Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Knew last week result was one of the worst results we ever had.

North getting belted
They played their Grand Final against us last week.

Hawthorn play with the sort of desperation and intent we could only dream of
Funny how the commentators wouldn't shut up about Hawthorn and potentially playing finals this year if they were to win today. Despite being in a better position than the Hawks going into this round, I bet they won't be gushing as much about our finals chances if we beat Port tomorrow. Gotta love that Vic bias.

Hawks showing that a few good mature recruits to go with seasoned veterans can help bolster a team’s impressive youth. Our veterans just aren’t as good as theirs.
They played their Grand Final against us last week.

Funny how the commentators wouldn't shut up about Hawthorn and potentially playing finals this year if they were to win today. Despite being in a better position than the Hawks going into this round, I bet they won't be gushing as much about our finals chances if we beat Port tomorrow. Gotta love that Vic bias.
On the ladder we are similar. Except Hawks actually have form and can chain games together. They lost the first 5 games and have been fine since, with some impressive wins.

We are so hot and cold and don’t beat the teams we should (mostly away). So I can understand that narrative to some degree.

Hawks showing that a few good mature recruits to go with seasoned veterans can help bolster a team’s impressive youth. Our veterans just aren’t as good as theirs.

On the ladder we are similar. Except Hawks actually have form and can chain games together. They lost the first 5 games and have been fine since, with some impressive wins.

We are so hot and cold and don’t beat the teams we should (mostly away). So I can understand that narrative to some degree.
We destroyed Hawks at Carrara so badly that they had a mouthguard training next week.

Hawks today age 25years 0 months, 93 average games, 7 players less than 50 games.

Suns 23 years 3 months, 60 games, 12 players. Who is in re-build?

We destroyed Hawks at Carrara so badly that they had a mouthguard training next week.

Hawks today age 25years 0 months, 93 average games, 7 players less than 50 games.

Suns 23 years 3 months, 60 games, 12 players. Who is in re-build?
Hawks are a different team now to when we slaughtered them at home.

So are we. A few injuries and players out of form etc. Doesn’t take much to turn a team one way or the other; at the moment, we’re a close but not quite team.

1721198029074.png
Lance Collard getting done for the same thing Powell did.

But not sure how I feel about him only getting one game extra than Wil did.

AFL "serious" about ramping up after each offense... but so long as it's not a Victorian team.

Does it matter that it was in a lower league? It shouldn’t.

My understanding was that he said it quite a bit during the match, too. It wasn’t a one off cuss or inappropriate comment.

But then I don’t really know what happened with Will or the circumstances of his suspension. Just lots of rumours and no real clarity in the media, so hard to compare.

In the end, Will (5 games) copped more than Finlayson (3 games), so it hasn’t increased at the same rate. But 6 games is pretty hefty.

Does it matter that it was in a lower league? It shouldn’t.

My understanding was that he said it quite a bit during the match, too. It wasn’t a one off cuss or inappropriate comment.

But then I don’t really know what happened with Will or the circumstances of his suspension. Just lots of rumours and no real clarity in the media, so hard to compare.

In the end, Will (5 games) copped more than Finlayson (3 games), so it hasn’t increased at the same rate. But 6 games is pretty hefty.
6 games lines up perfectly with the end of the year.

Can be available for round 1 2025

Charlie cameron now free to play

If Collingwood keep this up then they will probably take a lot of the heat off us and will stay below us on the ladder.

I know we saw a lot of upsets last week but it would be helpful if the favourites in Geelong and Fremantle take down the Dogs and Dees over the next 24 hours. Decent chance that happens and if Richmond pull off an upset against Port tonight then we'll remain within 4 points of the top 8, but it looks like that won't happen and we'll be 6 points out of the 8 by the time this round ends. Not dead but we do need to get going.

Hawks are just a team absolute studs. Running an absolute a muck in the AFL right now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Richmond look like they're a chance to beat Port tonight. That's definitely a result that would favour us.

Hawks are just a team absolute studs. Running an absolute a muck in the AFL right now
Only issue for Hawthorn is their next three games aren't particularly kind. They'll need to walk away with at least two wins in these games to be a chance.

R20 - Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval
R21 - GWS @ Manuka Oval
R22 - Carlton @ MCG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond look like they're a chance to beat Port tonight. That's definitely a result that would favour us.

Only issue for Hawthorn is their next three games aren't particularly kind. They'll need to walk away with at least two wins in these games to be a chance.

R20 - Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval
R21 - GWS @ Manuka Oval
R22 - Carlton @ MCG

They could win all of these games. They got dilligaf energy

We got 2 away games. And Brisbane at home.

I’d rather be a hawks fan right now.

We are 9W 9L
This is a pretty good season
I’ve had lots of fun
Bring on the BrisC Mini GF#6

Yeah all in all I’m pretty happy to. Been to every game at PFS and walked away happy each time.

It’s just the hawks have something our team has been missing forever, confidence.

I’m jealous

We are 9W 9L
This is a pretty good season
I’ve had lots of fun
Bring on the BrisC Mini GF#6
On paper we have about the number of wins and losses I thought we might have.

The problem is that we are so dominant at home and so much mentally weaker away. So when you look at some teams we have lost too away, it seems like a waste.

But 9-9 is about right. Maybe 10-8 would have been above par, and anything less would be poor.

So basically we have done what I thought we would do, which is a bit defeatist. And we can still get to 12 wins, which should be the minimum goal. Compete to be in finals.

Dan Rioli is dominating against Port on their home deck. Game leader in disposals with 25 and has kicked 2 goals so far. Definitely think we should recruit him if it's an option.

They could win all of these games. They got dilligaf energy

We got 2 away games. And Brisbane at home.

I’d rather be a hawks fan right now.
Possibly and if they do win them all then you just have to tip your hat and say too good. When a team gets hot late in a season like Carlton and GWS did last year, it's like a freight train that's near impossible to stop. Fortunately for us, there's more than one spot still available in the top 8 so Hawthorn making it doesn't necessarily prevent us from making it.

Not sure what to feel if north beat the blues

Was super frustrating when we lost…. But Carlton surely not

North midfield is going to be bonkers good.
Hawks, Crows, NM, St Kilda are all showing improvement - we seem to fade. This week will help to sort us out on the ladder. I hate how we can't get better at the back end of the season. Happy to eat my words after the Q Clash but not overly confident after watching Lions demolish Swans yeaterday.

Hawks, Crows, NM, St Kilda are all showing improvement - we seem to fade. This week will help to sort us out on the ladder. I hate how we can't get better at the back end of the season. Happy to eat my words after the Q Clash but not overly confident after watching Lions demolish Swans yeaterday.
Demolish? On 2 minutes left kick by 2 points with Swans 3 players down?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Opposition Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back