Other amazing last minute victories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another one that sticks in the memory was the infamous 1994 Sydney Vs St.Kilda "Plugger Lockett KO's Peter Caven match". Swans were 54 points up with 15 minutes left in the last, and fell into a complete heap. Plugger finished with 11 of the saints 16 goals and they got up by a point. Shattering loss for any Swan fans, but geez they were happy to get him the next year.
[YOUTUBE]-wlLe3-fGoI[/YOUTUBE]

Lol at Derek Kickett's 'spoil' at 1:24.

Peter Riccardi the scumbag as already mentioned. I really wanted that win too :(

Fevola vs Adelaide in 2004, a goal from the boundary 50m out, ripper win.

Carlton vs Collingwood round 8, 2004 (I think)....Collingwood in front by 4 goals with about 8 mins left when Davies and Deluca decide to have their only decent games in navy Blue ;) Great win that one!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BpQNE_dkaw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_BpQNE_dkaw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Port v Geelong, round 21 2007. Port were playing great all game until some brilliance by Gary Ablett put the cats in front, only to have dom cassisi steal the win with about 10 seconds on the clock.
^3 seconds more like it :thumbsu:

[youtube]zLPGRQyfRbc[/youtube]

Commetti and McAvaney were shameful in their 'attempt' (or lack of) to capture the excitement of the moment though. Grybas/Taylor/Hudson/Christian all would've captured that awesome moment 100x better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commetti and McAvaney were shameful in their 'attempt' (or lack of) to capture the excitement of the moment though. Grybas/Taylor/Hudson/Christian all would've captured that awesome moment 100x better.
That was a revolting piece of "commentary." No passion at all.

And to top it off with Ox's special comments of "there's the contest" and "he tried to tackle who ever it was."

Nick Davis wins this thread, but I daresay Port's wins over Hawthorn (R20, 2007) and then Geelong (R21, 2007) would be the only case of a side winning with the last kick of the game in successive weeks, and for it to be at such a crucial stage of the season with second spot up for grabs made it even more special.

ZAHARAKIS!

[youtube]1VWhUEt5ZJc[/youtube]

Commentary did the moment justice as well.

That atmosphere is awesome too... not just the crowd number, but it's wet, late afternoon, dark sky, lights on... eveything just clicked

i got chills watching that and im a neutral

not sure who was calling at the moment of his kick though? quartermaine? well-called in my opinion

Yeah, that's Quartermain. The commentators actually are really important at times like that. They can almost completely ruin moments with dull commentary. Thank God CH10 had this year's clash.

The Triple M commentary of the goal was also good (and bloody hilarious). Might upload the goal with their commentary dubbed over the top later.

anyway in 2003 Adelaide vs. Collingwood Tazza's goal after the siren we win by 5...

I was there that night - just glorious. Probably Tarrant's finest hour in his best year at the Pies.

A good one that hasn't been mentioned:

Round 15, 2002, Sydney vs. Port Adelaide at the SCG - Port's Jared Poulton kicks the winning goal from a set shot after the siren to win the game for the Power by 2 points.

Another one was Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs round 21, 2005.

The Bulldogs were 4 goals up, with about 4 minutes to go.

Melbourne went bang, bang, bang bang, with Jeff White kicking a big 50 meter goal to put them in front right before the siren

That one was total theft by the Dees and propelled then into 8th at the expense of the Doggies who finished 9th.

The Friday night game of that very round was memorable for Freo fans too, Justin Longmuir takes a great pack mark on the siren, Freo down by a point, goes back and slots the goal from 40 on 45 degree angle to win the game for Freo after the siren, best game I've ever been to.

It's a shame J-Lo's knees were so dodgy, such a talented player.

I can't find it on youtube but the build up to the Zakharakis goal was uncannily like the Troy Schwarze goal against Brisbane in 2004.

Kick out from full back towards the boundary on the left hand side. Ball comes over the back of the pack. A couple of handpasses through the centre and a kick across the ground.

Zakharakis was more central though and closer to goal.

Round 14, 2007.

Neale Daniher's final game as coach of the Melbourne Football Club.

Melbourne up by less than a kick, about 5 seconds left the ball gets to Lucas who runs in to the open goal with McLean and Bell attempting to bring him down but failing and he kicks the goal and the Bombers steal it.

I hate you Scott Lucas.

Another one was Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs round 21, 2005.

The Bulldogs were 4 goals up, with about 4 minutes to go.

Melbourne went bang, bang, bang bang, with Jeff White kicking a big 50 meter goal to put them in front right before the siren

That one was total theft by the Dees and propelled then into 8th at the expense of the Doggies who finished 9th.
I was there.

Bestest game ever!

Port vs Geelong 2007 at Skilled Stadium (Ablett seals it..........not quite)
Port vs Hawthorn 2007 at Aurora (Amazing comeback from the dead)

Remove this Banner Ad

Other amazing last minute victories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back