Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

The test for Oscar is to carry it on, now. Not necessarily 5 goals a week but keep playing his role and improving each week. His hands are just so good and he has a good solid set shot which doesn’t look complicated and easily replicated even when tired.

He’s a 4th year apprentice just biding his time before he can go out on his own. Going to make some mistakes and have some quieter games, but those are fewer and further apart. Still think Duggan ends up our next captain, but Oscar will get there at this rate soon enough. Good problem to have.

Still shocked he wasn't added to the leadership group for this year.
I think the absolute worst thing we could do to him at his age is thrust him into a leadership position.

Let him focus on building his body and his game. Let him learn off Kennedy while he’s still around.

Still think Duggan ends up our next captain, but Oscar will get there at this rate soon enough. Good problem to have.

Xav Ellis who seems to be besties with Shuey said Oscar will be our next captain. That must be in the scenario Shuey is still captain in 2-3 years.

Duggan will be at least a VC in his time, but he was tracking for the top gig. We don't change captains too often so I can't see them sharing it around for the sake of it. Oscar has spoken incredibly well since the day he walked into the club. He's now assured enough to bake more senior players and demand more of them. He's intelligent, well liked, and very skilled. I wouldn't be surprised if we move him into the top job at 24-25 and let him run the show for a long period of time.

We definitely missed a trick not bringing both of these guys into the leadership group, though.

Oscar Allen has really impressed me with his leadership this year. He showed glimpses of leadership qualities. I didn't expect that (wasn't in my mind as a potential captain). But that has really really changed

Why are we so sure Duggan is going to be captain? Has there been any indication whatsoever?

Isn't he a junior captain? Good private school boy? Joined the club and seemed beyond his years, not a goofy little kid. Also, we had a complete lack of anyone like that on our list.

Who would you pick from him and Dom Sheed? Wonder if Dom is a curve ball option.

Why are we so sure Duggan is going to be captain? Has there been any indication whatsoever?
He’s been seen as a future club captain even prior to being drafted. He speaks so well in the media, has that clean cut image (especially since he got rid of the mullet) that would be what we as a high profile club would look for.

Was also captain of that AFL-X side we sent over a few years ago. I think it’s certainly something on his radar. And now he’s 24/25, he’s coming right into his prime. If Shuey retires or steps down as captain at the end of this year or next, i don’t think we throw Oscar into that role just yet. He’s just turned 22. But Duggan is at that right age to be mature enough to take it on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s been seen as a future club captain even prior to being drafted. He speaks so well in the media, has that clean cut image (especially since he got rid of the mullet) that would be what we as a high profile club would look for.

Was also captain of that AFL-X side we sent over a few years ago. I think it’s certainly something on his radar. And now he’s 24/25, he’s coming right into his prime. If Shuey retires or steps down as captain at the end of this year or next, i don’t think we throw Oscar into that role just yet. He’s just turned 22. But Duggan is at that right age to be mature enough to take it on.
I feel Duggan is in the Scooter/Waters mould where he is talked up about being captain but probably isnt a good enough player to get it (not saying he isnt good). All of our captains have always been A graders in their position.

I feel Duggan is in the Scooter/Waters mould where he is talked up about being captain but probably isnt a good enough player to get it (not saying he isnt good). All of our captains have always been A graders in their position.
Waters was a very good player lol but was way to injury prone and it end up cutting his career short. Scooter was in a similar boat too in 2014. Had a great 2012/13 but in 2014 cooked his ankle and really ruled him self out

Waters was a very good player lol but was way to injury prone and it end up cutting his career short. Scooter was in a similar boat too in 2014. Had a great 2012/13 but in 2014 cooked his ankle and really ruled him self out
Both of them generally had rubbish disposal. Waters had a great year in 2012 to get his AA but I wouldn't have called him elite by any stretch.

This is kinda my thinking about it too

If we make Duggan the next captain it almost rules out Allen as a future captain given the two year age gap between the two. Feel it’s a case of one or the other when the time is right

If we make Duggan the next captain it almost rules out Allen as a future captain given the two year age gap between the two. Feel it’s a case of one or the other when the time is right

Was convinced the two year thing was a mistake, but no.

How is Duggan only 24? Feels like he's been around forever.

He was the youngest from that draft iirc

I would rather Duggan be kept for potential trade bait, if needed, so would prefer a different captain tbh

Dead.

To.

Me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back