway and are too busy living their lives to worry about what others are doing. For whatever reason it has been an issue in Victoria, not Sin City.

Tigers VFL followed by..
Tigers AFL.

HappyCryingEmoji.jpg

This is the thing Norfies don’t understand. They’ve been given “marquee” games before (remember the Eureka Game?). They never last though because #lolnorf play garbage football and fail to draw a crowd. They’ve been punted from Good Friday after 2 years; Norf are a disgrace.

Not quite

Eureka was a dud idea, BUT norf didnt help matters. First year we were the host, and did a bunch of stuff to promote it and had a lame arse pregame parade. Next year norf hosted, and did sfa. They just figured the afl and richmond would do the work

Again last year, rumours the dogs were pissed at norf because they felt the job of promoting the game was left with them as norf did sfa

Norf complain about their thirty years working hard to get the game, but where was the follow up now? Norf should have been on sen and aw daily, pumping this up, doing tv work with the hospital daily, and getting on the back page of the hun every day

Instead they sit back and complain saints fans didnt rock up

Gary Lyon. Campaigner trying to get Nank suspended on SEN over knees in back. Serial Premiershipmond basher.
Irrelevant flog that nobody cares about or is willing to listen to unless he's grandstanding and he's trying to tick that box. If he upsets the largest supporter base in the country he will again have an audience, not a positive one though, but it will get people listening and talking about him and his opinions again.

Not quite

Eureka was a dud idea, BUT norf didnt help matters. First year we were the host, and did a bunch of stuff to promote it and had a lame arse pregame parade. Next year norf hosted, and did sfa. They just figured the afl and richmond would do the work

Again last year, rumours the dogs were pissed at norf because they felt the job of promoting the game was left with them as norf did sfa

Norf complain about their thirty years working hard to get the game, but where was the follow up now? Norf should have been on sen and aw daily, pumping this up, doing tv work with the hospital daily, and getting on the back page of the hun every day

Instead they sit back and complain saints fans didnt rock up
ill be a happy lad the day norf die

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back