Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this time last week the board was in close to full meltdown but I was quite content with the 20 point loss away from home against a good team with a makeshift forward line.
Freo are the best clearance team in the league by quite a way. Any team that relies on clearances may struggle (Suns, Swans etc.).

Aside from beating North, we need one of either Collingwood, Geelong or Brisbane to lose, to make it into the 8 at the end of the round.

Hope it’s the pies. F*ck those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Aside from beating North, we need one of either Collingwood, Geelong or Brisbane to lose, to make it into the 8 at the end of the round.

Hope it’s the pies. F*ck those guys.
The Footy Gods have granted your wish. Now we need to hold up our end of the bargain and beat North. A spot in the top 8 is right there for us if we want it. Let's get it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Simpson stepped down as coach of the Eagles tonight. Any fear of a new coach bounce when we play them at Optus Stadium in a few weeks should be relieved now. Could end up being a crucial game for us so I'm glad we will have one less thing to worry about.

Adam Simpson stepped down as coach of the Eagles tonight. Any fear of a new coach bounce when we play them at Optus Stadium in a few weeks should be relieved now. Could end up being a crucial game for us so I'm glad we will have one less thing to worry about.
Our road to playing finals is shaky at best but that does help somewhat. I do find it unlikely unless this weekend was a genuine wakeup call that strikes a vein of form we've never seen from a SUNS team.

Port at home - we're good at home, but Port is a good team and we haven't beaten them in a long time. 50/50
GWS in Sydney - Another bogey side we can't seem to overcome, dont love our chances 20/80
Brisbane at home - they're in very good form and we got flogged when they weren't. dont love our chances 20/80
West Coast in Perth - bottom 3 side, no coach, but it's away from the Gold Coast so we probably lose. 50/50
Essendon at Marvel - No chance in Melbourne. 10/90
Melbourne at home - Probably our most solid win chance 70/30
Richmond in Melbourne - See West Coast in Perth. 50/50

This also doesn't factor in that we're without Witts and Touk.

The St.Kilda and North games really were, must wins.

Our road to playing finals is shaky at best but that does help somewhat. I do find it unlikely unless this weekend was a genuine wakeup call that strikes a vein of form we've never seen from a SUNS team.

Port at home - we're good at home, but Port is a good team and we haven't beaten them in a long time. 50/50
GWS in Sydney - Another bogey side we can't seem to overcome, dont love our chances 20/80
Brisbane at home - they're in very good form and we got flogged when they weren't. dont love our chances 20/80
West Coast in Perth - bottom 3 side, no coach, but it's away from the Gold Coast so we probably lose. 50/50
Essendon at Marvel - No chance in Melbourne. 10/90
Melbourne at home - Probably our most solid win chance 70/30
Richmond in Melbourne - See West Coast in Perth. 50/50

This also doesn't factor in that we're without Witts and Touk.

The St.Kilda and North games really were, must wins.
Do you think it makes any difference that the GWS game will be Powell's 100th and the QClash will be Noah's 100th? We've pulled off some upsets in milestone games in the past.

Three massive swing games today with Fremantle playing Hawthorn in Tassie this afternoon, Carlton playing the Bulldogs at Marvel in the twilight slot and Essendon playing Melbourne at the MCG tonight. If Carlton and Essendon, who are the favourites, come out victorious today then we officially have the opportunity to move into the top 8 tomorrow (at least temporarily). After the week we've had and all the negative thoughts that have been shared, it would be pretty ironic if we find ourselves inside the top 8 tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back