Order Rd2 games as to how they interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong vs Essendon

Brisbane vs Collingwood - Love watching Pies lose
St Kilda vs Carlton - Love watching Blues lose

I am basing this on the games that A) will be entertaining and B)will tell us something about where a club is at.

1/ Adelaide V West Coast - will say a lot about both clubs
2/ Brisbane V Collingwood - will be great to watch
3/ Fremantle V Hawthorn
4/ Sydney V Port Adel - loses points as Syd are atrocious to watch
5/ Richmond v North Melb
6/ Geelong V Essendon
7/ St Kilda V Carlton
8/ Melbourne V Western Bulldogs

Bubble will burst if we lose to the Premiers and one of the most dominate teams in years? :rolleyes:

I think this applies more to the Hawks if they lose to Freo.

I am thinking more along the lines if you get smashed by 100+ points and all the confidence gained from last week evaporates into thin air!

....and ARE GEELONG one of the most dominant teams in years? I thought WCE and Brisbane have been more dominant in the past 6 or 7 years?

Geelong nearly failed to make the GF last year and ended up playing a team that produced the softest effort since Lay down Sally!

1. Fremantle v Hawthorn - Should be a very good contest with two pre-season top 4 contenders going head to head.
2. Brisbane v Collingwood - Two youngish up and coming teams. Quite a few big names playing.
3. Essendon v Geelong - probably won't be as good a contest as most are suggesting, but fast, flowing footy is expected.
4. Sydney v Port Adelaide - Probably won't be great football to watch, but should be a good contest.
5. Richmond V North Melbourne - North should have them covered, but last rounds performances would suggest otherwise.
6. Melbourne v Western Bulldogs - Two teams that will probably be bottom 8.
7. St Kilda v Carlton - Highly rated team vs bottom 8 team. St Kilda should have them covered easily.

1. Sydney V Port Adelaide

2. Essendon V Geelong

3. Fremantle V Hawthorn

4. Brisbane V Collingwood

5. Adelaide V West Coast

6. Melbourne V Western Bulldogs

7. St Kilda V Carlton

8. Richmond V Kangaroos

....and ARE GEELONG one of the most dominant teams in years? I thought WCE and Brisbane have been more dominant in the past 6 or 7 years?

Geelong nearly failed to make the GF last year and ended up playing a team that produced the softest effort since Lay down Sally!

Bit of a silly comment.

West Coast only beat Adelaide by 10 points in their prelim. Nearly failed to make the GF :eek:

Sydney only beat us in the Semi by 3 points in 2005. Nearly failed there :eek:

Does anyone remember these a few years down the track? No, because it's meaningless.

From a morbid perspective, I'm really interested in the Bulldogs-Melbourne game for A the low crowd (no more then 25 K) and B, just to see the reaction if Melbourne gets spanked again, the repurcussions and if the Dees are really heading towards 'Fitzroy' style oblivion ..

I am thinking more along the lines if you get smashed by 100+ points and all the confidence gained from last week evaporates into thin air!

The Hawthorn obsession with Geelong is quite disturbing. This type of dribble belongs in Bay 13, along with your good selves.

Another bitter Hawthorn supporter. Wish they would start up another board so you can all bugger off.

The Hawthorn obsession with Geelong is quite disturbing. This type of dribble belongs in Bay 13, along with your good selves.

WOW, aren't the Geelong suppoters a bit touchy in 08!!! The Cats underachieved for so many years and now that you finally win the big one you think you are untouchable:rolleyes:

My interest has just changed because i put on my multi bet for the week.

Geelong vs Essendon

Brisbane vs Collingwood

Adelaide vs West Coast

Richmond vs Kangaroos

$100 on the bolded teams in a multi paying $20.25 for a return of $2025

Dons are a longshot but not out of the question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon V Geelong (My team is playing so it makes it the most interesting)
Brisbane V Collingwood (Will be interesting to see how well the Collingwood fowards play)
Richmond V North (Lets us see if North can do something. Could be close)
Adelaide V West Coast (These games are usually close)
Freo V Hawks (If Hawks can get on top of the Freo midfield they should own Freo)
Sydney V Port (Can Sydney get up at home?)
Melbourne V Doggies (Melbourne are crap)
St Kilda V Carlton (Carlton are crapper)

WOW, aren't the Geelong suppoters a bit touchy in 08!!! The Cats underachieved for so many years and now that you finally win the big one you think you are untouchable:rolleyes:
How do you think the Dawks are gonna win there 3 premierships by 2012, when they have one of the worst Backlines in the comp. You look at all the premiership teams and they all have good backlines.

