Oppo Camp Opposition supporters say the strangest things

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Hardwick’s bit. Meh. He’s speaking to the audience, giving them what they want to hear. Not much in it.

Richmond have got a bit of a track record - re best and Fairest Counts - and big speeches - as you say talking to the audience - " sort of " what they want to hear

Id rate this speech of Hardwicks 2nd

Because nothing will trump Allan Bond ( when he was president of the Tigers ) speech at their Best and Fairest

Bondy stood up - and got a rousing reception from the Tiger nutters and ferals - and proudly proclaimed - " Look - we all love the Red and the Black" - hah - hah - hah

Don't worry about Hardwick - it will just make playing them next season sweeter.

I'd be asking for a home game against them at KP - Just too piss him and Brendan Gale off

Opening of the new stand.

Nah, do it before the new stand is open. The less Tigers fans we can fit in the better.

Speaking of which, they're not coping well with the news about Jimmy Bartel throwing his hat into the ring to replace Brad Scott at AFL House. 🤣

N/A there not worthy of an occasion like that - We want a big club
And a relevant one…
Coach taking what if’s does not make one relevant.
I’d rather do it against a rival… like the Hawks.

Go Catters

End of the day, Lynch kicked a clear behind. All the ifs and buts are irrelevant because its clear as day. He shanked the kick, cost his team the win, anything else doesn't matter. But considering Tiggies haven't beaten Melbourne in 2 years, why are they confident they beat the Dees? Melbourne didn't get out of second gear against them this year and it was the easier 20 odd point you will ever see.

Dimma and his copium.

Nah I remember how bad the Hawks fans were. Maybe you disagree because the best ran club of the last 35 years (us) & the most successful in the past 60 years (Hawks) at least have a mutual respect for eachother?

Compared to Tigers fans where their whole approach is basically * anyone who isn’t us. Quite frankly I love that attitude and wish you lot were as trashy. They’re definitely a pack of tossers thought!

This is why I will never attend a game at our stadium because we can’t even compare to lil Port Adelaide yet alone Richmond. I wish we had hostile crowds bro.

I honestly think it's because Geelong fans aren't as caught up in football.

I'm not really sure how it's worked out that way, but I'll give an example:

You're far more likely to meet a guy who says "Yeah I'm a Cats supporter" if you ask who he barracks for, but he's not a nuffie and probably only attends a couple of games. He'll watch when the side is going well but doesn't get too caught up in the result.

For Richmond supporters that doesn't exist. There's no such thing as a partial Richmond supporter. You either don't support them or you're a complete Richmond nuffie ringing talkback radio to whinge about Steve Hocking and Gerard Whateley.

Someone made this over on 'another' club board to demonstrate how the ARC decision was wrong: (very scientific image)

Some of the best entertainment I've had all year.

81dcd7df93e274d018770883972d327f.jpg

lindsay-lohan-spitting.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

End of the day, Lynch kicked a clear behind. All the ifs and buts are irrelevant because its clear as day. He shanked the kick, cost his team the win, anything else doesn't matter. But considering Tiggies haven't beaten Melbourne in 2 years, why are they confident they beat the Dees? Melbourne didn't get out of second gear against them this year and it was the easier 20 odd point you will ever see.

Dimma and his copium.
Tbf I reckon Tigers would have given Melbourne a real run for their money, given injuries and poor form of several Dees players.

That kind of makes it funnier; they believe they’d have beaten Melbourne and then us…they really do feel they got cheated out of a “guaranteed” GF appearance

Dimma and his copium.

Why complain about something which is out of your control? Even with the point given by the ARC, they still would've won if just one of the five Richmond players was able to punch the ball over the line down the other end instead of letting it go over the back for Joe Daniher to kick the winning goal.

That's what Hardwick should be dirty on.

I honestly think it's because Geelong fans aren't as caught up in football.

I'm not really sure how it's worked out that way, but I'll give an example:

You're far more likely to meet a guy who says "Yeah I'm a Cats supporter" if you ask who he barracks for, but he's not a nuffie and probably only attends a couple of games. He'll watch when the side is going well but doesn't get too caught up in the result.

For Richmond supporters that doesn't exist. There's no such thing as a partial Richmond supporter. You either don't support them or you're a complete Richmond nuffie ringing talkback radio to whinge about Steve Hocking and Gerard Whateley.
For 6 months a year I base my existence around footy so I’m clearly supporting the wrong club? Not a TV person so this is my TV

Why complain about something which is out of your control? Even with the point given by the ARC, they still would've won if just one of the five Richmond players was able to punch the ball over the line down the other end instead of letting it go over the back for Joe Daniher to kick the winning goal.

That's what Hardwick should be dirty on.
I mentioned it a fair while ago but it’s pure deflection to avert the attention away from that poor defensive act

Dimma and his copium.
Yep, and at the end of the day, tigers finished where they deserved this year. They were a top 8 team, not a top 4 team.

OH GREAT ANOTHER GEELOL STOOGE AT AFL HOUSE

THis one made me laugh. You gotta give Bartel credit for having wraps on himself.

He's expecting a phone call? I hope he isn't staying up too late waiting for it. The level of intelligence and capability between Brad Scott and Jimmy Bartel is like day and night.

Brad Scott doesn't even need to go through a coaching process to become a head coach. Gil suggested he's the sort of person that will be a CEO of a club one day.

Jimmy Bartell was given an honourary and unelected role at GWS, probably something he lobbied for. Apart from that, Jimmy's done not much else outside of football and media. I think Brian Cooke pretty much dead-batted Bartells interest in joining the Geelong board with a blunt "It's a little premature"...

THis one made me laugh. You gotta give Bartel credit for having wraps on himself.

He's expecting a phone call? I hope he isn't staying up too late waiting for it. The level of intelligence and capability between Brad Scott and Jimmy Bartel is like day and night.

Brad Scott doesn't even need to go through a coaching process to become a head coach. Gil suggested he's the sort of person that will be a CEO of a club one day.

Jimmy Bartell was given an honourary and unelected role at GWS, probably something he lobbied for. Apart from that, Jimmy's done not much else outside of football and media. I think Brian Cooke pretty much dead-batted Bartells interest in joining the Geelong board with a blunt "It's a little premature"...

While I don’t believe playing for a club entitles anyone to having a role with them, or in the sport they played, he has worked for Geelong part time and has social work, business and law degrees. I’d say of current 38 year old ex players with aspirations of an administrative role within the game he’s not leaving many stones unturned in a bid to qualify himself to achieve it

While I don’t believe playing for a club entitles anyone to having a role with them, or in the sport they played, he has worked for Geelong part time and has social work, business and law degrees. I’d say of current 38 year old ex players with aspirations of an administrative role within the game he’s not leaving many stones unturned in a bid to qualify himself to achieve it
He doesnt have business or law degrees. He commenced studying business and didnt complete it... and it was on open universities.

As someone who is fairly qualified in business related studies at a prestigious university, I often take umbrage at this sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back