The Original Swooper

Premiership Player
Mar 11, 2007
3rd house on the left
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
OFC FC
I know this is not exactly footy related, but those in here know of my disregard for the Dome management, including the ludicrous prices of food and beverages. Over the last 5 years, I have been on a mission with SWMBO, my mum, her hubby, (an ex FFC director) exploring EVERY restaurant within walking distance of the dome. Our latest "excellent" value find is the New Quay Buffet, which for $32 per head have a huge...and I mean huge... all you can eat Buffet (predominantly asian style food). Noon til about 1.45pm we will be scoffing down crispy skin pork, peking duck, mussells, prawns... and that's just my entree..:D We will down a couple of bottles of reasonably priced wines (reasonable from a restaurant mark up perspective), then head over to our Reserved seats. As I gave away drinking at the footy eons ago, (I am NOT a wowser, but prefer to actually "see" the game), I can look forward to the trip home, then watching the replay with a bottle of red. The replay always puts a different perspective on the game you just witnessed. If I am not tiring after the replay, I opt for the comic relief of visiting BF, to see the loons dropping several players, expert commentaries from folks who did not go to the game, and general free for all of all things uninformed...;)

Now, if I don't do that, I'd be paying the same money for a mid strength beer, a pie, chips a chocolate bar. Sheesh, last week a small bottle of water and a Cherry Ripe cost me over 8 bucks. Stick your catering up your clacker Collins!! Call me a snob, but at my age, I'd prefer to call it selective lifestyle choices.

hooroo....

Yeah not really sure what is around there I usually just have something at home then have a few beers at the game, anyone know of a decent pub that's around the area?

I know this is not exactly footy related, but those in here know of my disregard for the Dome management, including the ludicrous prices of food and beverages. Over the last 5 years, I have been on a mission with SWMBO, my mum, her hubby, (an ex FFC director) exploring EVERY restaurant within walking distance of the dome. Our latest "excellent" value find is the New Quay Buffet, which for $32 per head have a huge...and I mean huge... all you can eat Buffet (predominantly asian style food). Noon til about 1.45pm we will be scoffing down crispy skin pork, peking duck, mussells, prawns... and that's just my entree..:D We will down a couple of bottles of reasonably priced wines (reasonable from a restaurant mark up perspective), then head over to our Reserved seats. As I gave away drinking at the footy eons ago, (I am NOT a wowser, but prefer to actually "see" the game), I can look forward to the trip home, then watching the replay with a bottle of red. The replay always puts a different perspective on the game you just witnessed. If I am not tiring after the replay, I opt for the comic relief of visiting BF, to see the loons dropping several players, expert commentaries from folks who did not go to the game, and general free for all of all things uninformed...;)

Now, if I don't do that, I'd be paying the same money for a mid strength beer, a pie, chips a chocolate bar. Sheesh, last week a small bottle of water and a Cherry Ripe cost me over 8 bucks. Stick your catering up your clacker Collins!! Call me a snob, but at my age, I'd prefer to call it selective lifestyle choices.

hooroo....

You sure you aren't an Essendon supporter? :)

Just a lazy $32 do you get a share in the joint for that. Do they have an egg and chips with the grub.

If you think $32 per head is expensive for an all you can eat buffet, you need to get out more. Mind you, I get the feeling you are still learning to use a knife & fork.

hooroo....

Went to the bar in Southern Cross station wasn't bad, then went and got my heart ripped out by the dogs piss poor performance I was not a happy chap last night or today either for that matter.

We lost to the Eagles twice this year and that in my opinion is laughable.

hooroo....

Only $20 in Grey st StKilda:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

OT: Pre footy eats (Dome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back