1 : Freo v Hawks - are the Hawks really top 4, maybe top 2 – are freo really that bad. Both play a good brand of footy, and I expect a free flowing high scoring game. Close result expected

Hawks – almost round one for them given the cones they competed aginst last week. Style based closely on Port’s so expect a strong minor round performance, finals results may take a little while

Freo – opposite of Kangas – off field things are gangbusters, on field, very ho hum. There should be high expectations for this mob, but yet to meet anyone that has them.[/FONT][/SIZE]

Outcome – home ground will get Freo close, but not there – Hawks

2 : Bris v Woods – big game for the lions and expect them to get off to a flier – first quarter must viewing. Woods will bore Bris to a slumber in 2nd and 3rs, and set the game for a ripping finale

Bris – a lot to like about their Eagles effort, and provided they don’t do a disappearing trick for 4 quarters (as happened last year too often), they have what it talks for this game

Woods – struggles for 3 quarters to get over a side that struggles outside of WA. That said, if Rocca can string 2 weeks together, who knows

Outcome – Brisbane in controversial circumstances (mick can always find some controversy in a loss

3: Adel v Eagles – a well oiled machine against a well drilled dismantler – not quite sure what to expect on the scoreboard, I suspect not much, but I do expect a strong contest.[/

Eagles – Judd will not be the loss some expected – Top 4 for the Eagles

Adelaide – don’t like this mob much – but do admire the way they cling on to the opposition coat tails. Lack the ability to sling themselves over the line at the end though

Outcome – eagles, but close

#4; Syd v Port – ground still not fully complete, so expect Port to play infront of a full house , or nearly, for one of the few times this year. Maybe some bias in my assessment here

Swans – against the trend, I enjoy the Swans games. They are a tough contest, albeit, not always the prettiest to watch. Variety is however one of our great game’s strengths. They have had Ports measure recently

Port - will send the first part of their message to the rest of the competition if they can overcome the Swans and their inventive game plan

Outcome – Port – its just the beginning

#5: EssvGeel – Not sure that Essendon deserve any higher yet. Gelong quality is undoubted, but can the Bombers provide a contest

Geelong – not much need be said. Assuming they have woken up from the half time of last week, I expect their train to keep on steaming along

Essendon – nice effort last week, but didn’t see anything that set the world on fire, and Lucas loss hurts (a loss for the game not just the bombers

Outcome – Geelong, potentially by a lot, but maybe... , no Gellong by a lot

# 6 Rich v Kang – only real interest here is whether the Tigers are back, gunning for 9th again, or not

Tigers – said it all already

Kangaroos – off field seems to be ticking along – ok – can they create a club fiorst and have onfield and offfield success

Outcome – probably not – Tigers in a game of errors.[/

#7 Mel v WB – only question WB would be asking is whether it is worth the risk of injury.

Melb – what was Dean baily thinking? Its too early for a sack the coach rally from the Dees – cant see anything here

Dogs – going well

Outcome – another 4 points for the dogs

#8 Stk v Carlton – whingers v tankers – A 'moral high ground' versus .... how do you actually describe Carlton, other than a reasonable beer

StKilda – did enough last week - just, then obviously thought there must be some one to blame for this, and introduced yet another foreign term to our game

Carlton – some interest somewhere, there must be given the hype, I'm just not sure where I'm supposed to be looking

Outcome – StKilda I suppose

A. Essendon will not get smashed by 100 points. I am prepared to bet anything you like on that.

B. Geelong's season last season was one of the most dominant in the history of the game and many people rate their season on par with Essendons of 2000. Most punters tip them to be as dominant or close to the form of last season. So yes i don't think you could say that Essendons bubble will have burst if they lose to such a great team.

C. I would be more worried about the Hawks losing to Dads army if i were you. :thumbsu:

Your jealousy and envy is so glaringly obvious the way you downplay what Geelong did last year.

You really do hate Geelong don't you......

I'm not going to mention the game involving my own team because its obviously going to come first regardless.

1) Brisbane V Collingwood
2) Sydney V Port Adelaide
3) Melbourne V Western Bulldogs
4) Essendon V Geelong
5) Fremantle V Hawthorn
6) Adelaide V West Coast
7) Richmond V Kangaroos

funny that... to me it looked like u'd given up on the season already. Thank god i was wrong

1. Brisbane V Collingwood - great match-up. Two evenly matched sides. Looking forward to this one.
2. Richmond v North Melb - bleeding obvious, plus I want to see whether our win last week was a genuine sign of improvement.
3. Fremantle V Hawthorn - Can the Hawks continue on their merry way or will the Shockers find another way to lose or get players suspended?
4. Geelong V Essendon - are the Bombers up the up or will the Cats give them a timely reminder that there really is still a long way to go?
5. Adelaide V West Coast - another even match-up. Reckon this could be the closest match of the round.
6. St Kilda V Carlton - can the Blues bounce back? Are the Saints as good as what everyone is talking them up? Will answer a lot of questions, this game.
4. Sydney V Port Adel - Is Barry Hall on his last legs? needs to play some good footy over the next four weeks.
8. Melbourne V Western Bulldogs - sorry, don't mean to sound rude, but who really cares?

funny that... to me it looked like u'd given up on the season already. Thank god i was wrong

Did you notice how everyone listed Geelong vs Essendon high on their list of interest except for quite a few Carlton supporters?

They try make out like they don't care....:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Order Rd2 games as to how they interest you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back